PDA

View Full Version : AK vs. steal and resteal

jkamowitz
12-06-2005, 10:53 PM
CO is 16/13/.7 after only 30 hands
Button is 16/14/.5 and is steaming after being outkicked recently.
BB is a dope and calling station

Party Poker 10.00/20.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (16.00 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (14.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB.

Anyone like this checkraise on the flop? Sorta felt that BB had tiny pair 22 even and laid it down. After no one raises BB on the flop, figured my hand must be best.

toss
12-06-2005, 11:24 PM
I don't understand your flop checkraise one bit. Are you trapping 'em for value? knock out a better hand? Callingstations don't fold pairs and I don't think the guys in between will fold for one more bet. They'll often going to have overcards themselves or a smaller pocket pair.

I'd either bet or checkcall the flop.

gonores
12-07-2005, 12:01 AM
BB isn't folding 22 there with a gun and a court order. Your checkraise line is awful here. It accomplishes next to nothing. You will rarely make a pocket pair fold anywhere on this board and you risk giving up a tragic free card to the field which may have as many as 12 collective outs against you...perhaps more.

Plus it looks like the two guys to your right are decent players. Any time someone caps and checks an innocuous flop, it's an immediate read for AK, even with the flop checkraise. Bet your damn hand and hope for the best.

12-07-2005, 01:32 AM
It's amazing that you actually got a check-raise to work here on the flop. Most of the time it will be checked around, as this flop figures to belp noone. You must bet in order to thin out the overcards to this flop that you are likely against (and ahead of). Any decent player will take a free card here if he does not hold a pair; this is not what you want. Bet and make your opponents make a decision. Bad players do not lay hands down. A check raise here does not figure to thin the field at all. Thinning the field should be your goal at this point, the only play that has a reasonable chance of accomplishing this is a simple bet.