PDA

View Full Version : question for you guys

car ramrod
12-07-2005, 12:24 AM
I want to spend some of my poker stars FPP's. I have all the books except, Internet Poker by Lou Krieger, and Internet Texas Holdem by Matthew Hilger. Which one should I get.

Also, I don't have Psycology of Poker by Schoonmaker, but I just bought Zen and the Art of Poker, so maybe I don't need another Psycology book.

I'm open for suggestions.

scotty34
12-07-2005, 12:27 AM
I haven't read the book by Hilger, but I've heard several people say it's pretty decent. I have never heard of the book by Krieger, so my recommendation goes with the Hilger book.

roueful
12-07-2005, 01:09 AM
Um, hello, save up for the custom jersey??

I prefer the hilger book, but it's hardly essential.

12-07-2005, 01:23 AM
I enjoyed Matros' book, The Making of a Poker Player. Has some interesting points on Game Theory and bots, plus it's an entertaining read.

12-07-2005, 02:32 AM
Get SSH or Getting Starting in Hold 'em and give it as a gift.

Does anyone know if the WLLH in the Stars store is the latest edition?

PokerSparky
12-07-2005, 04:40 AM
I read ITH last year. I recommend it for beginners, but I don't think it will have a lot to offer you. (Based on the quality of your posts in the past.)

Congrats on 1000 posts!

Spook
12-07-2005, 05:28 AM
I really liked Schoonmakers book - it helped me understand why fish are fish.
It is a good read even if you then can see that everyone here misuses TAG and LAG. They mean something pretty different then what is now used here.

Peter Harris
12-07-2005, 06:01 AM
Schoonmaker is a must - it is insightful, helpful, descriptive and will help your game 1000x more than all the other shortlisted books in the P* store.

Dr Al is also a great guy - he helped me formulate research for my dissertation and invited me to his vegas discussion group.

car ramrod
12-07-2005, 08:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats on 1000 posts!

[/ QUOTE ]

damn I didn't even notice that. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

thanks for the suggestions fellas.