PDA

View Full Version : AAA

PokerBob
12-07-2005, 05:36 AM
Canterbury 15/30 (9 handed)
READS:
BB here is a total fish. Limps K2s UTG. Will call from the blinds with anything. Can get somewhat tricky postflop, but typically honest.

UTG is a loose retard. Can get weird aggressive postflop.

UTG+1 is a total fish and likes to open raise any 2 from any position. Will make weird blufs, but calms down on the expensive streets.

UTG+2 Is a typical donk. Playss too many hands, but doesn't do anything seriously retarded.. I know he is a floor guy at Potowanami in Milwaukee, but comes to Canterbury around once a month.

First 3 donkies limp, I raise A /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif, folds to BB who calls, rest call.

Flop 5 ways (10SB): A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
checks to me and I bet, BB cals, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn 4 ways (7SB): J /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 now donks, my line?

toss
12-07-2005, 05:51 AM
I think you should raise. UTG+2 is probably more likely to checkraise with a flush and at the same time you want the other two folding a weak spade that can sink you on the river. Not only that you get more bets into the pot when the two fishes can't stand to fold their one card flush draws.

newhizzle
12-07-2005, 06:01 AM
this happened to me earlier tonight when i had a set of queens, i called, boated up on the river, and got bet into, it was cool, but i dont think i had a bunch of assholes behind me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

i dont really play live much, by typical donk do you mean hes the type of player who wouldnt bet here without a flush?

i would hate to give a cheap card to anyone with a single spade, but judging by what most people say about live players this might be a call, but i think its close, i dont know

PokerBob
12-07-2005, 06:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

i dont really play live much, by typical donk do you mean hes the type of player who wouldnt bet here without a flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really didn't know what to make of the bet. Does it means flush? Does he have a hand like KJ? Or KT /images/graemlins/spade.gif? Or Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ? It was a tough spot.

hobbsmann
12-07-2005, 06:13 AM
Raise for these reasons:

-You have a decent chance of still being ahead of the donker as some of the time he will be doing this with two pair or even a worse set.

-A straight also will probably not 3-bet fearing a flush from you

-Even if he has a flush you have a lot of outs to improve and likely can get 2 bets in on the river

-The loosish players behind you are never folding a lone spade and often will not fold other hands you have crushed, effectively pading the pot for you the times you are drawing.

bicyclekick
12-07-2005, 06:44 AM
I pop it. If you're behind you're behind and you're gonna pay. But you also could knock out some small [censored] spades that you're behind and he could easily have 2 pair. The river could also give you a full. Protect your hand in a big pot with other players.

PokerBob
12-07-2005, 06:45 AM
Canterbury 15/30 (9 handed)
READS:
BB here is a total fish. Limps K2s UTG. Will call from the blinds with anything. Can get somewhat tricky postflop, but typically honest.

UTG is a loose retard. Can get weird aggressive postflop.

UTG+1 is a total fish and likes to open raise any 2 from any position. Will make weird blufs, but calms down on the expensive streets.

UTG+2 Is a typical donk. Playss too many hands, but doesn't do anything seriously retarded.. I know he is a floor guy at Potowanami in Milwaukee, but comes to Canterbury around once a month.

First 3 donkies limp, I raise A /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif, folds to BB who calls, rest call.

Flop 5 ways (10SB): A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
checks to me and I bet, BB cals, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn 4 ways (7SB): J /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 now donks, I raised, as there are sooooo many hands that the monkies will call with, and if I am behind i have a slew of outs. Both monkies folded and UTG+2 just called.

River heads up: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG+2 checks, do i bet?

bicyclekick
12-07-2005, 06:45 AM
duh.

(but based on the way you say it it sounds like the guy had QT but still you gotta bet man)

PokerBob
12-07-2005, 08:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
duh.

(but based on the way you say it it sounds like the guy had QT but still you gotta bet man)

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, and bet it i did. but after my turn raise, does a worse hand call often enough? I have no idea.

12-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Call and hope the board pairs. The chances of getting c/red on this street are pretty big, so there's no point in paying 3 bets. Although it is possible that the donker has two pair you still beat, or the Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif, there's a higher likelihood that he has a straight or flush.

The only value to raising is to fold smaller /images/graemlins/spade.gifs, which is valuable IF the donker holds only two pair. This is a fairly slender parlay, so I call the turn and hope the board pairs. I call any river bet once, but fold if it is two bets to me.

12-07-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
-The loosish players behind you are never folding a lone spade and often will not fold other hands you have crushed, effectively pading the pot for you the times you are drawing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true, I definitely call.

12-07-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
River heads up: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG+2 checks, do i bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every time.