PDA

View Full Version : AJo turn

PokerBob
12-07-2005, 07:26 AM
Canterbury 15/30 9 handed
I have shown down nothing but quality hands, not that it matters as the game is full of donkeydonks. I am racking up and being very talkative/obnoxious, but i am that way. I get my last hand UTG and say, "Am I gonna raise my last hand?" I see AJo and POP it, 2 folds, 1 guy who plays pretty tight and OK CC's, a total fish CC's, I say "I am still ahead but I flop bad" folds to BB who now 3-bets and says "I have the best hand". I believe him. I call, other 2 dudes call.

Flop 4 ways (12.67SB): KQ4r
BB bets, I call, dude calls, fish folds.

Turn 3 ways (7.835BB): 2 that completes the rainbow. BB bets, I...........

toss
12-07-2005, 07:37 AM
I'm scared of the tight guy's hand range. What hand is he calling the flop with? Is he going to pop the turn? Is he passive postflop and will call down with AK/KQ? Does he slowplay monsters till the river? Whether you can call or not depends on the tight guy will do on the turn.

jason_t
12-07-2005, 07:39 AM
If the BB can continue betting 99--JJ on the turn then a call is okay. It's close so if you don't know this or know that he won't you have to fold.

worm33
12-07-2005, 10:59 AM
man i dont think it close getting less than 9-1 not closing the action. His most likely hand is 3 kings or 3 queens. I would say u have an average of about 4.2 outs.

piggity
12-07-2005, 01:12 PM
I think this is an easy fold. There is nothing the BB holds that you beat, and most of his holdings have you in very bad shape.

bone77
12-07-2005, 02:29 PM
Let's imagine that you weren't racking up before the hand was dealt. Without saying a word you decide to raise. Same action to BB. He now reraises, without saying a word. This is a strong hand.
But that's not what happened. BB knows you're probably raising light, AJo is probably at the top of your range in his opinion. Then no reraise back to him so when he looks at his pocket TT out comes the speech, "I have the best hand". People do not say that preflop without a pocket pair, nor do they say that when holding AA, KK, or QQ. Hence, raise the turn, get good playing dude to fold his Queen and BB to fold his pocket pair. Worse case scenario you still have 4-10 outs on the river.

worm33
12-07-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's imagine that you weren't racking up before the hand was dealt. Without saying a word you decide to raise. Same action to BB. He now reraises, without saying a word. This is a strong hand.
But that's not what happened. BB knows you're probably raising light, AJo is probably at the top of your range in his opinion. Then no reraise back to him so when he looks at his pocket TT out comes the speech, "I have the best hand". People do not say that preflop without a pocket pair, nor do they say that when holding AA, KK, or QQ. Hence, raise the turn, get good playing dude to fold his Queen and BB to fold his pocket pair. Worse case scenario you still have 4-10 outs on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

stop, please stop

12-07-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Flop 4 ways (12.67SB): KQ4r
BB bets, I call, dude calls, fish folds.

Turn 3 ways (7.835BB): 2 that completes the rainbow. BB bets, I...........

[/ QUOTE ]

Simply muck it. Yeah, MAYBE the ace outs are good, but probably not. You're dealing with a BB reraiser (a move of extreme strength), and a dude behind you who knows how to play. Your position is mediocre, your hand sucks, and you probably only have four good outs. Just... fold.

SGS
12-07-2005, 03:17 PM
I just muck it and move on to the next hand, or rack up and leave as the case may be this time.

SGS

bone77
12-07-2005, 04:13 PM
so i take it you muck the turn? i'm a sucker for the semi-bluff with a gutshot on the turn play, so that's how i come up with the story /images/graemlins/wink.gif

-tony

flawless_victory
12-07-2005, 08:31 PM
given the table talk, i put BB on QQ and CO on AK.
time 4 folding.