PDA

View Full Version : I can donk bet too

SGS
12-06-2005, 07:06 PM
I have 10sJs in the BB of a 15/30 game at party. The hijack, who is unknown to me, opens for a raise. SB calls, as do I.

FLOP Q,10,3

Check, Check, bet, call, call.

TURN 2c two clubs now

Check, I bet, PF raiser raises, SB calls two cold, what's my plan from here on out? Thanks in advance.

SGS

Solami17
12-06-2005, 07:09 PM
call.
check/fold a river club or overcard.
check/call a blank

gh9801
12-06-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
call.
check/fold a river club or overcard.
check/call a blank

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this plan

poker1O1
12-06-2005, 09:09 PM
I can't fathom a call here, I just don't see what you're ahead of against two opponents. you could be drawing to as little as 2 outs. someone wanna explain why to call here?

SGS
12-06-2005, 09:24 PM
The cold caller doesn't worry you? I think if I call the turn, I should be able to fold the river unimproved as it is very unlikely the raiser will bluff into two opponents for a second time.

SGS

SGS
12-06-2005, 09:25 PM
I kinda agree with you and if I do call the turn I think the river is a fold if I don't improve and the hijack bets.

SGS

gh9801
12-06-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The cold caller doesn't worry you? I think if I call the turn, I should be able to fold the river unimproved as it is very unlikely the raiser will bluff into two opponents for a second time.

SGS

[/ QUOTE ]

The cold caller can have as much as a set and as little as a draw. CO can be interpreting your donk as weakness - he may have you beat or he might not. What matters now is that you are closing the action on the turn and with your odds I think you have to call.

On the river, maybe you can c/f maybe not, CO can be raising a hand like T8 or AK for all you know. You can definitely c/f if SB wakes up, but on the turn I think you have to call.

DDBeast
12-06-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't fathom a call here, I just don't see what you're ahead of against two opponents. you could be drawing to as little as 2 outs. someone wanna explain why to call here?

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, HJ almost always has you beat here, and you have to worry about the SB who also probably has you beat. Seems like a clear fold on the turn.