PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Country...

whiskeytown
12-07-2005, 04:29 AM
this is awesome - I had a classic country station on Digital Cable but that was more 60's-80's

Photoc told me about Launchcast - basically 135 streaming stations that are ad-free and customizable -

they got one called Vintage Country...I don't mean Johnny Cash or Willie Nelson, I mean Hank Williams, Ernest Tubbs, and the Louvin Brothers...we're talking 30's - 50's really - and it's just the $2.99/mo subscription for it.

I can see myself spending a lot more time in front of the computer this month, and it ain't just the picture on my desktop that's doing it - LOL.

I love this stuff - it's older then even the stuff I grew up with - I love the classics of almost any genre, but this stuff especially -

RB

Photoc
12-07-2005, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
we're talking 30's - 50's

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's the stuff I grew up with

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Btw, I prefer the 90's rock station, which is free btw /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

craig r
12-07-2005, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this is awesome - I had a classic country station on Digital Cable but that was more 60's-80's

Photoc told me about Launchcast - basically 135 streaming stations that are ad-free and customizable -

they got one called Vintage Country...I don't mean Johnny Cash or Willie Nelson, I mean Hank Williams, Ernest Tubbs, and the Louvin Brothers...we're talking 30's - 50's really - and it's just the $2.99/mo subscription for it.

I can see myself spending a lot more time in front of the computer this month, and it ain't just the picture on my desktop that's doing it - LOL.

I love this stuff - it's older then even the stuff I grew up with - I love the classics of almost any genre, but this stuff especially -

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

What about Woody Guthrie? I never know why he doesn't get mentioned a lot. Especially since we learn one of his songs by Kindergarten in the U.S. And he was highly influential (even kind of sounds the same) on Bob Dylan.

craig

whiskeytown
12-07-2005, 04:43 AM
I like Woody - but I think he'd be stuck under folk - he wasn't part of that Country Music scene, really - not the Grand Ol' Opry scene - he was a NJ/Okie folksinger who had a niche.

I thought the Billy Bragg/Wilco collabrations with his old lyrics were incredible, BTW..

RB