PDA

View Full Version : Am I betting for value on the river

12-06-2005, 05:12 PM
ok, the table I'm playing at is pretty loose, 70% players see the flop. villian is loose pretty passive. Sometimes likes to pull c/r with air on turn and river.

5handed .5/1
hero has Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif in the BB

preflop:
villian calls, 1 call, 1 fold, SB completes, hero checks

flop:4 SB
TQ9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks hero bets, villian calls, rest fold

turn: 3 BB
5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
hero bets, villian calls

river:5 BB
T /images/graemlins/heart.gif
hero bets

what do you think of my line? I think a c/c or even a c/f on the river could be appropriate. So I guess my real question is how often a donk have a spade here?

SnglMaltScotch
12-06-2005, 05:16 PM
I think that I check call this. You are not getting a better hand to fold, you are easily getting raised by any T or spades (If I read the flop right to say that it was 2 spades), and you would have to fold to a raise.

I would cc and get to showdown and hope that he bluffs at your river check.

Thoughts.

MrWookie47
12-06-2005, 05:19 PM
Without reading your post, I'm going to vote yes.

Edit: Upon reading your post, it's actually different from most posts with that title. Is that a four flush board? I think you could even c/f this river.

EvanJC
12-06-2005, 05:20 PM
looks like a pretty good spot to bet/fold, but i'd probably end up bet/calling and hating myself. check/folding i think is pretty bad

12-06-2005, 05:23 PM
I didn't even realize the ten paired up on teh board, /images/graemlins/confused.gif what if on the river came the 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif or some blank. Is it still a c/c?

imported_leader
12-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Looks good

jba
12-06-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are not getting a better hand to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

correct, no way in hell

[ QUOTE ]
you are easily getting raised by any T or spades (If I read the flop right to say that it was 2 spades), and you would have to fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this 100% also

[ QUOTE ]

you're also getting called by a metric fuckton of hands that you beat

[/ QUOTE ]

oh wait you never said that /images/graemlins/smile.gif

yeah easy river bet, he's going to call with a ton of hands here.

edit: oh wait there are four spades? I got the impression there was only one /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the flop. I check/fold the river.

SnglMaltScotch
12-06-2005, 05:29 PM
Please clarify the board so that we can give better answer. How many spades are there. I read as 3. If there are 4 this is a c/f if 3 a c/c if 2 a b/f.

27offsooot
12-06-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please clarify the board so that we can give better answer. How many spades are there. I read as 3. If there are 4 this is a c/f if 3 a c/c if 2 a b/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would b/f three spades also, But it's an easy c/f on a four spade board. I don't think that would be even close.

jba
12-06-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I would b/f three spades also, But it's an easy c/f on a four spade board. I don't think that would be even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

POKhER
12-06-2005, 05:42 PM
I vote bet/fold, He will clearly bluff you if you check to him on a 4spade board...

He will raise with everything he beats you with.

He may call with crap.

He may fold a T /images/graemlins/blush.gif ?

He may call a spade and whop you but thats life.

"I read as 3. If there are 4 this is a c/f if 3 a c/c if 2 a b/f. " Hehe that was such a hard thing to read.

27offsooot
12-06-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I vote bet/fold, He will clearly bluff you if you check to him on a 4spade board...

He will raise with everything he beats you with.

He may call with crap.

He may fold a T /images/graemlins/blush.gif ?

He may call a spade and whop you but thats life.

"I read as 3. If there are 4 this is a c/f if 3 a c/c if 2 a b/f. " Hehe that was such a hard thing to read.

[/ QUOTE ]

He called a four spade turn. Your chances of being ahead after the turn are slim, after he bets the river, they're virtually zero. He's not going to bluff the river. Especially at .5/1, i can't imagine him bluffing here. What are u hoping to get called by on the river here? You say he might fold a 10, which means that u expect him to call with what, a 9? That part seems very inconsistent.

Basically, if there are 4 spades:

C/F >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> B/F > C/C

gonzopro
12-06-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He called a four spade turn. Your chances of being ahead after the turn are slim, after he bets the river, they're virtually zero.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely agree. If villian was going to bluff this pot he was going to do it on the turn. I think we see a middle spade here at showdown a lot.

12-06-2005, 06:44 PM
ah...a moron like this is capable of showing some trash but lets look at the hand further...
he may have a spade...
the 10 just 2 paired
the draw didnt come
your play is -ev because his call is a winner a ton of the time, only his 9 holding/calling is paying you off...
cdl

12-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Yossalah, I am grunching you know?

After villain calls the turn, I think he has a spade, at least often enough to make a river bet -EV in this pot. Bet/Fold will not work here either, because he will probably call any spade up to the J, and not raising. If he does raise, your read says he could have air. I am strongly leaning towards c/f in this pot because it is small and there are bigger better pots to value bet this particular villain. Go get 'em!!