PDA

View Full Version : 5 things you didn't know about "A Charlie Brown Christmas.

whiskeytown
12-06-2005, 03:10 PM
this is kind of interesting - stuff like old sponsors and the teacher's voice being a muted trombone.

Here's the Link (http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051206/ENT03/512060345/1035/ENT)

I remember the dance at the end - that's my favorite - I learned to dance from Charlie Brown Cartoons.

RB

Mason Hellmuth
12-06-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Linus and Lucy" -- it's totally stuck in your head now, isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

youtalkfunny
12-07-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ford's new ad for "Keep It Simple" pricing uses the "Linus and Lucy" song from the Christmas special. A Nov. 24 post on www.autoblog.com (http://www.autoblog.com) says of the ad, "It certainly isn't anything Schulz may have approved of," referring to Charles Schulz, the Peanuts creator. But actually, the first time the Peanuts gang got animated was in 1960 in a TV commercial for the Ford Falcon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, great job of journalism there, getting that "quote" from that "source".

I guess it won't be long before OOT posts are cited as news sources.

God help us all.

(And who didn't know the teachers voice was a trumpet, or the kids saying the lines couldn't read? I was four when I saw my first and last Peanuts special, and these things were obvious to me. I never understood...how those shows....could be so popular....when every character...took forever....to say...a line of dialogue...because they would stop...for a breath...every few words,...making their speech...sound like a silly....singsong pattern!)

mason55
12-07-2005, 02:10 AM
"I got a rock" is my Christmas catchphrase

also... "It's Arbor Day, Charlie Brown."!?!?! WTF?! Has anyone seen this?

whiskeytown
12-07-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"I got a rock" is my Christmas catchphrase

[/ QUOTE ]

ah dude - wrong special - /images/graemlins/grin.gif - that was the Holloween Special -

The Christmas one - that was the one where he got the sickly tree and they gave him hell for it....good memories...I'll have to TIVO it this year.

RB

craig r
12-07-2005, 02:23 AM
Didn't Charles Mingus do the music for Charlie Brown?

craig