PDA

View Full Version : OT: "Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum"

skipperbob
12-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Since everyone knows that I am a _ _ _ _ nitwit; (insert computer, forum, poker, whatever), it will come as no surprise that I can't figure-out how to use the search function /images/graemlins/mad.gif...Well, this A.M. I was in need of a "refresher" read of Irieguy's That of Which We Do Not Speak post and I was becoming increasingly frustrated by my inability to find it /images/graemlins/frown.gif...At exactly that moment Durron (the Mod with a Brain)posted a reply to the RojoSox thread which contained the link I needed /images/graemlins/smile.gif

As a side-note; it is interesting to review old posts just to notice how few of the respondents still post on STTF /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Is it Feb.17th Yet?

durron597
12-07-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At exactly that moment Durron (the Mod with a Brain)posted a reply to the RojoSox thread which contained the link I needed /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My spidey sense told me that thread was needed.

citanul
12-07-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At exactly that moment Durron (the Mod with a Brain)posted a reply to the RojoSox thread which contained the link I needed /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My spidey sense told me that thread was needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

he cheats. he uses satellites.

durron597
12-07-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

he cheats. he uses the dark side of the force.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Melchiades
12-07-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As a side-note; it is interesting to review old posts just to notice how few of the respondents still post on STTF /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Also interesting to see a raptor post that doesn't end with "holla".

citanul
12-07-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

he cheats. he uses the dark side of the force.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, question:

is the dark side of christmas the part where i tell my gf's stepdad's grandchildren that there is no santa claus? or is it some other part?

benfranklin
12-07-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably driven away by the recent deluge of OT posts, most looking bullet-ridden with /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Actually, I was thinking the same thing last night while reading over some old threads I had collected. I searched on a number of very good posters who have not been seen here-abouts in a while (PVS, chill888, dethgrind, NegativeEV, ChrisBrown, etc). Some are apparently gone, while others seem to have moved to other games, like MTT or NL cash games.

bearly
12-07-2005, 01:11 PM
actually, i think this recent wave of ot posts has been refreshing. i was on the verge of checking out other forums when we went thru those many months of pages of posts dealing largely w/ how the posters were "crushing" the games, and figures like 1k, 5k, 10k, 30k, were falling like rain. ot posts can be fun, the others were becoming oh, so sad....................b

durron597
12-07-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

ok, question:

is the dark side of christmas the part where i tell my gf's stepdad's grandchildren that there is no santa claus? or is it some other part?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is part of it. Also part of it is when you buy the male grandchildren giant pink sweaters 2 sizes too big and expect them to wear it the rest of the night.

johnnybeef
12-07-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Probably driven away by the recent deluge of OT posts, most looking bullet-ridden with

[/ QUOTE ]

Either that, or they realize that SNGS are a relatively simple form of poker. There really is only so much you can do with short stack nlhe tournaments with huge blinds.

pooh74
12-07-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably driven away by the recent deluge of OT posts, most looking bullet-ridden with /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Actually, I was thinking the same thing last night while reading over some old threads I had collected. I searched on a number of very good posters who have not been seen here-abouts in a while (PVS, chill888, dethgrind, NegativeEV, ChrisBrown, etc). Some are apparently gone, while others seem to have moved to other games, like MTT or NL cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot to mention Desdia...

durron597
12-07-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course we've seen Desdia, I just banned him again last week.

pooh74
12-07-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course we've seen Desdia, I just banned him again last week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot this conversation...who do yo CLAIM was Desdia again? There can be no substitute so watch what you say...