PDA

View Full Version : You fall, what is your next move?

12-06-2005, 05:59 PM
So I'm walking to class and I run up the stairs to the door and trip on the last step (yes I'm a [censored]). A hot girl from about 10 feet to the side of you stares at you, what do you do/say? I just brushed myself off and kept walking. Anyone consider doing anything else like doing pushups or saying "I'm OK!"?

Yeti
12-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Do a goofy laugh, smile, shake my head and walk off.

Wake up CALL
12-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Tell her you are hurt and need assistance. The motherly instinct will kick in and from there on the sky is the limit.

CollinEstes
12-06-2005, 06:03 PM
Act like Peter Griffin and go "ssssss", "ahhhhhh" for about 3 minutes.

IronDragon1
12-06-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone consider doing anything else like doing pushups

[/ QUOTE ]

No but I sure hope this happens the next time I see someone fall.

junkmail3
12-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Ask her if she wants to [censored]?

BCPVP
12-06-2005, 06:05 PM
When you trip, do a front flip and land on your feet. That'll impress her.

NLSoldier
12-06-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do a goofy laugh, smile, shake my head and walk off.

[/ QUOTE ]

4_2_it
12-06-2005, 06:06 PM
I say (with a grin), "I always mansge to look like an ass in front of beautiful women" and move on. Of course, an old married dude like me can get away with this.

henrikrh
12-06-2005, 06:07 PM
As you walk past her just say "smoooth"

Mason Hellmuth
12-06-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When you trip, do a front flip and land on your feet.

[/ QUOTE ]
I did this once and it saved my life.

I didn't get laid, though.

JinX11
12-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Bow.

diebitter
12-06-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When you trip, do a front flip and land on your feet.

[/ QUOTE ]
I did this once and it saved my life.

I didn't get laid, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

You shoulda been humming your own theme tune loudly. Then you'd have got laid.

12-06-2005, 06:12 PM
Say "careful, there's a lot of gravity over there." If she laughs, then you know you've got a hot and intelligent girl on your hands that you can flirt with and ask out. If not, then she's a ditz and don't worry about it.

ScottieK

CollinEstes
12-06-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Say "careful, there's a lot of gravity over there." If she laughs, then you know you've got a hot and intelligent girl on your hands that you can flirt with and ask out. If not, then she's a ditz and don't worry about it.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

This is brillant. With a line like this, you could fake fall to pick up girls. Always a good ice breaker.

Spladle Master
12-06-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I'm walking to class and I run up the stairs to the door and trip on the last step (yes I'm a [censored]). A hot girl from about 10 feet to the side of you stares at you, what do you do/say? I just brushed myself off and kept walking. Anyone consider doing anything else like doing pushups or saying "I'm OK!"?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have never considered doing anything like what you describe. As for what the correct course of action is, that depends on whether you would like to have sex with the hot girl. If you would then you ought to take this opportunity to introduce yourself to her. If you would not then it doesn't much matter what you do.

sfer
12-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Slap the palm of your hand into your forehead three times while closing your eyes and saying, "STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!"

chuddo
12-06-2005, 06:27 PM
scottie,

that gravity line is pretty sweet. original, or had you heard it from somewhere else?

i once tripped up pretty badly walking back from a class talking to a girl i had never talked to before.

i just accused her of tripping me, she thought it was funny, and i stopped feeling like an idiot.

ZeroPointMachine
12-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Laugh, smile and say "you should see me when I'm going down" and see where that leads.

man
12-06-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Slap the palm of your hand into your forehead three times while closing your eyes and saying, "STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!"

[/ QUOTE ]
this usually feels like the most natural thing to do. for me anyway.

actually in all reality when I'm walking around campus I'm usually in too much of a zone to notice her, or the fact that I tripped.

DougShrapnel
12-06-2005, 06:35 PM
Pretend like falling down is the new cool strut. Do it 2 to 3 more times. Explain to her that you saw -insert person you both might think is cool- on -insert TV show that you both might think is cool- struting that way. Attemp to srike up converstaion about person or TV show, and then when she's not looking .......wait for it..... you know it's coming................SIIHP:yawn:.

12-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Thanks man. I think I got it from one of my friends...but they may have gotten it from me.

I'm always doing stupid stuff in front of girls. Just gotta be prepared, that's all. On one first date, she made me laugh so hard that a big line of snot came out of my nose. I said "Sorry, it's my first day with the new nose." Got a laugh out of that one.

I like the "going down" line. Nice.

ScottieK

B Dids
12-06-2005, 06:46 PM
If you really need to ask how to best cope with falling down, beyond just "getting up"... that's like... bad.

garion888
12-06-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Laugh, smile and say "you should see me when I'm going down on purpose " and see where that leads.

[/ QUOTE ]

eviljeff
12-06-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
take this opportunity to introduce yourself to her

[/ QUOTE ]

and how exactly would this go?

B Dids
12-06-2005, 06:48 PM
"Hi, you might know me from falling on my ass 10 seconds ago"

CollinEstes
12-06-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
take this opportunity to introduce yourself to her

[/ QUOTE ]

and how exactly would this go?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Hi I'm embrassed, and you are?"

PokerBob
12-06-2005, 06:50 PM
never run to class ever. ever.

craig r
12-06-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you really need to ask how to best cope with falling down, beyond just "getting up"... that's like... bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your arrogance disgusts me sometimes Dids. Just like not everybody knows what to do when someone says "hello", or "hi, can I take your order", there are plenty of people who don't know how to get up when they fall down. It has taken me years to overcome my fear of walking down the steps (I an go up just fine), but when I approach a set of steps and there are more than 6 or so I still get nervous (but I can handle 5 or less like a bad mofo. I can even skin one or two).

craig

RunDownHouse
12-06-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
While I agree in the general sense, this thread has provided a couple of genuinely good responses that I likely wouldn't have thought of on my own (the pushups one was best, I think).

Blarg
12-06-2005, 07:03 PM
Give her a dirty look and a derisive laugh like SHE was the one who just screwed up. This will take her mind off your physical clumsiness and warn both her and anyone else around that you are not to be trifled with.

SteamingFish
12-06-2005, 07:08 PM
This works best if there's obviously no one else near you, but stand up quickly, look around, and say, "Who pushed me!?" Then turn to her and say with a wry smile something like, "I'll let you go this time." or "Want to throw down I didn't think so."

Or stand up and pretend to say to yourself, "Phew, I'm glad nobody saw THAT!" and then shoot her a quick Austin Powers "surprised" look.

astroglide
12-06-2005, 07:10 PM
steamingfish,
your ideas are very contrived/gay

craig r
12-06-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
steamingfish,
your ideas are very contrived/gay

[/ QUOTE ]

The "I am glad nobody saw that" one is kind of funny. Leave out the Austin Powers part though.

craig

JihadOnTheRiver
12-06-2005, 07:16 PM
As you stand up, piss your pants. Try to squeeze out a duece if it suits you. She'll forget all about the steps, you can move on to matters of the puss.

Blarg
12-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Actually I've had great responses a number of times in situations like these by just giving out a self-deprecating shake of the head and slow smile and saying something like, Damn, that always happens around the pretty ones.

JihadOnTheRiver
12-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Honestly I usually just laugh at myself. I made a reply a while ago about walking face first into a sign post, right as I was waving back to two hot chicks that had waved at me. I hit pretty hard, my nose was bleeding. I don't think I've ever seen anything funnier.

Blarg
12-06-2005, 07:36 PM
My friend has walked into so many signposts and telephone poles it's amazing. Sometimes it has been really tempting when I see it coming not to warn him.

JihadOnTheRiver
12-06-2005, 07:39 PM
But have they done it while in the actual process of flirting with two women? It was pretty much like, 'ooh, women waiving at me', I wave back, turn back, bloody nose. That's some funny [censored]. I still laugh at myself.

MrTrik
12-06-2005, 08:40 PM
My friend would look her in the eyes and say: Ah don't worry, just practicing my stuntman training, I'm a professional.

And then be on his way, unless she laughed, then he'd take the opportunity to introduce himself.

JihadOnTheRiver
12-06-2005, 08:43 PM
MrTik,

You still need to put misletoe over your camel toe.

-Jihad

PokerFink
12-06-2005, 08:57 PM
I usually just jump up, put my hands in the air, and let everyone know I fell and don't care.

"Yup, that was me, I fell, hope you all enjoyed that."

There are some reasonably smooth lines in this thread though.

eviljeff
12-06-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MrTik,

You still need to put misletoe over your camel toe.

-Jihad

[/ QUOTE ]

this is correct

12-07-2005, 12:59 AM
I don't have to guess what I'd do, because I've done this exact same thing....except I looked up at this chick I've been planning on asking out, said "Hey!", and proceeded to bust my ass, throw my books at her, fall up the stairs and then slide back down the stairs.

I got up, climbed the remaining stairs, picked up my crap and walked off without another word.

That thing between me and her..........it didn't work out.

Shillx
12-07-2005, 01:02 AM
Walk over to her and say, "nice shoes, wanna [censored]?"

2+2 wannabe
12-07-2005, 01:11 AM
the gravity line is pure gold

dogsballs
12-07-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
scottie,

that gravity line is pretty sweet. original, or had you heard it from somewhere else?

i once tripped up pretty badly walking back from a class talking to a girl i had never talked to before.

i just accused her of tripping me, she thought it was funny, and i stopped feeling like an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes if I drop things a few times in a short period in fron t of someone, I'll say "gravity's strong today, huh.."