PDA

View Full Version : Over pump?

ArturiusX
12-07-2005, 06:40 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (7.70 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB

Villian is passive (50/4/.9) most of the time, and can be pushed out of pots. I was thinking my implied odds are probably high if I can fake top pair on the flop, he'd also check through most rivers if I spike a weak pair for me. I think he sees monsters, because he didnt cap a K high flush on a paired board vs a donk once.

Who likes? Overkill?

Roy6
12-07-2005, 06:47 AM
If he's so passive, he doesn't bet the river without a queen?

Jinx
12-07-2005, 06:49 AM
If he's really that passive he'll have a queen here 90% of the time, which he'll never fold. You're not winning this hand without improving. However if he's really that passive you might be able to 3 bet the flop for the turn free card. I'd still just call the flop raise though.

Don't try to push loose passives off top pair, save it for the TAGS.

imported_leader
12-07-2005, 06:51 AM
It's not bad given your read that he will fold something better sometimes. Since you probably have ~50% equity on the flop a lot of the time and don't expect a turn raise, it's hard to say this is worse then b/c the flop and c/c the turn.

imported_leader
12-07-2005, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he's really that passive he'll have a queen here 90% of the time,

[/ QUOTE ]

.9 for someone playing half there hands isn't that passive. He’ll likely be raising things other then top pair here a good amount.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't try to push loose passives off top pair, save it for the TAGS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Decent TAGS aren't folding top pair much either.

12-07-2005, 07:00 AM
I dont like it :/

I would call. Im uncertain if I would donk the river or try a CR.

ArturiusX
12-07-2005, 07:17 AM
He's not exactly loose passive, but how else do I play it?

Check-call, check-call, check... woops he checked through my flush.

I think I can hurt him and make him fold a small pp, a crap 7 or 6.

RunDownHouse
12-07-2005, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He's not exactly loose passive, but how else do I play it?

Check-call, check-call, check... woops he checked through my flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would say bet/call is pretty much the best line on this flop, not check/call or bet/3bet. The stats indicate he's kind of middle of the road, but you describ him as sort of passive. So he's raising a Q, a 7, maybe a 6, and maybe a flush draw. I don't think he ever folds a Q, so you're trying to fold out a 7 or 6, and on the turn you've invested 2.5BBs to do so. I would have to have a read that he folds the turn an awful lot with made hands, and it doesn't sound like your read is strong enough to indicate that.