PDA

View Full Version : bottom set vs huck seed

rbenuck4
12-06-2005, 11:29 PM
I posted this in high stakes, but they told me since we didn't have huge deep stacks that it belonged here, so here it is again. I'm asking mainly about what hands you would put him on, and if my river play is as bad as I think it is.

I'm playing 5 10 nl at the wynn yesterday, when Huck Seed sat down 4 to my right. While usually this means that this guy is going to be in 30-40% of pots, for some reason today he's not entering any pots. His VPIP is around 10-15%, and his PFR is 0. That's right....he hasn't raised a single pot preflop, and in fact has not raised a single pot post flop either. My imgae is fairly tight, however I did flip over the nut low on the river after I bluffed into 4 people earlier. Anyway, the following hand comes up.

I'm UTG + 1 with 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif , with 1400 behind, SB has 1600, and huck (on the button) has 800 to start.

UTG folds, I limp, 3 other limpers including huck on the button, SB completes and 6 see the flop.

Flop comes 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

SB bets out 30, I raise to 90, folded to huck who flat calls, and SB folds.

turn comes the 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I bet 200, huck goes into the tank, and starts talking to me. Last time someone started talking to me, I was real animated (and I eventually turned over the nuts). This time I just sat there stoic refusing to talk back. He finally flat calls.

River comes the 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

I push.

Comments?

xorbie
12-06-2005, 11:33 PM
Unless you've been really active and bluffing a lot postflop, I can't imagine he calls here with less than 8T.

rbenuck4
12-06-2005, 11:49 PM
the way he'd been playing up til now, i don't think he's limping in with 108, and I also don't think he's calling the flop bet and raise with TP weak kicker.

TheWorstPlayer
12-06-2005, 11:56 PM
We all know what happened. But I'll pretend not to know results. He has 500 left, pot is 600. I think a push is okay, but it is showing a lot of strength to bomb the flop, turn, and river. He doesn't look like he's going to bluff, though, so I think your best bet is to bet small and hope to get a crying call from what appears to be a marginal made hand. Probably bet 200 or so. Obviously call a push.

rbenuck4
12-06-2005, 11:59 PM
I like this line worstplayer. By betting small, he might pay me off with 99 or JJ. And obviously I'm calling a push, though knowing that its probably a losing call.

xorbie
12-07-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

the way he'd been playing up til now, i don't think he's limping in with 108, and I also don't think he's calling the flop bet and raise with TP weak kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, just saying he'll probably need a strong two pair hand or better to call a push here. i would bet $300 max here.

12-07-2005, 03:10 AM
I played Huck only a few times... last time I did he was on semi-tilt after getting crushed at the 10/20 in Bellagio... However, my impression of Huck however would indicate that he would not call 500 with anything less than KK or two pairs (KK and AA really are VERY unlikely to be his hand). I'd have gone on the 200-300 dollar block (looking) bet and hope he makes a crying call.