PDA

View Full Version : Coolidge vs. PokerBob

PokerBob
12-07-2005, 05:26 AM
Canterbury 4/8 9 handed
UTG limps. He is loose. Likely around 40/6. An unknown limps. Folds to PokerBob on the button and he raises. Coolidge 3bets from the SB with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif, BB folds, UTG calls 2 colds, limper calls 2 cold, PokerBob calls.

Flop 4 ways (13SB): 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Coolidge bets, UTG calls, limper folds, PokerBob calls.

Turn (3 players)(8BB): Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Coolidge bets, UTG calls, PokerBob calls.

River (3 players) (11BB): J /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Coolidge does what?

toss
12-07-2005, 05:32 AM
Tell us what the turn card is first. A spade? Bet and call if UTG folds and PBob raises, otherwise fold. Fold if UTG raises probably.

PokerBob
12-07-2005, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tell us what the turn card is first. A spade? Bet and call if UTG folds and PBob raises, otherwise fold. Fold if UTG raises probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoops.

Shillx
12-07-2005, 05:42 AM
Well DERG isn't really a concern here. /images/graemlins/smile.gif You will make some noise somewhere postflop with A-big /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Your most likely hand is a smaller underpair or Ax that has good odds at drawing at a 2 + overcards. I would bet if I were him since the other dude is loose and has a big calling range here. I fully expect you to fold this river unless you have AJ and decide to look him up.

toss
12-07-2005, 05:44 AM
Bet/call. Pbob is raising a Q on the turn so he don't have QJ. A raise on the river most likely means flush.

PokerBob
12-07-2005, 05:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet/call. Pbob is raising a Q on the turn so he don't have QJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I? Coolidge 3-bet from the SB. If I have a Queen do I want him to fold?

toss
12-07-2005, 05:59 AM
What about UTG in the middle? Why not get some bets from him? Maybe you waited till the river for max value from both Coolidge and UTG? If you hit on the turn and waited for the river your hand could AQ, KQ, and QJ with QT ebing less likely. If this is the case Coolidge would want to 3-bet since I can only see you folding KQ and QT to a 3-bet and calling with the two others. What sucks is that he really can't fold to a 4-bet.

shant
12-07-2005, 06:26 AM
I think bet/call PBob and bet/fold the guy in the middle. This is a tough spot.

bicyclekick
12-07-2005, 06:39 AM
bet and call either players raises.

PokerBob
12-07-2005, 05:41 PM
Canterbury 4/8 9 handed
UTG limps. He is loose. Likely around 40/6. An unknown limps. Folds to PokerBob on the button and he raises. Coolidge 3bets from the SB with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif, BB folds, UTG calls 2 colds, limper calls 2 cold, PokerBob calls.

Flop 4 ways (13SB): 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Coolidge bet, UTG folded, PokerBob raises, Coolidge thinks and thinks and thinks and calls. PokerBob shows K /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Thoughts on both of our lines?

sean c
12-07-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Canterbury 4/8 9 handed

Coolidge bet, UTG folded, PokerBob raises, Coolidge thinks and thinks and thinks and calls. PokerBob shows K /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Thoughts on both of our lines?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Bob i really don't like the turn call. I think your missing some bets by calling here and after thinking about it some the benefits of the call don't outweigh the benefits of a raise.

oxymoron
12-07-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Canterbury 4/8 9 handed

[/ QUOTE ]

Why didn't PB raise the turn (maybe even the flop although that might make it obvious you have the flush draw but you also would do that with - AA, KK, QQ)? Other than that I like how it was played. If I was coolridge I'm still betting the river and making a crying call.

I am going to raise the flop, call his reraise, raise his turn and bet the river when he checks into me with the flush card. I might check behind on a non-flush river but that's pretty weak.

silkyslim
12-07-2005, 06:02 PM
I like a turn raise from PokerBob. Maybe it would be different if you were HU but with that guy in the middle calling raising seems sweet.

W. Deranged
12-07-2005, 06:53 PM
I agree with BK. I don't like folding here at any point really...

We can all agree that folding to PokerBob's raise makes little sense, as he's so unlikely to have a flush or any kind of bigger hand.

The other guy... meh... the pot is big and I think sometimes he might raise with a big Q, QJ, some weirdly played AA or small set or whatever often enough to call here.