PDA

View Full Version : Mayorga vs.Forrest

Broyle Dunson
07-12-2003, 01:26 PM
Does anyone share the opinion that once a fighter really dust's someone off ,and knocks them out cold ,they have their number.If so, this would make Mayorga a bet as pretty decent dog tonite in his rematch with Vernon Forrest.

Mason Malmuth
07-12-2003, 01:57 PM
There are a few exceptions, but rematches tend to go like the first fight. I agree that Mayorga is a good bet.

Mason

AceHigh
07-12-2003, 05:29 PM
I'm not sure this is true, Duran vs. Leonard and Ali vs. Frazier spring to my mind.

That said, if a fight is really lopsided like Tyson vs. Lewis or Tyson vs. Holyfield, the 2nd fight probably isn't going to change anything.

Roy Munson
07-12-2003, 06:25 PM
Don't forget Rahman/Lewis or Balboa/Lang. The initially vanquished had the final say in these tilts.

Broyle Dunson
07-13-2003, 10:54 AM
Did you even read my post?I said blow outs,dust offs ,cold knock out....the fights you mentioned both went the distance in hotly contested events the first time they fought.Not even close examples of what I was talking about..By the way Mayorga won as EASILY as 2 to 1 underdog.

Roy Munson
07-13-2003, 12:17 PM
Broyle,

I thought Rahman knocked Lewis out in their first fight.
Clubber Lang also destroyed Rocky Balboa in their first encounter if my memory serves me correctly.

**MR.MANHATTAN**
07-21-2003, 02:29 AM
i had mayorga for the reason doyle mentioned...early k.o. ,kid had forrests#.i wish every bet i made was so ez......next u watch SUGAR shane mosley dust off de la hya and i like dela hoya.........but i think sugar is to sweet....?