PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 K9s river vs Jason

shant
12-07-2005, 05:29 AM
BB is 15.6/7.1/1.62 after 1800 hands. Button is your boy jason_t.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: I'm MP1 with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">I raise</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Jason 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, I call.

Flop: (9.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, I check, <font color="#CC3333">Jason bets</font>, BB calls, I call.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, I check, <font color="#CC3333">Jason bets</font>, BB folds, I call.

River: (8.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">I bet</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Jason raises</font>, I?

Klepton
12-07-2005, 05:37 AM
2+2er playing a new limit + 2+2er who knows he's playing against a 2+2er + top pair = showdown.

newhizzle
12-07-2005, 05:42 AM
fold preflop?

i might c/r the flop too, i like pushing tiny edges, especially if it might confuse my opponents

it really looks like your beat, but id probly call, especially since he knows its you

toss
12-07-2005, 05:48 AM
I'm not certain on how Jason_T plays, but I really don't see him raising a worse hand on the river.

PokerBob
12-07-2005, 06:02 AM
c/r the frop. Bet the turn.

River...i dunno..is Jason sexy enough to do this with QQ?

jason_t
12-07-2005, 06:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand could I have and would fold to this?

[ QUOTE ]
River...i dunno..is Jason sexy enough to do this with QQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob, you are one of the few people on this board that knows the answer to the question "just how sexy is jason_t?" /images/graemlins/blush.gif

goofball
12-07-2005, 06:38 AM
Jason-

I belive it he took the c/r flop bet turn line he could fold lots of reasonably players better A high/Khigh hands by the turn or river. I don't actually know though since I know nothing about your play specifically.

Only because you know him and he knows you do I think you should call the river. Against an unknown or most players there's no way your hand is good.

PokerBob
12-07-2005, 06:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand could I have and would fold to this?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO i f you have AK-AJ, KQs you are in a very tough spot if the turn bricks off. Are any of your outs clean? Are you reverse dominated? Did penis flop a set? ARe you drawing live at all?

PokerBob
12-07-2005, 06:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Only because you know him and he knows you do I think you should call the river. Against an unknown or most players there's no way your hand is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is because of their familiarity with each other that I LOVE the line Jason took, but Shant told me what he had.

goofball
12-07-2005, 06:56 AM
hard to love his line when I don't know what he had /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Also I don't know the history between these two.

PokerBob
12-07-2005, 07:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hard to love his line when I don't know what he had /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Also I don't know the history between these two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jason_t has a reputation as a nit, and I think likely an honest post-flop player. but i could be wrong. he also is rumored to give great head.

Shillx
12-07-2005, 07:08 AM
Raising with air here is probably not be correct if the villian is betting with air, but it certainly is if he isn't bluffing. So against a random who will bet a busted flush draw, you should not raise unless you have the goods. It is probably a smart play to raise something like AQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif here as it should never be good if you just call. You are in a tough spot if he raises with AA/KK/AK/TT and 2 busted draws (AQ/AJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif). You are getting ~11:1 to call, but he is roughly 9:1 to have you beat here. Tough spot to be in. Can't really blame either action IMO.

jason_t
12-07-2005, 07:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jason_t has a reputation as a nit, and I think likely an honest post-flop player. but i could be wrong. he also is rumored to give great head.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of these statements is false and the other, true.

PokerBob
12-07-2005, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One of these statements is false and the other, true.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, i count 3 statements. is the head one a given?

private joker
12-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Shant -- check the river. I don't think Jason will check behind all that often; he'll make a value bet with whatever he's got. If he checks behind weakly, then it's with a hand he wouldn't call a river bet with (because he has AQ or something). After he bets, you can decide to c/r and fold to a 3-bet (bad line) or call (good line).

blumpkin22
12-07-2005, 12:03 PM
I love how people change the hands to make more interesting.

By the way, Shant, it's been a while since we've gone out drinking. That is a damn shame.

12-07-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a strong player, I dont like this.

KDawgCometh
12-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Shant, did you know that it was jason that you were up against when this hand happened? cause if you did, then I call this river since any one of us recognize the wa/wb line that you took, and though jason is a tight player, this would be a good spot for him to bluff you with a hand like JJ or QQ

shant
12-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Yes I knew it was Jason I bet intending to call (maybe c/c is better) Jason didn't raise, he called. After the hand he said he thought about raising me with his 99, but didn't. I told him I intended to call, and he asked me to post it with that river action.

jason_t
12-07-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes I knew it was Jason I bet intending to call (maybe c/c is better) Jason didn't raise, he called. After the hand he said he thought about raising me with his 99, but didn't. I told him I intended to call, and he asked me to post it with that river action.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I didn't raise precisely because I thought, as the advice has shown here, that he should call. I thought it was an interesting spot though.

blumpkin22
12-07-2005, 08:51 PM
And this hand marked the 1000th time at Party 10/20 where I saw Jason get sucked out on after having his opponent dominated preflop. I watched him play 100 hands.

DeathDonkey
12-07-2005, 09:20 PM
What do you think about just folding the river?

-DeathDonkey

jason_t
12-07-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about it. But shant knows that I have been running badly the past few days and it's possible he'd take a shot here at me with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, etc.

DeathDonkey
12-07-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about it. But shant knows that I have been running badly the past few days and it's possible he'd take a shot here at me with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is an evil evil person.

-DeathDonkey

jason_t
12-07-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is an evil evil person.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I told him after the hand that he had better sometimes be betting the river with a hand like that or I will never pay him off there.