PDA

View Full Version : Greaser or Soc?

oreogod
12-07-2005, 06:23 AM
Because a scene from Outsiders was playing when I played this hand. (quote that was going on while it was played at bottom). Assume, okay but kind of crappy opponent.

10/20 HU.

Preflop: Hero is sb/Button with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero raises, Big blind calls

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Big blind bets, Hero calls

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Big blind bets, Hero raises, Big blind calls

River:T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Big blind checks, Hero.....

No real relavance, but I found it amusing this was said during the hand.

Soc: "You can't win. You know that, don't you? It doesn't matter if you whip us, you'll still be where you were before, at the bottom. And we'll still be the lucky ones at the top with all the breaks. It doesn't matter. Greasers will still be greasers and socs will still be socs. It doesn't matter."

oreogod
12-07-2005, 06:31 AM
OOPS. Posted the wrong hand. This is the one I meant to post. Please feel free to comment on both of them, though. Same villian.

The reason I am posting this is I got 2 diff responses.

Preflop: Hero is sb/Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero raises, Big blind calls

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif
Big blind checks, Hero bets, Big blind raises, Hero calls (sometimes I threebet, sometimes I call and go for the turn raise. 3betting might have been better, drawy flop, flush card may scare him, or help him...etc. I could go either/or, sometimes there is more chance of a call down taking this flop the extra step)

Turn: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Big blind bets, Hero raises, Big blind 3bets.....

12-07-2005, 07:08 AM
You have the history with this guy. Is he someone who defends with many hands with 2,3 in them? Does he call with small pps? Has he donked before? I am probably betting the hand hoping he has 55.

Hand two looks hard to comment on. :/

Wynton
12-07-2005, 09:35 AM
First of all, can you clarify whether the quote from the movie was occurring during the first or second hand? Could be important.

About the first hand, I'd just check the river.
Second hand: I dunno. I think this really might depend upon the history between you guys. I've been trying to figure out when 3-betting the flop is better than waiting till the turn, and the best I can come up with is that you simply need to vary your play a lot HU (with regard to this type of decision in particular).

I think I like the turn raise, provided you can then fold to the 3-bet.