PDA

View Full Version : Iron & Wine / Calexico @ Webster Hall Tonight

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Any of you hipsters going? I'll be there because I'm forcing myself to go alone based on how much I like the collaboration and the fact that I have two people who've gone to a different show and said it was awesome.

IndieMatty
12-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Sufjan played with them last night. I will not be in attendance.

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Yes...I am aware that Sufjan played with them yesterday. Yes, I am bitter I did not go yesterday.

pooh74
12-06-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes...I am aware that Sufjan played with them yesterday. Yes, I am bitter I did not go yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw iron and wine there earlier this year...for whatever reason I didnt have the best time (not for not liking the music I guess). Saw sufjan at bowery this summer and that was great!

IndieMatty
12-06-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw iron and wine there earlier this year...for whatever reason I didnt have the best time (not for not liking the music I guess). Saw sufjan at bowery this summer and that was great!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there too. The accoustic set at symphony space blew that one away. He's playing at lincoln center in january.

istewart
12-06-2005, 06:20 PM
*calling eurotrash*

pokerdirty
12-06-2005, 06:21 PM
I have no idea who Iron & Wine or Calexico is, but once I saw Webster Hall, I knew I was out.

pooh74
12-06-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea who Iron & Wine or Calexico is, but once I saw Webster Hall, I knew I was out.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? Cas there's no Golden Tee?

nyc999
12-06-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Iron & Wine and Webster Hall actually don't seem to go together, so you might like them. Very weird venue for them.

IndieMatty
12-06-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bowery Books larger shows at Webster Hall now, they kick the hipsters out before jersey comes in. I saw Bloc Party and Bright Eyes there.

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I was worried about this too, because I thought Webster Hall ruined The Shins for me (although it might have been the Shins that ruined the Shins for me). I'm still going though.

pokerdirty
12-06-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why? Cas there's no Golden Tee?

[/ QUOTE ]

hahano.

because that place gives me the creeps. i felt like i was going to get ass raped all 3 times i've been there.

CallMeIshmael
12-06-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
*calling eurotrash*

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's too busy listening to the spin doctors