PDA

View Full Version : ($109) KK - standard line and fold?

tigerite
12-06-2005, 06:00 PM
No reads sadly - this was only about the 3rd hand. I later found out Villain was a complete spacker, but oh well.

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $100 Buy-in + $9 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 1 - 9 players (Converter: PGC (http://client.pokergrader.com))

MP2 is N/A

Chip Counts:
Button: 1010 Chips
SB: 925 Chips
BB: 1135 Chips
UTG: 840 Chips
UTG+1: 1320 Chips
MP1: 1960 Chips
MP2: 835 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 1000 Chips</font>
CO: 975 Chips

Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif
Blinds are 10/15

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="red">MP2 RAISES ($55)</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES ($155)</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>, <font color="blue">BB folds</font>, <font color="green">MP2 Calls</font>

(2 players) FLOP: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ( Pot Size: 335 Chips )
<font color="green">MP2 checks</font>, <font color="red">Hero BETS ($165)</font>
MP2 is All-In, <font color="blue">Hero folds</font>

Final Pot:1180 Chips

mlagoo
12-06-2005, 06:01 PM
cant imagine calling here. fairly drawless board (JT has a double gutshot), readless, I can't call with KK here.

Taraz
12-06-2005, 06:02 PM
That sucks. I don't see any other way to play it though.

tigerite
12-06-2005, 06:04 PM
I really considered checking through to the turn, but the problem then is he can move me off with air, as I haven't shown strength after the pf raise. I think the fold to the push is almost mandatory, but I'm wondering if I should have raised more pf, or checked through the flop, that's the main thing.

Bonafone
12-06-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm pretty sure i play this the exact same way. bet sizes and all.

schwza
12-06-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really considered checking through to the turn, but the problem then is he can move me off with air, as I haven't shown strength after the pf raise. I think the fold to the push is almost mandatory, but I'm wondering if I should have raised more pf, or checked through the flop, that's the main thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

i often check behind on the flop and call a bet on the turn (and fold the river). if he bets twice with 66 or spikes some kind of draw, more pore power to him.

your line is fine too though.

and what's a spacker?

tigerite
12-06-2005, 06:08 PM
Sorry, it's just a British slang term, it means donk, in not such nice terms.

12-06-2005, 06:08 PM
On the pf action, your raise gives him 2.1:1 to call.

I've never actually thought about this specific line before, but I think a bigger raise may make sense here since you are intentionally trying to get him to muck a hand like AQ/AK.

I'm not too familiar with play at the 109s, but would a player raise AQ from that position?

tigerite
12-06-2005, 06:10 PM
This player was such a moron he'd probably have raised A4o, but yeah, most would raise AQ there. However, most would make it more than t55.

And, to be honest, I really want AQ and AK to call, it's just when the ace flops that it sucks, and that's only what, 30% of the time? When they spike a Q or K, I get their stack a huge percentage of the time (allowing for suckouts).

12-06-2005, 06:13 PM
Putting aside the donkness of this individual, I'm still interested in the potential for a bigger re-raise preflop with KK.

With four left to act, and then the original bettor, why not pop this for more... say 225?

Personally, I know post-flop play isn't the strongest part of my game, so I wouldn't mind taking this down right here. Do you feel you extract more value (over long-term of course) by getting a caller for 155?

mlagoo
12-06-2005, 06:15 PM
im not sure what to say other than none of my bet sizes are substantially different (i probably bet something like 180-200 on the flop). i think your line is good (that is, assuming my line is good /images/graemlins/blush.gif ).

tigerite
12-06-2005, 06:16 PM
I think at the $109s a slightly bigger re-raise, say to t200, might be correct; but yes, you do need to play post-flop quite a bit more, and pick up the chips that you can right here. I reckon that I most of the time can extract more value with the caller for 100 more than his raise, but ace flops are always horrible to play, even with position on the original raiser.

Paul Thomson
12-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Schwza's line is very interesting. Check the flop. Call a turn bet. And fold a river bet. hmmmmm. Has potential. it looks like you either have the nuts or am really weak.

Sure even I could fire two barrells in that situation, but i don't think you lose anymore chips whether he has an Ace or not. The only threat is that a smaller pair might fire two barrells since you've shown weakness.

Don't really know. But I think I like it.