PDA

View Full Version : Flop the 2nd nuts Line check

AcesUp2121
12-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Like the 2nd hand at this table
6 max $200 NL on Party
Effective stacks $200

Hero is in Big blind with 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
2 limpers and I check
Flop:
A /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif
I lead for $7, first limper makes it $25, I just call planning to checkraise allin on a blank turn. (?)

Turn: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Some blank.
I check/call $50.

River: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Check check.

Blah.

swarm
12-06-2005, 05:05 PM
Pretty standard line to me...

I personally like betting 3/4 pot on the river and folding to a raise, very few villans are capable of bluffing with this board at this level. If he has a hand that you beat he is going to bet 3/4 pot anyway and you are going to call so going into check/call mode on the river doesn't save any money.

AdamBragar
12-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Is the limper going to limp with AK or AJ? I really wouldn't worry about AK here. AJ is the only hand you fear then, and that probably isn't so likely. I'd probably bet 75 on the river.

However, I'd generally check/call the flop if you plan on checkraising the turn. As you played it, it seems very likely you have a flush on the flop from betting out of the BB and then just calling a raise.

Big_Jim
12-06-2005, 05:08 PM
3-bet flop.

Turn.. whatever. I think I still lead here a fair amount.

Definately bet/call river. Seems pretty damn unlikely he limped AK/AJ/AA/KK/JJ

Edit: On second thought... I think it's so unlikely you're beat here, I don't mind going broke on any street. Raise, re-raise, etc...

scdavis0
12-06-2005, 05:09 PM
3-bet flop