PDA

View Full Version : Funny scenes in movies that weren't meant to be funny.

LDGIRL
12-07-2005, 06:58 AM
Or some scenes that were meant to be kind of funny, but were very funny to you for some reason.

People under the stairs - When the girl walks in the room and says " I see you mother" Then the crazy incest mom says " And I see you" Then she shows a knife, starts screaming and then she runs towards her, but she runs like Peggy from Married With Children lol

The Birthday clown at the beginning of Liar Liar

In Leprachaun Back 2 The Hood - The pot head who is telling his dog to go get a job because he thinks he wants his weed. He looks real funny when he starts barking at it.

Pirates of The Plain - When Tim Curry is taking off down the dirt road in his stupid little lawnmower go cart thingie

Can't think of any more right now.

shant
12-07-2005, 07:00 AM
Anytime Joe Pesci has killed anyone on screen.

MasterShakes
12-07-2005, 07:05 AM
Fear - Every scene involving Mark Wahlberg.

spamuell
12-07-2005, 07:06 AM
I can't be bothered to think of any particular ones but basically in every Hollywood film there are several ridiculously clichéd, unrealistic and oversentimental moments which usually make me laugh.

WackityWhiz
12-07-2005, 07:10 AM
I don't really know where else to put this, but i've been itching to tell someone about it for quite some time. In Rounders when they are eating at the noodle bar, worm spits food out of his mouth. If you are looking for it, it's pretty easy to spot.

"i'm not gonna fkin sit in the can and have my friend paying down my debt, i'm not a leech"

that scene, always makes me laugh.

-WW

LDGIRL
12-07-2005, 07:10 AM
The way the guy laughs in Goodfellas. He's the kid that wanted to be a gangster and is now grown up.

LDGIRL
12-07-2005, 07:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really know where else to put this, but i've been itching to tell someone about it for quite some time. In Rounders when they are eating at the noodle bar, worm spits food out of his mouth. If you are looking for it, it's pretty easy to spot.

"i'm not gonna fkin sit in the can and have my friend paying down my debt, i'm not a leech"

that scene, always makes me laugh.

-WW

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty funny when that girl goes snooping in Matt's clothes while he's in the shower and puts the money on the counter. Hello??? Aren't you gonna feel stupid by letting him know you were snooping his ass???

pokergrader
12-07-2005, 07:30 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

craig r
12-07-2005, 07:35 AM
DeNiro in Cape Fear. Too many scenes to name them all.

craig

astroglide
12-07-2005, 12:50 PM
the 'psychic detective' in manhunter lamenting the fate of a family while sitting in a tree in their house's backyard

Mason Hellmuth
12-07-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty much this entire movie was unintentionally funny.

IndieMatty
12-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Meet Joe Black, when he gets hit by the car. Hilarious.

SL__72
12-07-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I opened this thread with the intention of posting this scene...

mmcd
12-07-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anytime Joe Pesci has killed anyone on screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my favorite Joe Pesci scenes:

I think in all fairness, I should explain to you exactly what it is that I do. For instance tomorrow morning ill get up nice and early, take a walk down over to the bank and... walk in and see and you... if you don't have my money for me, I'll... crack your [censored]' head wide-open in front of everybody in the bank. And just about the time that I'm comin' out of jail, hopefully, you'll be coming out of your coma. And guess what? I'll split your [censored]' head open again. 'Cause I'm [censored]' stupid. I don't give a [censored] about jail. That's my business. That's what I do.

12-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Lawrence Taylor in The Water Boy telling kids not to smoke crack.

Peca277
12-07-2005, 01:11 PM
In Titanic when the dude falls and hits the propeller throwing him into a massive spin... cracks me up every time.

DrSavage
12-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Pretty much the entire Transporter movie. Dialog had me rolling on the floor , and there wasn't anything funny about it either.

henrikrh
12-07-2005, 01:22 PM
In LOTR, teh first one, when Frodo sails away from Sam (who can't swim) and Sam swims out to catch him. Hadn;t read the books, thought Sam was actually gonna die, and the expression on his face, me and my friend laughed till the credits

jba
12-07-2005, 01:29 PM
"yo student has become my teacha"

karate kid II I think

jba
12-07-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In Titanic when the dude falls and hits the propeller throwing him into a massive spin... cracks me up every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

good call, very funny

12-07-2005, 01:34 PM
In the original Star Wars series, "Star Wars IV - A New Hope", when the stormtroopers "blast" into the control room where R2 and C3PO are hiding, and the storm trooper on the far right of the screen bangs his head on the door coming in.

This may not qualify, because it's technically a mistake, but it's still hilarious.

Soul Daddy
12-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Any Silence of the Lambs scene featuring Buffalo Bill. Well, clearly his character is supposed to draw the occasional creepy laugh, but I pretty much crack up every time he's on screen.

SL__72
12-07-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean you watch this movie regularly?

12-07-2005, 01:45 PM
Falling Down. The scene with the Korean shop-owner ("rolling back prices to 1955) and the one at the restaurant when he can't get breakfast.

Yeti
12-07-2005, 01:58 PM
Any scene in Saw involving the clown.

Hornacek
12-07-2005, 02:02 PM
When the couple dies at the end of The Notebook. For some reason, 3/4 people I saw it with all ended up cracking up. My teary GF thought I was an idiot.

12-07-2005, 02:12 PM
In Raiders of the Lost Ark, there's a close up of the french archelogist whiles he's giving a big speech to Indy in the desert. Then a fly lands near his mouth and he eats it.

I crack up every time. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eviljeff
12-07-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly I think this was supposed to be funny later on in the movie when you realize that (1) he is kinda still alive but being used by death (2) he comes back fully alive at the end

soko
12-07-2005, 02:17 PM
come ON guys...

Neo from "The Matrix"

Woooah....

12-07-2005, 02:21 PM
At the end of Clear and Present Danger, when the President says to Harrison Ford "The old Potomic two step, huh?" And then Harrison Ford says "I'm sorry Mr. President. I don't dance." And he turns around and walks out of the Oval Office.

DrSavage
12-07-2005, 02:31 PM
Aliens vs Predator, several characters observe Aurora Borealis from the ship. The scientist explains to everybody:

"These are protons, electrons from the sun!"

trotski
12-07-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any scene in Saw involving the clown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also thought this entire film was pretty hilarious.

12-07-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
come ON guys...

Neo from "The Matrix"

Woooah....

[/ QUOTE ]

Trinity: No Neo, you have to be.
Neo: I'm sorry, I'm not. I'm just another guy.

The delivery makes me LMAO every time.

ScottieK

Conspir8or
12-07-2005, 02:49 PM
"Summer of Sam" from the late 90s. Guy playing David Berkowitz is sitting in his apartment, trying to hold it in, when this dog walks into the room. Dog (using John Turturro's voice, IIRC) says, via the magic of CG mouth-animation technology, "Kill! KILL! KIIIILLLLL!!" My buddy and I laughed for a good 5 minutes straight.

kipin
12-07-2005, 02:50 PM
Most of Van Helsing because it was just so over the top and stupid.

In particular the scene when the carriage goes over the cliff and spontaneously bursts into a massive fireball for no apparent reason.

Alchemist
12-07-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
DeNiro in Cape Fear. Too many scenes to name them all.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the first one that came to mind for me. I don't even rememeber that much of the movie, I just remember the horrible special effects of the boat getting smashed up in the end and my friends and I laughing our asses off.

dcasper70
12-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Pulp Fiction
John Travolta:

"I just shot Marvin in the face!!!"

That line cracks me up. Was it supposed to be funny?

Boris
12-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Braveheart. The scene where Mel Gibson is getting ripped to peices, literally, and he yells "FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!".

I LMFAOat the movie theatre when he did that. It went over like a fart in church.

12-07-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when I read the topic that's the scene I had in mind. I just read through to make sure I wouldn't post the same thing. I've seen the movie once but go into hysterics everytime I think about it. Also, in City of Angels when Meg Ryan is riding down the street on her bike with her arms up and eyes closed and then they show you a huge logging truck. I lost it in the theater and had to get up and leave.

bad beetz
12-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Sin City when the twin sister says, "Kill 'em Marv.... Kill em' good!"

Vote4Pedro
12-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Basically every scene from Point Break

12-07-2005, 07:06 PM
All of Fantastic Four (except the purposely "funny" parts-those sucked.)

All of I Am Sam. I hate sean penn and dislike the mentally disabled.

All of any of the Rob Zombie movies when they try to be scary.

Rounders: "I don't play the cards. I play the people."

12-08-2005, 12:24 AM
that part in Schindler's List when they kill all those Jews. Tear worthy man, tear worthy.

lighterjobs
12-08-2005, 12:26 AM
in the butterfly effect when ashton kutcher was in the wheelchair and didn't have any arms they gave him a granola bar and he broke it with his fake woodern hand. i was watching this at the movies on opening night and cracked my [censored] up and everyone around immediately hated me.

12-08-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In Raiders of the Lost Ark, there's a close up of the french archelogist whiles he's giving a big speech to Indy in the desert. Then a fly lands near his mouth and he eats it.

I crack up every time. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Whaaa?

I've seen that movie thirty times and never noticed this.

You sure you don't have the directors' cut?

12-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Every scene from Charlie's Angels.

Every scene from the first 10 minutes of Charlie's Angels II, and presumably the entire movie, I'm assuming, since I couldn't bear to watch anymore.

surfinillini
12-08-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
in the butterfly effect when ashton kutcher was in the wheelchair and didn't have any arms they gave him a granola bar and he broke it with his fake woodern hand. i was watching this at the movies on opening night and cracked my [censored] up and everyone around immediately hated me.

[/ QUOTE ]

butterfly effect was one of the stupidest [censored] movie I've ever seen...what was that crap

youtalkfunny
12-08-2005, 01:35 AM
Me and a buddy go see "To Live and Die in LA".

SPOILER WARNING NOW.

It's a buddy cop flick. Our heroes team up, spend the movie tracking down the bad guys, and of course in the end, they get their man.

Then, after we thought it was all over, in a twist no-one was ready for, one of our heroes gets his head blown off by a point-blank shotgun blast in an ambush no one expected. Whoa!

His partner rushes to his side, holds him in his arms, and shouts at the faceless man, "Speak to me! Speak to me!"

Sitting in the back row of the theater, I quietly cracked in my best Curly voice, "Say a few syllables!"

My buddy bursts out laughing. Every head in the theater turns around to glare at him, unable to believe that someone could burst out laughing in an incredibly dramatic, poignant scene.

12-08-2005, 02:02 AM
at the end of Cop Land when they shoot the gun next to Sylvester Stallone's ear and the next 5-10 minutes is the ringing that he hears. I laughed forever...in fact I'm still laughing

nothumb
12-08-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In Leprachaun Back 2 The Hood - The pot head who is telling his dog to go get a job because he thinks he wants his weed. He looks real funny when he starts barking at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this unintentionally funny? This whole movie was a huge joke...

NT

Autocratic
12-08-2005, 02:57 AM
The ending to Sleepaway Camp. If you've seen it, I'm not sure how anything else can even be considered.

Gary Stevenson
12-08-2005, 03:11 AM
i couldn't stop laughing after the girl had escaped and the clown comes in riding on the tricycle...easily the funniest scene in the movie.

ZZzzZZzz

KneeCo
12-08-2005, 03:21 AM
Revenge of the Sith, Vader is told he kills Padme and yells "Nooooooooooo".

Also, the beginning, middle and end parts of Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes remake.

Taraz
12-08-2005, 06:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Revenge of the Sith, Vader is told he kills Padme and yells "Nooooooooooo".

[/ QUOTE ]

This just reminded me of how bad the all the new ones were. My favorite line: "I don't like the sand, it's hard and coarse. Not like you, you're soft and smooth."

dlk9s
12-08-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lawrence Taylor in The Water Boy telling kids not to smoke crack.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was meant to be funny.

dizong
12-08-2005, 07:08 PM
"Get him a bodybag, yeahhh, hehehehehehehehehe!!!!"

One among many scenes in that movie... (Karate Kid)

dizong