PDA

View Full Version : KJo makes Second pair on ugly flop

Redd
12-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Bet365 0.50/1 game. Generally loose and passive.

Hero raises KJo from EP, 2 unsurprising CCer immediately behind me, blind blind calls.
Flop comes a healthy KAQ rainbow. Check, Hero bets and all three of them call.
Turn comes 8 of rainbow. Check, Hero...

What's my plan for the hand?

edit: Changed hand because I messed up one CCer.

12-06-2005, 11:42 PM
I think our hand is good and we have to bet. We may have some people hanging around with a T, J, or a weaker K. We will probably see weak ace her sometimes. We will have to reevaluate on the river, as 1-2 may drop on the big street. A safe river card calls for another value bet I think.

TomBrooks
12-07-2005, 07:27 AM
It looks bad when you get so many callers on that board, but I'd bet since you have 9 outs to improve.

ArturiusX
12-07-2005, 08:02 AM
Bet again.

SnglMaltScotch
12-07-2005, 10:05 AM
If we bet, what do we do if we get raised.

I think that we still have to call as we are getting at least 5 good outs and maybe as many as 9.

Thoughts.

TomBrooks
12-07-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If we bet, what do we do if we get raised.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would usually assume it is not a semibluff. There is no OESD there. I don't think you'll see a semibluff from someone with a gutshot on this board.

I'd count my outs as 6 at best. The gutshot outs could be to a split pot. We could lose to a better two pair. 6 outs might even be a touch optimistic.

Then I'd continue if I had the odds to do so.

Note that when I bet the turn, I did so assuming we might have the best hand and if not it could be considered a semibluff with 9 outs. Now I assume we don't have the best hand and I make a more refined estimate of the outs. Does that make sense?

mackthefork
12-07-2005, 12:45 PM
I'd count maybe, 2 kings, 3 tens, and between 1/2 and 1 for the jacks, assuming someone has an ace which I feel is likely to be the case ~70% of the time. I still think I bet this and call a turn raise with 6bbs in the pot already, these other guys tagging along with draws or weak Ks Qs etc will make it worthwhile.

Mack

12-07-2005, 01:02 PM
EP i would probably not play KJo, excpet if table is aloowing it to play, then i would raise it like you. The two cold-callers, don`t do you any good. One of them prob. holds Ax.

The flop bet is ok i think. The turn is quite diffictult to say. I would probably check-call the turn. when you don`t improve i would fold the river.