View Full Version : Raise or Fold?

12-07-2005, 12:27 AM
PLO $50
Seat 1: 43.6
Seat 2: 90
Seat 3: Villian: 166.6
Seat 4: 52.25
Seat 5: 54.45
Seat 6: Hero: 51.75 [Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif9/images/graemlins/spade.gif3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
Seat 7: 49
Seat 8: 21.55
SB is Seat 8, BB is Seat 1
Seat 2 calls, Villian calls, Seat 4 folds, Seat 5 folds, Hero calls , Button folds, Sb completes, BB raises to 3, Seat 2 calls, Villian calls, Hero calls, sb calls
5 people to the flop, $15 in pot
Flop:
[8/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif]
Sb check, BB, checks, Seat 2 checks, Villian bets 4, Hero calls?? (I wasnt really thinking of folding here, but it took me a long time to debate between raising or just calling here. Because I wasnt closing the action i just decided to call in fear that my raise would have people follow me in with a middle wrap and someone else with a FD)
SB folds, BB calls, Seat 2 folds
3 to the turn 27 in pot
Turn: [10/images/graemlins/heart.gif]
BB checks, Villian bets 27, Hero ? (I have 44.75 behind right now.

Maulik
12-07-2005, 12:42 AM
I woulld have potted the flop and gotten the rest of my stack in on a non /images/graemlins/club.gif turn.

as played pot turn?

joewatch
12-07-2005, 12:49 AM
Horrible call on the flop as you let the nut flush draw and JT9x draw out for cheap. Without the nutflush draw, fold the turn and promise yourself to play better next time.

12-07-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Because I wasnt closing the action i just decided to call in fear that my raise would have people follow me in with a middle wrap and someone else with a FD)

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not fear variance. By calling, you are making it more likely that draws will enter the pot. Raising should price out all but the truly premium draws. If anyone calls without such a premium draw, they have made a mistake. Forcing mistakes is the key to profitable poker.

12-07-2005, 05:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Because I wasnt closing the action i just decided to call in fear that my raise would have people follow me in with a middle wrap and someone else with a FD)

[/ QUOTE ]
???? You WANT them to follow you and you'd like to get all-in now iff possible. At a minimum you can raise to $27 leaving you with about $17. At least $69 will be in the opt (if you get only 1 caller) and you'll still have odds to call on the turn if a flush/str8 card comes. If more than one person calls your odds will be much better.

It may be possible to come up with a scenario that's -EV but I imagine it's pretty darn crazy. Most of the time it's BIG +EV.

BluffTHIS!
12-07-2005, 09:28 AM
Joe and Silent are right on this for the primary reason of hero's stack size. You aren't going to get rid of a premium draw but you need to charge him, and you do want to get rid of weak draws and get headsup if possible. And like Silent said, regardless of how many call that raise and a bad card comes on the turn, you will have more than adequate odds to call to fill.

BluffTHIS!
12-07-2005, 09:29 AM
Silent acorns in the night
Haning on the tree in the clear moonlight
'Til the squirrel on the branch spys what he seeks
And runs merrily down the tree with those acorns in his cheeks.

Tilt
12-07-2005, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These odes to Silent Acorns are kinda creepy.

liquid
12-07-2005, 11:17 AM
This forum is developing an interesting complexion, thanks to Bluff's acorn poems and TheRempel's swollen and infected genitals.

12-07-2005, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he is trying to put him on the tilt!

BluffTHIS!
12-07-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just making fun of his name as he has surmised. It kinda has a hint of Zen though.

[ QUOTE ]
I think he is trying to put him on the tilt!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I don't think he plays at the levels I do, but maybe I will get him good and tilted for the rest of you though.

Tilt
12-07-2005, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Well I don't think he plays at the levels I do, but maybe I will get him good and tilted for the rest of you though.

[/ QUOTE ]

What levels are you playing?

I want to play higher, but my wife won't let me. I kind of drift between 50 and 200 PLO now. I would play the 2K but then my wife is gonna turn me in to GA.

BluffTHIS!
12-07-2005, 12:02 PM
1K/2K and sometimes the 600 tables. If I can't find good tables at those levels I play no limit, which is the majority of my playing time now anyway.

Maulik
12-07-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What levels are you playing?

I want to play higher, but my wife won't let me. I kind of drift between 50 and 200 PLO now. I would play the 2K but then my wife is gonna turn me in to GA.

[/ QUOTE ]

do it!!!!

BluffTHIS!
12-07-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do it!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

TheRempel
12-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Is this kind of meaningless quoting how you get your post count up?

BluffTHIS!
12-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Pooh-Bahs don't need to get their post count up cuz the only higher level is carpal tunnel and I've already got that from posting here.

beset7
12-08-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
do it!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SA125
12-08-2005, 03:21 PM
I would have folded pre-flop but would try to get the rest of my money in on this flop.

What's the sense in playing QQ93 if you're not going to bet big with top set against the draws?

Spellmen
12-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Given the way you played the hand a fold on the turn is in order.

SA125
12-08-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Given the way you played the hand a fold on the turn is in order.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking about just calling the flop when I said get the money in. Should have specified that.