PDA

View Full Version : KQo turn decision at 3/6 (6-max)

Superfluous Man
12-06-2005, 05:01 PM
After making a nice tournament score, I've been trying to improve my NL cash game. It's not working so far, down a couple grand in rather limited playing time; mostly due to bad play, being tired when playing, and bad table selection. I'll probably drop to 2/4 before I donk it all away. Anyway, enough whining. I'll try to do this one from memory, as I'm not home at the moment.

I have K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the BB and $680 behind.

It's folded around to the SB ($500 or so). My read on him is that he's pretty straightforward. He has a strange habit of minbetting the flop, but he's been betting bigger on the flop as of late. About 10 hands ago, he potted the flop, I called, and he proceeded to check/fold the blank turn.

Preflop: SB completes, Hero raises to $18, SB calls ($12).
Flop ($36): Q/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif
SB bets $20, Hero raises to $90, SB calls $70.
When he calls, I put him on either a flush draw or a queen.
Turn ($216): J/images/graemlins/club.gif
SB bets $153, Hero ???

Bad card, as QJ's gotten there, as have the flush draws. But, I do have the redraw to the 2nd nut flush, and possibly 3 K outs. Oh, and also those ace outs. Suggestions?

swarm
12-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Re-raise more preflop make it at least 24, good raise on the flop.

He hit his hand every draw got there, and you could be drawing dead. You have re-raised villan twice (preflop and flop) and he is only getting more aggressive on the turn. Let it go.

Superfluous Man
12-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Hmm, for some reason I don't remember having straight draws, but I can't seem to think of how this hand would be different. Carry on, nothing to see here...this is the last time I post from memory /images/graemlins/crazy.gif.