PDA

View Full Version : PokerStars sent my money to the great beyond

jon_1van
12-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Ok, so I used to play on PokerStars a long time ago. (Around when I registered)

I cashed in 50 a few times...meh. Stopped playing online poker.

Fast forward 3 years or so, I moved, got married, moved again, and pick up playing online again. I signed up for Firepay again using a new email/new address/new bank account.

Anyway, now I recently cashed out $500 from PS, and the did the whole "rewind any of your old transaction thing" (IE if you cashed in 200 from Firepay, they refund any money to firepay before they allow you to get any money a different way". So they ended up putting $155 into a Firepay account that I don't have access to.

And now I'm afraid its gone.

PS support says "take it up with Firepay"
Firepay says "take it up with the merchant"

Anyone else have this problem?

chisness
12-06-2005, 06:05 PM
i think ps will do anything they can to help you in this situation, so if you try them again and they say you can't, then you'll have to talk to firepay.

how do you not have access to your account? you should be able to reset your password.

jon_1van
12-06-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you should be able to reset your password

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't

12-06-2005, 06:19 PM
I had Paradise do this once.

They refunded $50 to a credit card I hadn't had in years (from a bank that had since stopped funding gambling sites).

I ended up SOL.

chisness
12-06-2005, 06:20 PM
why not? call them and tell them you need to!

Pokeraddict
12-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Reason #477 not to use Firepay

Drew16
12-06-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive used Firepay several times and never had a single problem, plus its free. I also dont see how this is Firepay's fault.

12-06-2005, 07:44 PM
The same thing happened to me, only it was a Stars transaction to Neteller when I had specifically mentioned to Stars beforehand that I wanted any money credited towards my Firepay. They said it was against policy and i was SOL for a month or so until my dispute with Neteller was resolved (the reason for not wanting $ to go to them in the first place). If Neteller hadn't worked out my problems with them (a whole other story), I'd be anti-Stars as they pretty much did nothing to help me there.

12-06-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so I used to play on PokerStars a long time ago. (Around when I registered)

I cashed in 50 a few times...meh. Stopped playing online poker.

Fast forward 3 years or so, I moved, got married, moved again, and pick up playing online again. I signed up for Firepay again using a new email/new address/new bank account.

Anyway, now I recently cashed out $500 from PS, and the did the whole "rewind any of your old transaction thing" (IE if you cashed in 200 from Firepay, they refund any money to firepay before they allow you to get any money a different way". So they ended up putting $155 into a Firepay account that I don't have access to.

And now I'm afraid its gone.

PS support says "take it up with Firepay"
Firepay says "take it up with the merchant"

[/ QUOTE ]

In this type of situation Firepay will keep the $$, see my BEWARE OF FIREPAY thread, I will bump.

wonderwes
12-06-2005, 09:03 PM
I really have steered away from firepay. Info@firepay.com ,Be ready to scan your drivers license and bank statement (hopefully you have the same registered bank, if not there is still hope). You have the same email still correct? Why do you no longer have access to your firepay? Just keep hounding their support till you get a response.

If you do get your firepay cash back, deposit it into partypoker. They can only accept firepay deposits, but cashouts must be done by igm or Neteller.

jon_1van
12-06-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really have steered away from firepay. Info@firepay.com ,Be ready to scan your drivers license and bank statement (hopefully you have the same registered bank, if not there is still hope). You have the same email still correct? Why do you no longer have access to your firepay? Just keep hounding their support till you get a response.

If you do get your firepay cash back, deposit it into partypoker. They can only accept firepay deposits, but cashouts must be done by igm or Neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd use Neteller, But it doesn't do business in Maryland.

jon_1van
12-06-2005, 09:08 PM
I'm feeling a little let down from Stars. I've gotten a few email that all say the same thing "Take it up with firepay"

The thing that bothers me is why do they assume that the old account is still good when
1 - The money was deposited using a different firepay account.
2 - The old firepay account was unused for 2.5 years.

UG.

DarthIgnurnt
12-06-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
got married,

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh ... yea, but what're you gonna do?

Pokeraddict
12-06-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive used Firepay several times and never had a single problem, plus its free. I also dont see how this is Firepay's fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

These Firepay horror stories of money going into black hole are common. I 100% agree the money being transfered to a closed Firepay account is not Firepay's fault. Accepting a transfer to a closed account and not offering a realistic way for the player to get it back are their fault. Also a lack of any real support is a common real complaint.

12-07-2005, 12:27 AM
And the $$ is somewhere----FirePay has it. In effect they are saying too bad, we are keeping it, see if the poker site will pay you again.

Thythe
12-07-2005, 12:48 AM
Well, keep this thread alive, and eventually we'll probably get Lee Jones to respond. Usually he's pretty fair about these things.

UATrewqaz
12-07-2005, 03:37 AM
If FirePay has the money (which they probably do) they are the crooks.

Sure it would be downright cool if Stars would pay the money to your proper account, but then they'd be out the money instead of you.

Stars should request the money back from FirePay saying it was errounsly transfered.

uncleshady
12-07-2005, 05:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Accepting a transfer to a closed account and not offering a realistic way for the player to get it back are their fault

[/ QUOTE ]

The transfer should have been denied because the account is no longer active. By Firepay accepting the transfer, there should be some way to reopen the account. This is 100% Firepay's fault.

timprov
12-07-2005, 06:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The transfer should have been denied because the account is no longer active. By Firepay accepting the transfer, there should be some way to reopen the account. This is 100% Firepay's fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd go with 90% Firepay's fault and 10% a flawed and inflexible policy at Stars. They need to realize that there are times when returning withdrawals to the original depositing account is inappropriate, and have a system in place to deal with it.

jon_1van
12-07-2005, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And the $$ is somewhere----FirePay has it. In effect they are saying too bad, we are keeping it, see if the poker site will pay you again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well both PS and Firepay say "contact ____ to reverse the transaction" so it sounds like someone can do it.

jon_1van
12-07-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, keep this thread alive, and eventually we'll probably get Lee Jones to respond. Usually he's pretty fair about these things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm holding out hope with PS. It seems like I've exhausted my options with the "standard" PS support. However, I think they have transfered my issue to a different dept. So it looks like my $155 still has a pulse, its just a bit weak.

jon_1van
12-07-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Accepting a transfer to a closed account and not offering a realistic way for the player to get it back are their fault

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Firepay accounts have an experation date. I think the exp date on my "new" account was around 8-10 years after I signed up.

Spook
12-07-2005, 12:30 PM
wasn't there a warning by stars when you started the withdrawl that it would be credited to that account?

phish
12-07-2005, 01:10 PM
If the FP acct is inactive, then I'm surprised that it didn't just reject PS's transfer and dump the $ back in your acct. There seems to be a major flaw here somewhere. Wonder if it's also exists for neteller.

jon_1van
12-07-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wasn't there a warning by stars when you started the withdrawl that it would be credited to that account?

[/ QUOTE ]

There may have been. I'm not sure. Even if there was I wouldn't have read it in detail I would have just assumed any firepay account that it was sending money to would be the one I used recently.

Also, so what if there was a warning. How do I get my money out in that case. Cancel the cashout and ???? Talk to support?

Ro-me-ro
12-07-2005, 07:25 PM
We had a similar problem with a player several months ago, which ultimately gave us a kick up the rear end to implement a more informative cash out screen so that you can see where your money is going to be sent "before" confirming the transaction.

For instance it may say:

$155 will be sent to FirePay 6****4321
$345 will be sent to FirePay 6****1234

At the bottom directly above the submit button the text says:

"If any of the accounts above have been cancelled or expired please press [cancel] and contact support".

Now I do feel bad for you that your money is in limbo atm, but at this juncture *we/PokerStars* are not to blame. If you had emailed us we would have blocked the account and re-routed your cash out as required.

That said, we will try and help you as best we can with this situation, and so long as your FirePay account is in good standing with FirePay you will get your money back -- it just may take some time.

If you want to PM me your Stars UserID I will take a look for you in the morning, and see what I can do to help... like I said though, if your FP account was not in good standing, please don't waste my time /images/graemlins/smile.gif

All the best,

Rom

jon_1van
12-07-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
*we/PokerStars* are not to blame

[/ QUOTE ]

No one gains anything by discussing blame.

wayabvpar
12-07-2005, 09:07 PM
His point in assigning blame is that there is nothing further that PS can/will do. The issue is with Firepay.

Thythe
12-07-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*we/PokerStars* are not to blame

[/ QUOTE ]

No one gains anything by discussing blame.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, PM your username like he asked, perhaps things will get done.

jon_1van
12-08-2005, 02:35 PM
PS got my money back into my PS account.

So now I will attempt to have the old FP account closed permanetly before I cashout the MIA money. PS says I don't have to worry about having money sent there anymore, but what could it hurt to wait a bit.

All in all the emails with PS support were all well written and clear. They made good on all "I'll write you back" promises. What was nice was that at the end of each email there was a plan of action ie "I'll write you back when I hear from FP support" or "You should contact FP support, let us know if you need anything"

The issue was solved in 3 days.

Lee Jones
12-08-2005, 06:36 PM
Hi Jon -
Thanks for the kind words about our support. The person who truly needs thanked is HostVeronica - the shadowy Queen of Accounting, who has an "in" at every payment processing and online wallet company in the business. If she can't get it done, it probably isn't legal.

You might send an email to:

support@pokerstars.com

asking them to forward your thanks to HostVeronica.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager
"Or come around at the next PS staff tournament and cheer for her."

UATrewqaz
12-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Stars rocks, if only they could get all of Party's limit playing fish I'd only play there and I wouldn't mind if they were the online poker big shot, they deserve it.

jon_1van
12-08-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stars rocks, if only they could get all of Party's limit playing fish I'd only play there and I wouldn't mind if they were the online poker big shot, they deserve it.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the rate PP will be fleecing people at blackjack...this may happen.

MrBlueNose
12-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Lee Jones and Pokerstars support save Christmas yet again! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

12-09-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lee Jones and Pokerstars support save Christmas yet again! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But I heard Lee exclaim as he logged out of sight, "Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night... And ENJOY!"