PDA

View Full Version : QTs flops flush.

David04
12-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Assuming this is standard.

Flop: (8 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

As soon as I bet I kicked myself for not C/R'ing and getting soem more bets out of CO and Button. Didn't turn out too badly, but I'm assuming a C/R would be best here. BB caps, and I'm thinking he has something like AA or AK(probably holding K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, doesn't seem too scared of the diamonds.)

Turn: (10 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Still going crazy, at this point I'm really thinking BB has AA, so I'm hoping the board doesn't pair.

River: (18 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Not really the best card for me. I obviously can't fold this huge pot, but I can't raise here.

Final Pot: 22 BB

Any comments are appreciated.

12-06-2005, 07:35 PM
Pre-Flop: Yupp

Flop: I always bet into the bettor when I have something that is likely to be better than his holdings since he more than 80% of the time fires back at me. I find it alot better to fire into him than to check-raise him.

Turn: Nothing to say

River: Worst card to come. Ah well. Nice line here. I think it's a thin line between check/call and bet/call here. I ain't folding, thats for sure.

12-06-2005, 08:10 PM
What could he have raised with preflop? King of diamonds and what? by the river we learn the J is out, you had the T, and the 9 and 7 are in the flop with the A. Did he come in with A Kd and then show that much aggression all the way through? I feel you're pretty safe, I put him on KKd or AA.

I'd normally say slow down, but the likelihood of him having KXs with that raise preflop seems really weak.

12-06-2005, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
River: Worst card to come. Ah well. Nice line here. I think it's a thin line between check/call and bet/call here. I ain't folding, thats for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take back this. I check/call here.

AlmightyJay
12-06-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Assuming this is standard.

Flop: (8 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

As soon as I bet I kicked myself for not C/R'ing and getting soem more bets out of CO and Button. Didn't turn out too badly, but I'm assuming a C/R would be best here. BB caps, and I'm thinking he has something like AA or AK(probably holding K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, doesn't seem too scared of the diamonds.)

Turn: (10 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Still going crazy, at this point I'm really thinking BB has AA, so I'm hoping the board doesn't pair.

River: (18 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Not really the best card for me. I obviously can't fold this huge pot, but I can't raise here.

Final Pot: 22 BB

Any comments are appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

c/r the flop, but otherwise this looks good. You might be able to 3-bet the river, because BB REALLY looks like he has AA here, but an overplayed AK is certainly possible.

DCWildcat
12-06-2005, 09:01 PM
I don't think missing a flop c/r is bad- there are lots of hands that BB raises(KK-TT, KQ, etc.), that he might be too scared to bet with that board now, and getting it checked through misses mucho value.

I think I check/call the river, that's a brutal card.

Shillx
12-06-2005, 09:05 PM
You can bet-call or bet-3bet the river. The J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif is a fun card because it means that he didn't flop the nuts (or anything close to the nuts). Since he was willing to go 4 bets on the flop/turn without the nuts, who can say that he won't go 4 on the river without them?

It is a tough call to make here. I dunno what I'd do. Check/calling is not an option though.

Brad

Shillx
12-06-2005, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I take back this. I check/call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh funny how poker works isn't it. Check/calling here isn't half as good as bet/calling. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Bet/calling would be bad if the river bricked, but the 4th /images/graemlins/diamond.gif pretty much eliminates check/calling here.

crovax4444
12-06-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think I check/call the river, that's a brutal card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not exactly why that's a brutal card. You have 2nd nut, and considering the range BB could have (lets assume AA-JJ, AK-AJ) that there is only one hand that he can beat you with. Raising this river is correct. Anything less is just being passive.

Crovax

Eeegah
12-06-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Heh funny how poker works isn't it. Check/calling here isn't half as good as bet/calling. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How does this differ from your post here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=4122208&amp;page=0&amp;vc=1) ? In both threads it's at least plausible that we're raising the second best hand, and the villian's betting pattern is identical.

Edit: I assume the fourth diamond has something to do with it, but I don't see what.

milesdyson
12-06-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Edit: I assume the fourth diamond has something to do with it, but I don't see what.

[/ QUOTE ]
this guy won't bet a lot of hands he will call with.

he will only bet AK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif when we check basically. betting gets value from all his other hands.

shant
12-06-2005, 09:48 PM
This flop is a perfect spot for a checkraise.

I agree with Brad that you can't check/call this river.

bozlax
12-06-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember a guy named Clarkmeister?

12-07-2005, 03:23 AM
If he only bets AK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif you are basically saying we should bet/fold here since if he raise us, we are beat?

milesdyson
12-07-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he only bets AK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif you are basically saying we should bet/fold here since if he raise us, we are beat?

[/ QUOTE ]
nah, the value we get off of him calling all the times we have him beaten more than make up the time we lose this pot. plus there's still the chance he puts in a raise with AA here anyway.

so no, i would not be folding to the raise.

pokergrader
12-07-2005, 07:01 AM
I think the river here is between bet/call and bet/raise, because while this Jd certainly isn't a great card, hero is still ahead of AA, 99 and auto-raise tilt maniac hands.

While he does seem to be in auto-raise mode with AA, he is raising on the 4-flush board. I think he is going to call without a diamond and raise with the K, so I think the bet/call line is the best.

GH.

12-07-2005, 07:03 AM
Note on Villian: overplays hands.

EDIT to add: Whatever the result of this hand, just be glad that you made money from him at some point in the hand.

I bet bet/3bet the J and K. Any other diamond and I bet/call.

12-07-2005, 08:37 AM
Grunch:

Best guesses are AA, AoKd, possibly Kxd or AKo. I don't really put much into the last 2 as a suited K might not cause the pf raise, and AKo doesn't seem logical post flop.

I can't see another line of play here. Hope it held up /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

David04
12-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Well, it didn't. Villain showed K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and MHING.

Villain---&gt;Buddy list

I still think I played this correctly, but 3-betting the river would have probably been beter than bet/calling.

Eeegah
12-07-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain---&gt;Buddy list

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, his only mistake to me was the silly preflop raise. If I buddy listed everyone who played one street wrong it'd be a very long list /images/graemlins/wink.gif

imported_The Vibesman
12-07-2005, 12:27 PM
This is tough without any reads on BB. Maybe he's a really loose raiser preflop?
Regardless I'm checkraising the flop.

I'm starting to think you're behind when he raises the turn, but just calling there does feel weak. When he caps, I kind of think you're beat. Still, what could he hold?

Bet/call on the river seems to be the best line.

12-07-2005, 01:28 PM
grunch...

river seems like a bet-3bet to me, he cant play any hand with a Kd in it like this.

other than that nh

David04
12-07-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain---&gt;Buddy list

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, his only mistake to me was the silly preflop raise. If I buddy listed everyone who played one street wrong it'd be a very long list /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe not only for this hand, but overall, Villain was a very bad player.