PDA

View Full Version : MySpace Trip Report

Yako
12-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Well, in the interest of making our fellow OOTers feel a bit better about their women hunting skills (in that they'll get to see that a lot of people are really worse), I'm gonna share with you guys the trip I took this weekend to meet up with a girl I met on MySpace. Yes, there's gonna be pics!

Here's the protagonist (me!):

http://myspace-109.vo.llnwd.net/00292/90/11/292321109_l.jpg

And here's the girl I went to meet up with:
http://myspace-792.vo.llnwd.net/00325/29/79/325489792_l.jpg

Now that we got the pictures out of the way, let's get down to the prologue.

So around November 19th this girl msgs to get added on my friend list. She lives like 3 hours away so I don't much see the point, but I oblige her. So a few days later we're talking for the first time and we tells me she has to go eat supper, so I ask her what she's having. She says lasagna, and I ask if there's cheese on it (I can't stand cheese). She answers that she hopes not. I follow this up with the 'cool, I don't like cheese either! You put cheese on your pizza?' to which she answers 'Of course'. So I tell her that I can't marry her, and she says we can compromise... So we get married. We trade pictures of rings, and that's how the whole advanture starts. We start talking every day all day on MSN and eventually decide she should come down by train (it's like a 2.5 hour ride) to meet me. That's her idea by the way. So she talks it over with her mom ('cause she's 20 and I'm 22), and her mom decides that she'd rather I go down there, and then she can come down the week after. Fine by me, because that means we'll see each other a week early. So we get all excited, and everyday I post a comment to do a jason_t-like countdown to meeting. We talk abit about what might happen, and she FLAT-OUT tells me that I should make a move on her. So great! I'm in!

So Friday Dec. 2nd comes along and I FINALLY get there. I'm real nervous, and I really hope I recognize her, which I do. I finally get to meet her, and she's slightly better looking than what I expected, so I'm thrilled. She's really easy to talk to and everything's going great. We grab a bus down to the Hard Rock Cafe and go for a bite. Conversation is easy the whole time, and she even insists on paying, which is a weird thing for me. I usually pay everything. I let her, but only after she agrees to let me pay the next meal. After that, we head off to a candy store where I intro her to the Harry Potter jellybeans (Great for large gatherings by the way!) and then we head out to Chapters. We actually make-out like 3 times in the middle of the Chapters while looking at books, and the last time it happens, we're in the middle of the check-out line and some guy right behind makes a REALLY loud comment about some book, which cracks both of us up because we figure he's fed up with us making out.

So we leave the Chapters and head back to her place, where I get to meet her mom, brother, and her brother's gf. We hang around with them for a bit, and then we go up to her room planning to watch Madagascar. That just turns into a huge make-out session... During this, I try to grab her breasts but she just casually moves my hands away, and we keep on making out. A while later my hand ventures near her pussy, and she moves that away too. So I figure I'm just gonna let her set the rules, no point in getting kicked out first night there, and besides, I figure I've made my intentions clear... We keep making out, and eventually she moves my hand to her [censored]. After another 15-20 minutes of making out, she decides that it's time for bed... I think we got like half-way through the movie, but don't ask me about any of it. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

We wake up the next morning and we go out for breakfast, since we woke up before everyone else. She brings me to THE breakfast place in Aylmer, and after that (yeah, I took care of the bill), we head back to her place. We hung out with her brother and his gf all day (they really suck at playing cards by the way), and then we go out with them to supper with a bunch of people the girl and her brother's gf went to college with. I'm not as shy as I used to be, but around like 15 people I've never met before, I basically just shut down and hardly say a word. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

After that, we go out to the coolest bar I've ever been to. I wish there was a place like it where I live, I think I'd live there... The thing is though, that we go with a bunch of people I don't know (again!), and with a less than stellar sitting arrangement, I'm left with no one to talk too...

Picture this:

Brother - Brother's GF - Me - Random Guy #1 - Girl - Random Guy #2

She outdrinks like all of us so she's kinda like tipsy, and I hardly drink 'cause I got really sick on the Saturday before. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Around this time a change starts happening... she starts acting slightly differently about me, but not much. I think I forgot to mention that she told me before that when she gets home from drinking she goes straight to bed, but anyways, I think she mentions it again around this time. When it's time to go, we phone Nexz Rouge to get us home, and after waiting forever, we're home. We get in, say hi to her parents (I got to meet her dad in the morning, when we came home after breakfast), chug some water (where she once again mentions that sleep is what's on her mind), and then go off to bed. I don't even think we kissed each other good night. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Here's where I turn into a complete moron. After telling her all week online that I was gonna keep her warm when she got cold, I let her tell me she's cold, and then do like NOTHING about it. I think I might have put my hand on her side. Wee!

I wake up WAY before her this morning and head downstairs, and when her mom wakes up, we play some backgammon. We tie 4-4, but I'm pretty sure I'm a better player than her mom. Anyways, once everyone gets up we go to setup their Abri Tempo. It's some fun work. In the middle of that, I go to kiss her, and she like turns and lets me kiss her cheek instead... /images/graemlins/frown.gif?

So after that, I feel kinda of awkward and everything... So we pretty much waste our last few hours together watching television, and then they drive me to the train station to come back. We get there, say our goodbyes, and I get a basic kiss on the lips this time. I ask her if she's still up for coming down on Friday, and she tells me she's not sure. /images/graemlins/frown.gif??

So that's pretty much it. I felt pretty lousy for the day or two after. Like, I couldn't close on a prostitute if I double-paid her lousy. But now I'm fine. So yeah, this is for all you guys who have women problems. Think, it could be worse! You could be messing up sure things!

So yeah, anyone care to go through my post and point out all the misplays I made. I know a few, but I'd like to get better at this [censored].

miajag81
12-06-2005, 05:41 PM
cliff notes plz

Vavavoom
12-06-2005, 05:43 PM
I think you done good...

istewart
12-06-2005, 05:44 PM
You are what would happen if Dave Grohl got a nose job and became really gay.

slickpoppa
12-06-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We keep making out, and eventually she moves my hand to her [censored]. After another 15-20 minutes of making out, she decides that it's time for bed... I think we got like half-way through the movie, but don't ask me about any of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So did you bang her? Enough with these inuendos.

eviljeff
12-06-2005, 05:46 PM
I think it's odd that her parents are cool with random internet boy visiting and [censored] their daughter.

diebitter
12-06-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... During this, I try to grab her breasts...

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this line best.

Yako
12-06-2005, 05:47 PM
Hum... let me see what I can do about cliff notes...

- This girl and I get really interested into one another through MySpace.
- We decide I should take a2.5 hour train ride to go meet her. She tells me to make a move on her.
- I make a move and hardly nothing comes of it.
- I come home with more sperm than I had when I left.
- I posted this to provide comfort to all the people who think they suck with women.

I think that sums it up pretty well.

Mason Hellmuth
12-06-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So yeah, anyone care to go through my post and point out all the misplays I made.

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's the crucial one:

[ QUOTE ]
the trip I took this weekend to meet up with a girl I met on MySpace.

[/ QUOTE ]

IronDragon1
12-06-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I tell her that I can't marry her, and she says we can compromise... So we get married. We trade pictures of rings,

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ that's gay

Yako
12-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Bah, live and learn I guess. But yeah, I really suck with women, so I thought you guys could provide funny advice, and we'd all have a good laugh at my expense.

istewart
12-06-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I tell her that I can't marry her, and she says we can compromise... So we get married. We trade pictures of rings,

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ that's gay

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl

garion888
12-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Don't worry...no one bangs their wife.

diebitter
12-06-2005, 05:50 PM
I think you did okay.

This 'grab at breasts' thing has me intrigued though, can you explain? was you just trying to be funny when you put it this way, or did you seriously just grab em?

Yako
12-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Lol, nah, I didn't just grab them, like I slid my hands to them casually. We were making out, our hands were all over.

Yako
12-06-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ that's gay

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm weird like that... But it was funny at least.

B Dids
12-06-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So yeah, anyone care to go through my post and point out all the misplays I made.

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's the crucial one:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude- everybody gets laid off of myspace these days, or at least that's what the kids tell me. It's not exactly just for nerds or anything.

BradleyT
Yako,

Do you wear deodorant and brush your teeth?

Doesn't seem like anything is really wrong with you by your writing or picture.

kurosh
[ QUOTE ]
A while later my hand ventures near her pussy, and she moves that away too. So I figure I'm just gonna let her set the rules, no point in getting kicked out first night there, and besides, I figure I've made my intentions clear... We keep making out, and eventually she moves my hand to her [censored].

[/ QUOTE ] ???

eviljeff
12-06-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ that's gay

[/ QUOTE ]

how many ironic things can you find here?

IronDragon1
12-06-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ that's gay

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny for the reader...

Yako
12-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Yeah, I do both, and I always carry gum when I meet up with a chick. Better safe than sorry.

I ended up talking to her about it actually, and she said I didn't do anything wrong, that she just changed her mind. Isn't that women talk for saying that I did something seriously wrong?

JonPKibble
12-06-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So she talks it over with her mom ('cause she's 20 and I'm 22)

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else notice this tidbit?

kurosh
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I do both, and I always carry gum when I meet up with a chick. Better safe than sorry.

I ended up talking to her about it actually, and she said I didn't do anything wrong, that she just changed her mind. Isn't that women talk for saying that I did something seriously wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]So she didn't like you. Move on to the next girl.

Yako
Kurosh, the censored word is breasts... I guess it censors the word I used.

NLSoldier
12-06-2005, 05:57 PM
youve got balls for posting this, ill give you that.

her stuff about just wanting to sleep after drinking sounds like BS. if you coulda convinced her to just give you a little kiss it easy could have escalated as far as you want. id also like to point out that using being sick a week ago for not getting plastered is really weak.

CollinEstes
12-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Just my advice:

It sounds like when you basically shut down around her friends that closed the door for you. She intially liked you and was enjoying being with you and as such probably was looking forward to showing you off to her friends, but if you changed your actions and you didn't act the way she was expecting her feeling cooled for you.

Take a note from our buddy George Costanza and always "go out on a high note." Your dating needs showmanship. Leave her wanting more.

slickpoppa
12-06-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Women are extremely fickle

Yako
12-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I still drank abit but my body got fed up with it pretty fast. I guess I'd have been alright if I'd taken screwdrivers instead of beer (I got sick off of beer).

slickpoppa
12-06-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just my advice:

It sounds like when you basically shut down around her friends that closed the door for you. She intially liked you and was enjoying being with you and as such probably was looking forward to showing you off to her friends, but if you changed your actions and you didn't act the way she was expecting her feeling cooled for you.

Take a note from our buddy George Costanza and always "go out on a high note." Your dating needs showmanship. Leave her wanting more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is a very good point. Spending two nights with someone after just meeting them is way too much pressure. You should have left after the first night.

4_2_it
[ QUOTE ]
then we go up to her room planning to watch Madagascar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time arrange to view something directed by Dominic. Animation is not high on anyone's horniness scale.

Sightless
[ QUOTE ]
(I got sick off of beer).

[/ QUOTE ]

How much beer?

jaydub
12-06-2005, 06:01 PM
Yako,

The biggest mistake I see is doing an entire weekend together right off the bat. Better would be to come Saturday and leave Sunday. Too much at once can be a problem and even in relationships, weekend trips are best saved for a while.

As for what to do now. Do not pressure / beg her into coming down to visit. Just say you need to know so you can plan your weekend accordingly which should be true by the way. If she doesn't come down, it might be worth teasing her about it online. That depends on the dynamics of your situation. Also, keep trying to meet people, myspace, out on the street, mickey d's, wherever.

J

Mason Hellmuth
12-06-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude- everybody gets laid off of myspace these days, or at least that's what the kids tell me. It's not exactly just for nerds or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right, I phrased things poorly in an attempt to be witty. My problem with this was more in the distance and the fact that he stayed at her parents' house.

Boris
12-06-2005, 06:03 PM
So her Mommy and Daddy didn't mind that some random Internet dude was sleeping with their daughter in their house?

Anyways, sorry you didn't get laid. Maybe next time.

Yako
12-06-2005, 06:04 PM
I don't really remember how much beer... It was my bday. My memories of that day are pretty inconsistent. But it wasn't as much as it would take other people. I don't like the taste of beer and it usually has a bad effect on me.

wayabvpar
12-06-2005, 06:05 PM
I don't see the point of going to meet random internet chick #45683335 without sex being explicitly guaranteed. This broad sounds like far too much work unless you are REALLY into her. Move on to the next MySpace chick and sharpen your deal-closing skills.

Yako
Nah, her parents were pretty cool, open people. Guess they figured it was safer in their home than at mine. Who knows?

jaydub
Mason,

For someone not getting any, a 2 hour ride to fool around is worth it. Or as a buddy always said, "If you're not getting any, no problem, just lower your standards". Yeah, he [censored] some fugly chicks....

J

Mason Hellmuth
Yako,

Are you Canadian?

Sincerely,
Mason Hellmuth

garion888
[ QUOTE ]
it's like a 2.5 hour ride

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but this is problem #1. It would have to be a total lock for me to commute 5 hours for unknown pussy. If there was a 10% chance of something going wrong I'd have to axe it and find something closer. It was better when she was coming to you. It just seems -EV. Then even if it does work out you're going to keep that going? 5 hours everytime you wanna get some?

And man up...drink the [censored] drink...its been a week already...

CollinEstes
12-06-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see the point of going to meet random internet chick #45683335 without sex being explicitly guaranteed. This broad sounds like far too much work unless you are REALLY into her. Move on to the next MySpace chick and sharpen your deal-closing skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure that I will be shunned by the OOT crowd here, but I think this dude wasn't just looking for sex but probably thought he had a chance at an actual relationship with this girl.

Yako
12-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Nah, I ain't wasting any more time on her, nothing will come of it. But yeah, I don't socialize much, so taking the 2 hour train trip was really worth it for me I guess. Plus it was like a small vacation, which was enjoyable.

pokerdirty
12-06-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So she talks it over with her mom ('cause she's 20 and I'm 22)

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

12-06-2005, 06:07 PM
How was the mom? Hot?

Yako
12-06-2005, 06:08 PM
Mason,

Yes I am

Proudly,
Yako

Yako
12-06-2005, 06:10 PM
Collin,

Yeah, I'd have liked something more serious, but with the way things went down, and with the talks we've had since, that's not happening.

Cordially,
Yako

krimson
12-06-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really remember how much beer... It was my bday. My memories of that day are pretty inconsistent. But it wasn't as much as it would take other people. I don't like the taste of beer and it usually has a bad effect on me.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're 22 and can't stomach beer yet?

NLSoldier
12-06-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're 22 and can't stomach beer yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

this probably has a lot to do with why he is willing to take a train for 5 hrs to try to get laid...

Jules22
12-06-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I still drank abit but my body got fed up with it pretty fast. I guess I'd have been alright if I'd taken screwdrivers instead of beer (I got sick off of beer).

[/ QUOTE ]

she probably wanted a guy who doesnt drink mikes hard lemonades /images/graemlins/frown.gif

BreakEvenPlayer
12-06-2005, 06:12 PM
This is about the most dysfunctional first meeting I have ever heard about. Going to stay at her house, meet her family, etc. all before you had met her in person is just absurd.

If you really like her though, cut off all communication. About two weeks from now go to her Myspace page and make a really nice comment about one of the emo blogs she's written and you'll be back in business.

craig r
12-06-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's the crucial one:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I first moved to Portland, I really didn't know anybody. All I used was myspace. It was pretty easy. Of course, Portland girls are sluts, and if I would have known this, I might not have used myspace at all. Then again, I don't like going to bars to meet girls, so it worked out in the end. Plus, you would be amazed at how many 23-28 year old girls want to go roller skating. I think I went to the crappy Portland roller skating rink 6 times from myspace dates. Her: "Well, what do you want to do/where meet". Me: "Oh man, I haven't been roller skating since I was like 13. That would be so fun." Her: "Either have I, that sounds like a great idea." Of course, the first girl I said this to it was true. But, not the other 5 times.

craig

p.s. Rollerskating was much more fun as a kid. I was very disappointed when they played modern songs. I deluded myself into thinking they would play the same music.

NLSoldier
12-06-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's the crucial one:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I first moved to Portland, I really didn't know anybody. All I used was myspace. It was pretty easy. Of course, Portland girls are sluts, and if I would have known this, I might not have used myspace at all. Then again, I don't like going to bars to meet girls, so it worked out in the end. Plus, you would be amazed at how many 23-28 year old girls want to go roller skating. I think I went to the crappy Portland roller skating rink 6 times from myspace dates. Her: "Well, what do you want to do/where meet". Me: "Oh man, I haven't been roller skating since I was like 13. That would be so fun." Her: "Either have I, that sounds like a great idea." Of course, the first girl I said this to it was true. But, not the other 5 times.

craig

p.s. Rollerskating was much more fun as a kid. I was very disappointed when they played modern songs. I deluded myself into thinking they would play the same music.

[/ QUOTE ]
didnt you say in a thread yesterday that you were married? how long has myspace been around?

Cunning Linguist
12-06-2005, 06:16 PM
Nez Rouge and Aylmer... sounds like you were somewhere near Ottawa? Where exactly did you go?

What is this bar you speak so highly of?

Boris
12-06-2005, 06:17 PM
I think it was him not gettting ripped with her and her family that doomed his chances of reaching the poontang.

craig r
12-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Without going into great detail: married, was going to get divorce, moved to portland, stayed for 4-5 months, then came back to reconcile.

craig

NLSoldier
12-06-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Without going into great detail: married, was going to get divorce, moved to portland, stayed for 4-5 months, then came back to reconcile.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh i see. thx for the clarification.

CollinEstes
What doomed him is he didn't win over the friend.

Rule #1: When going on an early date with a girl and a group of her friends for the first time, you have to spend AT LEAST 70% of your time trying to fit into the dynamic of the group. If it is obivious that one person in that group is the best-friend then you have to focus your sights on her/him. If they like you sex is not far off.

ZeroPointMachine
This is a clear cut case of failing the friend test. You were brought to the bar with all these people you don't know, but whose opinions were very important to her, so she could get their approval. Whether or not you could have done more to impress the jury is hard to say, but by your own admission you shut down.

Boris
12-06-2005, 06:25 PM
yea good point. I was going to recommend not hanging out with her friends until the relationship was more firmly established. That way you can fight the propaganda war more easily. But like you said, if you do get stuck with the friends then you almost have to have more game than it took to get with her in the first place.

CollinEstes
12-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Yeah no doubt. Jumping into a friend setting before establishing a strong relationship with the girl is always the kiss of death, unless you are just one of those people who can jump into any group and be accepted quickly.

B Dids
12-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Craig is quickly taking bad beatz's role as the best old poster who just started owning OOT, that is all.

NLSoldier
12-06-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Craig is quickly taking bad beatz's role as the best old poster who just started owning OOT, that is all.

[/ QUOTE ]
ive noticed this too.

craig r
12-06-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah no doubt. Jumping into a friend setting before establishing a strong relationship with the girl is always the kiss of death, unless you are just one of those people who can jump into any group and be accepted quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is key for going to a bar solo and picking up a girl. You have to be able to be friendly to everybody. Plus, that shows confidence (which is real important when you have no looks such as I) and that you have some "balls" (though I am lacking in that area as well). I don't know why people have such a hard time with meeting girls. I am not good looking by any means, yet, it is so easy. Also, these aren't big girls either or ugly ones. Ahhhh..maybe they aren't that bright. That must be it.

craig

IndieMatty
12-06-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been really busy, but I've meant to say this. I don't know where he has been but Craigs posts are rocking.

craig r
12-06-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been really busy, but I've meant to say this. I don't know where he has been but Craigs posts are rocking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks guys. Being made a moderator is like cocaine, it offers a false sense of confidence and power. I am the mod of two forums, so it is more like crack.

craig

p.s. But, don't worry, pretty soon I will be on my knees, with no teeth, praying for another fix.

Ulysses
12-06-2005, 06:50 PM
All:

Can someone make a "calling badbeetz" alert signal? His input is needed her, because that kid fks about 9 chicks a week from MySpace, Friendster, Craigslist, or whatever the f other online place you can think of.

He may be even better than the legendary jason_t.

eviljeff
12-06-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ that's gay

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny for the reader...

[/ QUOTE ]

this adds absolutely no information at all

bernie
12-06-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So her Mommy and Daddy didn't mind that some random Internet dude was sleeping with their daughter in their house?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Nah, her parents were pretty cool, open people. Guess they figured it was safer in their home than at mine. Who knows?

[/ QUOTE ]

Her parents are idiots.

b

-Skeme-
12-06-2005, 07:05 PM
SHES FAT DUDE

craig r
12-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Here is the part I don't understand: The whole purpose of myspace, at least for me, is so I don't have to do anything. I can basically "hit on" the girl without showering, shaving, or even putting pants on. Then, the other good part is you can choose girls in your vicinity. You talk to them on the phone (knowing that they put the best pictures they have ever taken of themselves up..so you know you aren't talking to the same person you think you are) and they find out you are not a creep, you are so charming and smart because you can make obscure references to pop culture and politics. At this point you are totally in. So, now you barely had to put any effort into it and it is almost a sure deal. The biggest problem, is you now have to shave and shower (and try your hardest to look like your best picture taken). So, it seems that the biggest problem wasn't that you didn't "score", but that you traveled a million miles to do something you could have done from the comfort of your own home.

craig

Awesemo
12-06-2005, 07:15 PM
I'd just like to point out to you that you can't just go for the pussy while making out. Her shirt should be off by the time you are doing that. Your moves have to take a logical progression. First, touch her nonsexual parts. Next, the ass. Then, the boobs. The next move you take her shirt off. Kiss the exposed areas of her breasts. Then take the bra off. Then you attend to the nipples and breasts more. Then you can go for the pussy. Remember to take her pants and panties off at the same time, otherwise taking the panties off is going to be a lot more trouble; however you should only do this when she is aroused enough for sex.

Caveat: You shouldn't actually follow this progression step to step. You have to take steps backwards, but I wouldn't ever jump a step.

craig r
12-06-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd just like to point out to you that you can't just go for the pussy while making out. Her shirt should be off by the time you are doing that. Your moves have to take a logical progression. First, touch her nonsexual parts. Next, the ass. Then, the boobs. The next move you take her shirt off. Kiss the exposed areas of her breasts. Then take the bra off. Then you attend to the nipples and breasts more. Then you can go for the pussy. Remember to take her pants and panties off at the same time, otherwise taking the panties off is going to be a lot more trouble; however you should only do this when she is aroused enough for sex.

Caveat: You shouldn't actually follow this progression step to step. You have to take steps backwards, but I wouldn't ever jump a step.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, you need to write romance novels.

craig

The Yugoslavian
12-06-2005, 07:28 PM
Nice report!

Way to keep it real and just be authentic.

And don't worry about 'sucking at women.' I somehow went to a scrippa club with a chick from MySpace and didn't even 'try to touch the breast.' /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Oh, and I also recently banged hookers in Amsterdam and didn't splooge once, /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Just keep on keepin' on and do what you gotta do.

Yugoslav

craig r
12-06-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
just keep on keepin' on

[/ QUOTE ]

did someone else write this part for you when you stepped away from the computer?

craig

diebitter
12-06-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice report!

Way to keep it real and just be authentic.

And don't worry about 'sucking at women.' I somehow went to a scrippa club with a chick from MySpace and didn't even 'try to touch the breast.' /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Oh, and I also recently banged hookers in Amsterdam and didn't splooge once, /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Just keep on keepin' on and do what you gotta do.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

How is Chica, BTW?

SL__72
12-06-2005, 07:35 PM
ETA on someone directing her to this thread?
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lighterjobs
12-06-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what a [censored] bitch.

Amid Cent
12-06-2005, 07:54 PM
If she's still planning on coming to see you soon, make it very clear what you expect. I'm not joking about this...if you have no intentions of making this a long term relationship, you can say that unless she plans on giving up the goods, there's no reason for her to visit.

12-06-2005, 07:54 PM
Post deleted by astroglide

Georgia Avenue
12-06-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any minute now...wait for it...

After viewing the pages: The worst part is that she seemed really interested before he showed up...she's counting down the days in his profile's comments...so, really, he must have done something to piss her off. There must be something more, something he's not telling us...

That's it. Somebody with a myspace account send her a PM with the link! TURN ON THE OOT SIGNAL!

(Don't really. OK go ahead. Wait, don't...my moral compass is spinning...)

NLSoldier
12-06-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

9 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

::grabs popcorn::

captZEEbo1
12-06-2005, 08:01 PM
hey yako, good story! Better luck next time, I think you did pretty well though.

SHOUTOUT FROM PD gaming!

edit: nobody direct people to this thread, that's so stupid. Don't punish people for sharing stories on OOT; that'd be really lame if that'd stop.

eviljeff
12-06-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's odd that her parents are cool with random internet boy visiting and [censored] their daughter.

[/ QUOTE ]

just realized you're Canadian. are Canadians more chill about this type of stuff?

eviljeff
12-06-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

9 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

::grabs popcorn::

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? it's not like she's going to open an account and post. where's the source of entertainment?

Ulysses
12-06-2005, 08:07 PM
badbeetz,

Where are you?

BreakEvenPlayer
12-06-2005, 08:10 PM
I live for Myspace threads.

bad beetz
12-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Except for maybe the rural Midwest, everyone is ok with it now.

I remember three years ago when someone at a party was like, "Hey, beetz's name!, I heard you met your girlfriend on the internet......" .... chirp.... chirp chirp (record scratches) *tumbleweed*.

Oh, they laughed...... They had their fun..

NOW LITTLE DID THEY KNOW THAT I SAW THE FUTURE AND NOW I AM THE INTERNET DATING KING.

I need to write a book.

Klepton
12-06-2005, 08:39 PM
this is gonna get good really fast.

12-06-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's it. Somebody with a myspace account send her a PM with the link! TURN ON THE OOT SIGNAL!

[/ QUOTE ]

Done! Hopefuly she speaks english cause I sure as hell dont speak french.

(Yes, I know I'm an ass)

diebitter
12-06-2005, 08:47 PM
'Yako Trainwreck' has a certain ring to it.

IronDragon1
12-06-2005, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Trainwreck 2, anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean just myspace trainwrecks or trainwreck trainwrecks?

diebitter
12-06-2005, 08:51 PM
I edited. I would say for clarity, but that's not the truth. It's really because I came up with a slightly less lame descriptor that may fit future unfolding events.

bad beetz
12-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Well, I think our goals are different, I don’t know how much advice I can give here…..

But I’d like to try

Typically the first internet date should *ALWAYS* be drinks. That way, if it turns out she’s the most boring person ever or perhaps gave you a fake picture and is in fact, Sasquatch, you can politely finish your drink and politely excuse yourself. One drink, one hour invested. If you go for dinner, you’re more invested…. Etc. IF YOU GO FOR A WEEKEND….. Well you see….. Meeting her parents should be outright out of the question. That is insanity…..

However if sounds as though you have no choice. What are you to do, she lives far away, right? Other than putting too much faith into this event I don’t think you botched anything. If it wasn’t meant to be it wasn’t meant to be. When she goes straight to bed instead of fooling around it means she’s already made some sort of decision and it’s probably already over…… When she says she’s “not sure” about visiting you it means she’s not and that it is DEFINITELY over….. But the important part is that that’s….. OK! Move on…… The internet sea is a large and bountiful and wondrous, magical, whimsical place with all types of wonderful specie and flora.

So if you live in a large metropolitan area, just don’t do this outside of an hour [censored] anymore. Also, get proactive; don’t wait for chicks to come to you! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! It’s a numbers game, baby! Get o out there. You talk to 50 chicks in a bar you’re going to get your feelings hurt when some reject you (and then all once you get past 10, because well, it will be kind of obvious what you’re doing)…. But online, baby? Come on!! You send out 100 canned responses you think you’re going to feel bad when you only get 7 responses??? [censored] NO!!! you’ll be delighted! That’s like 5 dates there! YOU can’t do that in a bar, baby!

Anyway, this advice was in haste as I was summoned and just took a nap, but I have more and wish to give it to OOT, my brethren.

Would anyone be interested in an online dating FAQ?

Baby?

Baby I love you OOT.. I ... love you.... I'LL [censored] KILL YOU HARLETT I'LL [censored] KILLLLLL.....

I'm sorry baby.... It's just ... I love you so much...

I love you so much it's just.. I get crazy, you know baby?

MY FINAL PIECE OF ADVICE!

1. girls love it when you say sweet things like

A. "I'll make you love me," and
B. "If I can't have you know one can!"

siccjay
12-06-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

miajag81
12-06-2005, 08:56 PM
From her blog:

The weekend was good.. But I think you should stop asking yourself questions. Somethings just don't work out the way we planned them. You didn't necessarily do something wrong.. It just didn't happen. Nothing bad.

I just hope you don't take this in a bad way.. You need to stop thinking that you might have done something wrong. Because you didn't. It's just me.

diebitter
12-06-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

1. girls love it when you say sweet things like

A. "I'll make you love me," and
B. "If I can't have you no one can!"

[/ QUOTE ]

C. "It puts the lotion on its skin..."

Klepton
12-06-2005, 09:00 PM
you have much knowledge in you.

siccjay
12-06-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Except for maybe the rural Midwest, everyone is ok with it now.

I remember three years ago when someone at a party was like, "Hey, beetz's name!, I heard you met your girlfriend on the internet......" .... chirp.... chirp chirp (record scratches) *tumbleweed*.

Oh, they laughed...... They had their fun..

NOW LITTLE DID THEY KNOW THAT I SAW THE FUTURE AND NOW I AM THE INTERNET DATING KING.

I need to write a book.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I met my first internet chick in 1997. Damn that was a long time ago. The people talking down on it back then are the ones all over it now.

12-06-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From her blog:

The weekend was good.. But I think you should stop asking yourself questions. Somethings just don't work out the way we planned them. You didn't necessarily do something wrong.. It just didn't happen. Nothing bad.

I just hope you don't take this in a bad way.. You need to stop thinking that you might have done something wrong. Because you didn't. It's just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Did someone post Myspace links in this thread and I missed them?

Good report, takes guts to post that here.

miajag81
12-06-2005, 09:08 PM
I don't think anyone posted links; I just did a bit of very basic detective work.

astroglide
12-06-2005, 09:18 PM
yes somebody posted links

don't post them pls, i want this thread to stay here

ClaytonN
12-06-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes somebody posted links

don't post them pls, i want this thread to stay here

[/ QUOTE ]

so we don't want another chuddo?

12-06-2005, 09:22 PM
oh poor yako /images/graemlins/frown.gif next time /images/graemlins/smile.gif

when i was much younger i dated a girl for 2 week. I really sucked at that time at everything. and it became obvious she didnt like me for a boyfriend. One of the worst thing that made her feel like that was that I had no ambition in life. The other worst thing, among all things was how non-social I was with her friend. . But since that day I understood you have to be liked by the girl's friend and then your chance improve greatly. I woudn't even go as far as to say they have to like you, but you have to show confidence and take a stand.

to quote you

After that, we go out to the coolest bar I've ever been to. I wish there was a place like it where I live, I think I'd live there... The thing is though, that we go with a bunch of people I don't know (again!), and with a less than stellar sitting arrangement, I'm left with no one to talk too...

"
Picture this:

Brother - Brother's GF - Me - Random Guy #1 - Girl - Random Guy #2

"

This is like WTF ??? Ljowajdoiwa;msad ;ksad . Now you had to find a way to be next to her, else you will never talk and just stand there and do nothing ( with all the music its even worst ), that was your hope to screw her pussy as things were geting out of control. But the real problem is why didn't she sit beside you ??? as its oibvious you were too shy to ask the guy to move, but she was not she she was with her people . Now its obvious the problem came from before, and its as I think probably how you acted with the unknown scrub guys before. Well at least its what I thaught, that and the fact you are way too nice /images/graemlins/wink.gif thats never good believe me ! never ! not at our age at least , its sad but its the truth /images/graemlins/frown.gif you have to hide your true kindness for like 6 month, wow what a bunch of nonsense

astroglide
12-07-2005, 02:47 AM
yako requested this one

craig r
12-07-2005, 08:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yako requested this one

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the thread I notified you about the link. I did not think there was any reason for this girl to get harassed by OOT.

craig

B Dids
12-07-2005, 11:43 AM
It might be good to pm the twits who thought it would be funny to contact her on myspace and let them know that it's not cool.

astroglide
12-07-2005, 12:59 PM
yeah, you did notify me about the link and i nailed it

mat has expressed to me that 2+2 does have legal concerns about such posts

[censored]
12-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Man this was a great thread and she be back in OOT. We need to rethink the myspace policy. It's a public internet site and so is this. If people post a myspace story they should in no way be able to later request it be moved because it makes its way over to the myspace-ie. Also there isn't anything wrong that I can see with linking to the myspace account or linking to the thread within the myspace account.

people are adults who [censored] up and post about it, and then we all get to laugh and try and ruin their life over it. Let's not mess with a good formula.

B Dids
12-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Dude- read the post right above yours. Then go read mine in the Diablo thread.

Having OOT not be a place to just dump on women=good thing.

[censored]
12-08-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude- read the post right above yours. Then go read mine in the Diablo thread.

Having OOT not be a place to just dump on women=good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't really see any place where she got dumped on though. He told the story and someone I guess linked to it. I just don't see it as a big deal in conjuction with having a myspace account. It would be different if searching her out went beyond that IMO.

ON the note of dumping on women I agree and I was the one who insituted the no using terms like whore, [censored] etc towards female posters. this just doesn't rise to that level IMO

Evan
12-08-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Man this was a great thread and she be back in OOT. We need to rethink the myspace policy. It's a public internet site and so is this. If people post a myspace story they should in no way be able to later request it be moved because it makes its way over to the myspace-ie. Also there isn't anything wrong that I can see with linking to the myspace account or linking to the thread within the myspace account.

people are adults who [censored] up and post about it, and then we all get to laugh and try and ruin their life over it. Let's not mess with a good formula.

[/ QUOTE ]
Man, you have been on since your hiatus!

craig r
12-08-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if I went out with a girl one time that I met on Myspace and post her link, people should be able to harass her? Obviously you don't think people should harass her, but you know that they would.

On the other hand, Yako wanting the thread moved, I really have no thoughts on that. But, there is zero reason that some "innocent" person should have to be harassed because she didn't (or did) bang some guy.

craig

[censored]
12-09-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if I went out with a girl one time that I met on Myspace and post her link, people should be able to harass her? Obviously you don't think people should harass her, but you know that they would.

On the other hand, Yako wanting the thread moved, I really have no thoughts on that. But, there is zero reason that some "innocent" person should have to be harassed because she didn't (or did) bang some guy.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

She's on myspace regardless if her link is posted in 2+2 or not. Therefore is people want harass her they can and will regardless of any actions 2+2 takes. She is free to remove herself from myspace at anytime. The only question relevant to 2+2 is if everytime a link to myspace is put up are we going to remove entire threads because of something myspace users who also happen to be 2+2 users may do. I think this is ridiculous at its very nature.

Also its not harassment at all, which is a legal term with a set definition. It may be bothering, it may be annoying and it may be childish and offensive but its not harassment and let's not pretend that it is.

Also as I understand it a myspace makes first chooses to put up a profile which is accessible by the public, the user also chooses to make a blog and allow people to post on and contant them. These choices have consequences both good anc bad.

I think we should worry about 2+2 and let myspace decide if any comments posted on their site should be dealt with.

craig r
12-09-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

She's on myspace regardless if her link is posted in 2+2 or not. Therefore is people want harass her they can and will regardless of any actions 2+2 takes. She is free to remove herself from myspace at anytime. The only question relevant to 2+2 is if everytime a link to myspace is put up are we going to remove entire threads because of something myspace users who also happen to be 2+2 users may do. I think this is ridiculous at its very nature.

Also its not harassment at all, which is a legal term with a set definition. It may be bothering, it may be annoying and it may be childish and offensive but its not harassment and let's not pretend that it is.

Also as I understand it a myspace makes first chooses to put up a profile which is accessible by the public, the user also chooses to make a blog and allow people to post on and contant them. These choices have consequences both good anc bad.

I think we should worry about 2+2 and let myspace decide if any comments posted on their site should be dealt with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess I can't win this "argument" no matter what. I think after everytime some nerd on 2+2 gets laid, he should be allowed to put out the girl's myspace link, email, and phone #. Then she can get tons of calls and emails and be told she is a whore (or if she doesn't fck him a 'tease'). Why should we (as human beings or as a website) care about somebody else's feelings? In fact, since it isn't legally harassment, 2+2 shouldn't even worry about it.

Seriously man, how could you think it was okay that some dork like Yako who couldn't fck some girl that he traveled 1000 miles to bang, be allowed to post her link out of anger (I know he didn't post the link; just an example). I agree there is a difference between "annoying" and "harrasing", but we can't really decide for each individual person which is which.

Like I said, I don't expect you to agree with me on this, but why should somebody else have to change their life because of our site?

Also, people are less likely to harass her if her link isn't posted on a public message board. Yes, myspace is public, but your sentence makes it seem as if we have no control over harassment.

craig

[censored]
12-09-2005, 12:54 AM
well first let's seperate phone number and address from myspace account as I don't see them as the same thing.

If two people agree to use a public site like myspace to meet people they don't know and then allow anyone to post comments on thier profile or attain access to their email (from the profile) I don't think its up to us as moderators to decide that our users should be able to see the link and post on the profile if they choose to. It's her profile and it's myspace's site. You talk about her feelings yet, we have no idea how she feels. Now chances are she wasn't happy, but maybe she would want to see the thread about the date and if she is unhappy with the comments she is free to remove or just restrict posting access. Its not as if she is unable to stop the comments. She can even allow access to only those she invites to her blog. What goes on there, regardless of how tastless it is should be grounds to move threads.

Now the question is should myspace profiles be linked to. Again I can't see one reasonable arguement against doing so. Myspace is a public site where people willing choose to put up a profile with as much or as little information as they choose. In many ways it is like any other website avaiable on the internet and I don't think it should be treated differently.

When this whole putting pics of girls up the initial policy was that if the pics and information was already in the public domain (like myspace) posting it was fine, if it was not in the public domain then it should be removed.

Again since we can only control 2+2 we should only look at what happens on 2+2. In this case we have a poster telling a story of events in his life (fine) and then later linking to a website available to the public as a whole (also fine).

I really don't like the movement I see be taking place where we are going so far out of way to make sure no girl ever gets her feelings hurt that we are pulling the trigger on the slightest thing even though A) the posts are not vulgar, pornographic or otherwise outside the nature of 2+2 posts and B) against the wishes of the majority of our users.

show me a post where someone post a girls number, email, address or private pics and I will say delete and ban. Linking to a myspace account is nowhere near that and since the myspace user has the ability to remedy anything that happens on their profile I don't see it as our job to play knight in shining armor. It's the worst kind of polictical correctness in my opinion.

craig r
12-09-2005, 01:13 AM
Fine, all that aside, you don't think that people posting links to myspace profiles could pose potential problems for 2+2?

craig

[censored]
12-09-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fine, all that aside, you don't think that people posting links to myspace profiles could pose potential problems for 2+2?

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Im certainly willing to entertain the possibility but for the most part no I don't. Linking to a myspace profile on a message board does in no way implicate the owner's of said message board if all we are talking about is linking the message board and posting things within 2+2 that do not otherwise violate any laws.

For example I could post a link to a myspace profile and say the girl is a fat cow and a whore. now would this be distasteful, immature and an all around [censored] thing to do? absolutely but would it bring in sort of trouble to 2+2. I don't believe so.

Additionally, commenting on the myspace profile from what I understand requires a myspace account. Thus any comments are now coming from myspace users and not 2+2 users (even though as we know they are the same person) it is therefore the duty myspace and/or the user to deal with them as they see fit.

To me this comes down to over stepping our bounds when its not needed. A user is telling a story and linking to public website. This is what is occurring on 2+2 and this is what we should concern ourselves with. Neither of which has ever been grounds for removal of threads.

Anything that happens (and of course it will) off 2+2 may be distastful and offensive but I don't think its our place to say linking to sites which are not offensive (like child porn or something like a virus) is against the rules.

And again the myspace user has the ultimate ability to control what and who posts on their blog and also they can control whether or not their profile is up.

Mat Sklansky
12-09-2005, 02:13 AM
I don't have a strong opinion yet, but there is one important thing to keep in mind: getting sued costs us (Mason) a lot of money even if we win. If there has been a precedence for such suits (as I have heard there has been) then it's not worth the risk.

In a case where a poster asks us to remove his links to my space, I think the request should be granted immediately. If nobody complains, I suspect this diminishes any risk quite a bit.

Just in case I wasn't clear. I worry that if poster's request is denied and he reports this to the girl in question, she may think this is enough reason to sue.

[censored]
12-09-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a strong opinion yet, but there is one important thing to keep in mind: getting sued costs us (Mason) a lot of money even if we win. If there has been a precedence for such suits (as I have heard there has been) then it's not worth the risk.

In a case where a poster asks us to remove his links to my space, I think the request should be granted immediately. If nobody complains, I suspect this diminishes any risk quite a bit.

Just in case I wasn't clear. I worry that if poster's request is denied and he reports this to the girl in question, she may think this is enough reason to sue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could we then delete the solo post in question without having to remove the entire thread?

Mat Sklansky
12-09-2005, 02:31 AM
Certainly long threads can be edited rather than deleted, if it seems worth the effort.

astroglide
12-09-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Could we then delete the solo post in question without having to remove the entire thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

that's exactly what i did here. i only moved the thread into the mod forum after yako requested that it be deleted, but there was a decent time gap between those events.

the girl contacted him to let him know that somebody told her about the thread and she was pissed.

Mike Haven
12-10-2005, 06:54 AM
I don't mean to try to teach my grandmother to suck eggs, because most of you will be much more computer-au fait than me, but it occurs to me that if in future you don't mind threads like this without the innocent female (or male) becoming involved you should insist that the original poster does not link photos direct from myspace, but uses imageshack instead. This would stop all but the most persistent stalkers in their tracks.

In this particular case, when you right-click on the girl's photo, you get the link http://myspace-792.vo.llnwd.net/00325/29/79/325489792_l.jpg

If you then go to google/images and search for http://myspace-792.vo.llnwd.net you will probably be directed straight to her blog, after a short further hunt through the photos that show up.

(In fact, I couldn't find the blog after a cursory search, but that is likely to mean that she has taken the photo down because of this very risk, after being subjected to the hassle.)

Evan
12-10-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't mean to try to teach my grandmother to suck eggs, because most of you will be much more computer-au fait than me

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow.