PDA

View Full Version : Can I fold this river? (Underfull) $50PLO8

12-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Well, first, should I even be playing this hand?
$50 PL O8
I've got a $94 stack.
Hero SB $.25 with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
4 limpers, I limp, BB checks. - Stacks range from $35-$45.
Flop K /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK
Checks around.
Turn Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Checks around.
River K /images/graemlins/club.gif
Me and BB check, UTG limper folds, UTG+1 limper bets $1 into the $2.75 pot. 2 folds, I call, BB folds. Limper shows A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif for the 2nd nuts. Was it a bad call on the river? Should I have bet out on the turn or river? No real reads on this player...I figured with the checks around, could have been betting a flush or just trips. What's your play?

MarkD
12-06-2005, 06:41 PM
I think you played it fine on all streets.

caveat: I just started playing PLO8 the other day and have less than 1000 hands under my belt.

12-06-2005, 06:55 PM
An easy fold preflop for LO8, and a borderline call for PLO8. Id probably fold it myself. The flop play is fine. On the turn, I would have potted it. River play depends on whether they called or raised your pot bet, but I think you played this situation fine. You are getting 3.75-1 odds here, and only need to be right just less than 1/4 of the time for this call to be correct. I think your good 1/4 of the time.

12-06-2005, 07:04 PM
3rd nuts (quad K's, Ks full of Qs, then Ks full of 10s). In this early of a position I'd find it hard to bet out that turn card since it completed flush and straight draws, in a later position I might try to pick up the pot. It's a fairly small pot though and might not be worth the time since you won't like anyone playing back at you. The call on the river is fine.

12-06-2005, 07:06 PM
2nd nuts, Quad K's can't happen if he has one. Thanks for the replies.

MarkD
12-06-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
An easy fold preflop for LO8, and a borderline call for PLO8. Id probably fold it myself. The flop play is fine. On the turn, I would have potted it. River play depends on whether they called or raised your pot bet, but I think you played this situation fine. You are getting 3.75-1 odds here, and only need to be right just less than 1/4 of the time for this call to be correct. I think your good 1/4 of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right that hero should pot it on the turn. I don't know why I missed that.

I disagree that this should be a fold in either limit or pot limit. In limit- you are getting 9-1 on your pre-flop call and only having to call 0.5 sb's increases your post-flop implied odds. You can easily see the flop and then play good poker with this hand. I need to be convinced this pre-flop "situation" is a fold in limit O8.

12-06-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2nd nuts, Quad K's can't happen if he has one. Thanks for the replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero can't know that until post-showdown (not that it matters for the post).

On topic: He's the first to act with 3 to a flush and he doesn't even have the top set, potting it seems a little overly aggressive. If a villain re-pots it what do you do? Fold? Call and pray for the board to pair?

12-06-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, I would have potted it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? Never in hell would I pot second set on a flushed/str board, esp. OOP.

jthegreat
12-06-2005, 10:52 PM
Hero had an underfull on the turn.

12-06-2005, 11:00 PM
Ahh! I apologize...I didn't notice it, my post was a bit off...The flop came - Kh Td 2d...That last "K" was not supposed to be there...I had read that suit images made things clearer, but I wasn't quite used to using them yet. Sorry for the lack of clarity.

12-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Um, no. Think there was a typo in OP.