PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 river decision, set

Percussion
12-06-2005, 08:12 PM
ok gentleman, heres a nice hand for me, I limp in EP (standard), I'm pretty sure the flop bet is standard, and I am also quite sure that the turn threebet is standard, beacuse Villian is a donk, but I don't think he was playing a 5-7.
Do I call down river? (I have seen villian limp with AA and KK)
Or do I raise it up hoping he has a hand like KTs or a lower set?

Oh, and who dosen't like my line?

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (3 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (9 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero ?!

paperboyNC
12-06-2005, 08:36 PM
your limp isnt standard. 3bet the river.

poker1O1
12-06-2005, 09:23 PM
probably wanna raise pf unless vpip of table is 25+, as for the river, i would 3 bet, and if this was 100/200 fold to a cap

W. Deranged
12-06-2005, 09:40 PM
OMG easy three-bet. Take this to the house.

Nick C
12-06-2005, 09:42 PM
In addition to 75, 97 is another straight on the turn, and that's something to be aware of, in any case. A number of players (especially loose ones) will play both 97s and 75s in MP3, and that's 8 combos (and 97 is 16 combos if it doesn't need to be suited).

Anyway, though, I like the turn 3-bet, and I'm feeling good about my hand when MP3 just calls that 3-bet. I don't know what he has (a top-pair hand he slowplayed on the flop? some suited two-pair hand? a hand like 87 that now has a pair and a double-gutshot? AA or some other overpair?), but I'm liking my chances.

The river raise is unexpected, especially on that card. Does Villain have KT (9 combos)? KK (3 combos)? Did he decide to "slowplay" a straight after your turn 3-bet? Does he have K6/K4/K8? Does he optimistically think his 77 is good? Beats me.

I'd probably 3-bet and call a cap, but I wouldn't be surprised if I found out I was beat.

setzf
12-06-2005, 09:50 PM
I agree that the limp isn't standard, only because in my opinion there isn't necessarily a standard play for 88 utg. Raising v. calling would be dependent on the table and your image.
I think you definitely have a 3 bet here against most bad online players. If he is limping with big pairs that tells me he doesn't understand hand values well and is only thinking about what he has and not what you have. A "donk", as you describe him will virtually never fold two pair or a set here and a donk who only think about his own cards will raise a lot of 2 pair hands here. Without a solid read I'm not folding to a cap in a low limit game i feel.

12-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Since villian is donkish, I like 3 betting the river. Seems to me he just rivered two pair and thinks you have AT. Or he was raising the turn with overcards to bluff you out, and then hit his king.

Besides that, the only reasonable hand you are behind is TT (3 combos) which he could have limped (unlikely in LP) or the 57 BS. I cant even see him with TT, he would have capped the turn with that.

Therefore, pop him again. If he caps, chuckle, call, and know that you are a heavy, if not HUGE favourite to take this down and be shown two pair or KQ.

toss
12-06-2005, 10:57 PM
If the table is tight (which is often the case at Stars 5/10) I raise with 88. If the table is loose limping is probably better.

Villain probably hit something good on the turn. I can't think on a hand where he raises the turn and raises the river because the K helped him. Maybe two pair I guess. It looks more likely that villain has a lower set or two pair more often than a straight or a higher set. I 3-bet the river and punch a hole through my laptop if I get capped.

SNOWBALL138
12-06-2005, 11:14 PM
On the river, it looks like villain has KT. I 3 bet and call a reraise.

winky51
12-07-2005, 12:10 AM
I'd say he has KT here. If he really had a str8 he would CAP the turn because it would be the nuts at that point. If he is a fish there is no reason for him not to reraise.

44, 66, KT are the hands I am looking at. 3 bet the river.