PDA

View Full Version : How do you send a "Shortcut to Desktop" with Firefox?

Rick Nebiolo
12-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Now that my computer seems to be running OK (fingers crossed) I decided to reorganize.

For the last few years I've had three or four browsers on my system but with this reorg decided to use Firefox as my default browser and other browsers less. The one thing I miss so far from MS Internet Explorer 6.0 is the ability to send a shortcut of a link to the desktop (From MS IE6 goto File> select Send> select Shortcut to Desktop). This is useful when you found something interesting/important you don't have time for now and when you start another session the properly labled link is staring you in the face.

In Firefox you can save a page to the desktop but it isn't a link - it's more a path to the saved file from your desktop and often doesn't load directly.

Any ideas? I tried Google but can't find the answer.

~ Rick

12-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Manage Bookmarks --> Drag and Drop any bookmark from there to your desktop

Rick Nebiolo
12-06-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Manage Bookmarks --> Drag and Drop any bookmark from there to your desktop

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't drag and drop as much as most and should have tried this first (more of a right click type).

Turns out you can drag the current page to the desktop too (what I wanted). Only weakness seems to be that you need to resize or move the Firefox window in order to open up room on your desktop.

Thanks.

~ Rick

12-06-2005, 04:41 PM
No prob! I'm full of usless computer knowledge! Let me know if I can help out on anything else....

Rick Nebiolo
12-07-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No prob! I'm full of usless computer knowledge! Let me know if I can help out on anything else....

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

My machine seems to be OK now after the recent problems. This forum has been lots of help, next time I'm even thinking of building my own rig. Maybe I'll even overclock /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

~ Rick