PDA

View Full Version : 555 flop vs a PRF

Alobar
12-06-2005, 05:09 PM
villian is the same 22/15/2 guy from the other hand. still no other reads (Cuz I suck /images/graemlins/frown.gif )

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>

honest to god, I had no idea what to do here, I just kinda stared at my screen and went "uh....", it was really kinda weird. I felt like folding, OOP vs a decent MP raiser in a smallish pot, with a kicker that doesnt give me more outs if im behind. But that retarded lag part of my brain was like "omg! you have A high!". This hand really made me feel like I suck at poker.

Spicymoose
12-06-2005, 05:12 PM
You are still ahead of a bunch of his range I think. I think I check raise the flop. If you know he will continue his bet on the turn, maybe a turn check raise is in order?

I also could see calling the flop and donking the turn.

I think I check raise the flop as a default though.

TStoneMBD
12-06-2005, 05:17 PM
id take it to the felt. if he was a hijack raiser itd be more interesting imo. your hand is good against his range.

someone pokerstove this hand range of his on this board:

JTo+
QTo+
K9o+
K8s+
Q8s+
A6o+
A3s+
44+
78s+
8Ts+

Spicymoose
12-06-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
id take it to the felt. if he was a hijack raiser itd be more interesting imo. your hand is good against his range.

someone pokerstove this hand range of his on this board:

JTo+
QTo+
K9o+
K8s+
Q8s+
A6o+
A3s+
44+
78s+
8Ts+

[/ QUOTE ]

Too lazy to do it yourself? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Your equity is 52%, which is actually lower than I originally thought.

DeathDonkey
12-06-2005, 05:25 PM
How about check/call check/call check/fold.

-DeathDonkey

Spicymoose
12-06-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate that line. First of all kings may decide to bet all the way UI. Second of all, other aces easily could do that. We could be ahead of weak aces, and depending on what other cards come, we could be chopping with high aces. Lastly some idiot may decide to bet the river with worse than a king.

TStoneMBD
12-06-2005, 05:31 PM
pokerstove doesnt work on my computer

jba
12-06-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pokerstove doesnt work on my computer

[/ QUOTE ]

cheers (http://www.propokertools.com/simulator/simulationEditor.jsp)

DeathDonkey
12-06-2005, 05:43 PM
The guy is 22/15/2 I think "some idiot" does not apply. If I were the idiot and I got checkraised here I would call and raise the turn with any number of hands, many the OP beats. I think OP needs to avoid that exact situation.

-DeathDonkey

TStoneMBD
12-06-2005, 05:43 PM
thanks jba thats great =]

Entity
12-06-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate that line. First of all kings may decide to bet all the way UI. Second of all, other aces easily could do that. We could be ahead of weak aces, and depending on what other cards come, we could be chopping with high aces. Lastly some idiot may decide to bet the river with worse than a king.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the reads. I know we have to do a bit of extrapolation here but I think J-high is giving up quite soon.

Rob

Spicymoose
12-06-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The guy is 22/15/2 I think "some idiot" does not apply. If I were the idiot and I got checkraised here I would call and raise the turn with any number of hands, many the OP beats. I think OP needs to avoid that exact situation.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, check raising definetly may be wrong. I really don't think we can fold this though.

MarkD
12-06-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

I check call this all the way to the river. I see no other way to play it.

My reasoning?
- I don't want to fold.
- There is little chance of me making a better hand fold on any street (except possible A8, A9, AT... I doubt AJ-AK fold anywhere)
- Checking may induce worse hands to bet for me
- Free cards don't hurt me tremendously.

12-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Your pre-flop play is inconsistent with your decision on the flop. You should either be folding pre-flop or calling and taking this sort of board to showdown automatically.

MarkD
12-06-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your pre-flop play is inconsistent with your decision on the flop. You should either be folding pre-flop or calling and taking this sort of board to showdown automatically.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? How is my pre-flop play inconsistent with my flop decision? You aren't making sense to me. I said that I would take this hand to showdown on this flop.

12-06-2005, 07:42 PM
Hmm, ace high might be good and if the villian has a higher ace, there's a number of cards that could make it a split. Maybe treat it like the weak made ace line, c/c, c/c, bet?. The river's the tough one for me OOP. I hate checking and letting him bet a small pair for value. I also don't like betting the river and getting raised.

12-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Not you, the OP. I don't see why you'd call thinking you're good against his range and then not call down thinking you're a dog against his range.

DeathDonkey
12-06-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a huge oversimplification. I'll call preflop with 56s here, I don't think I have the best hand at the time. Things change.

-DeathDonkey

TStoneMBD
12-06-2005, 10:16 PM
cc cc bet line makes no sense whatsoever. villain isnt going to call the river with weaker hands other than weaker aces perhaps and youll sometimes get bluffraised.

Drontier
12-06-2005, 10:28 PM
interesting hand. MP is CO here. In that case I think check calling down is good. if MP was not CO, I think a check/fold is in order. A 22/15 CO raiser we have good equity vs, but actually significantly worse equity vs a MP raiser.