PDA

View Full Version : Milk Bet Question

12-06-2005, 03:02 PM
For those who are experts on the milk bet, how would the introduction of powdered milk affect the outcome?

For example, taking the appropriate amount of powdered milk to make one gallon and mixing it with only enough water to form a sort of slurry you could down in the last few minutes?

Or taking even less powdered milk and making a slurry with regular milk instead of water?

If anyone can answer these questions it is OOT.

pokerdirty
12-06-2005, 03:04 PM
why don't you just go to the store and buy a gallon of milk for $3 or whatever. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

swede123
12-06-2005, 03:04 PM
I'd suggest you refrain from doing the milk challenge if you find yourself in the African wilderness or elsewhere you won't have access to real milk.

Swede

asofel
12-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Actually, I would suggest attempting two challenges at once and take a gallon of milk, mix it with the pound of flour, and see what happens!

kipin
12-06-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd suggest you refrain from doing the milk challenge if you find yourself in the African wilderness or elsewhere you won't have access to real milk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Massachusetts apparently.

12-06-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For those who are experts on the milk bet, how would the introduction of powdered milk affect the outcome?

For example, taking the appropriate amount of powdered milk to make one gallon and mixing it with only enough water to form a sort of slurry you could down in the last few minutes?

Or taking even less powdered milk and making a slurry with regular milk instead of water?

If anyone can answer these questions it is OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell is a slurry?

RunDownHouse
12-06-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Here. (http://justfuckinggoogleit.com)

12-06-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Here. (http://justfuckinggoogleit.com)

[/ QUOTE ]

Definition of Slurry per result on google

Form of manure composed mainly of liquids. Slurry is collected and stored on many farms, especially when large numbers of animals are kept in factory units (see factory farming). When slurry tanks are accidentally or deliberately breached, large amounts can spill into rivers, killing fish and causing eutrophication. Some slurry is spread on fields as a fertilizer.

Thanks for being so helpful, but I did already google it and the results were so different that I figured it could be a regional thing. Thanks for the help though.

So I am still wondering what is a slurry, in reference to the OP?

12-06-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Massachusetts apparently.

[/ QUOTE ]

We just have milk slurrys....Its tough growing up here as a kid :P

Warik
12-06-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The milk bet = drinking one gallon of whole milk and keeping it down. Modifying this in any way makes it a perversion of the authentic milk bet. It's an abomonation.

p.s. haha i didn't answer your question

RunDownHouse
12-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Also from Googling slurry:

" * A liquid mixture (especially involving water) composed of a mixture of various insoluble matter, such as mud or plaster of paris."

The OP used it to convey the idea that his mixture would be thick, that the milk would not be fully dissolved.

12-06-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also from Googling slurry:

" * A liquid mixture (especially involving water) composed of a mixture of various insoluble matter, such as mud or plaster of paris."

The OP used it to convey the idea that his mixture would be thick, that the milk would not be fully dissolved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you

4_2_it
12-06-2005, 04:57 PM
If it's not whole milk, then this challenge is very doable. Skim milk is almost water.

12-07-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why don't you just go to the store and buy a gallon of milk for $3 or whatever. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The most enjoyable thing about the Milk Bet is how many people thought they could easily accomplish the task. As they tried and failed spectacularly, on-lookers were entertained by watching stupid people puke milk out of their noses. Now everyone knows about the Milk Bet and stupid people are much less apt to attempt it.

Is powdered milk a way to angle shoot the Milk Bet?

Hero accepts the Milk Bet challenge with the stipulation that Hero chooses the milk. Hero tells Villain something like..."I get to pick chocolate or whatever milk I want."
Villain agrees expecting chocolate milk, but Hero gets a box of powdered milk /images/graemlins/shocked.gif and water.

The box of powdered milk says x cups = 1 gallon. Hero takes x cups of powdered milk and mixes it with a minimal amount of water and drinks it. Hero can say he drank 1 gallon of milk, but takes in less liquid volume.

Is the task now easier for Hero to complete? How likely is it that Villain still gets entertained with the puking and wins the bet?

tonypaladino
12-07-2005, 05:13 AM
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/7538/itemlillisaslurry8fh.jpg

Benholio
12-07-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The box of powdered milk says x cups = 1 gallon. Hero takes x cups of powdered milk and mixes it with a minimal amount of water and drinks it. Hero can say he drank 1 gallon of milk, but takes in less liquid volume.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can say he drank 1 gallon of milk, but he didn't. If he takes in less liquid volume than a gallon, then he drank less than a gallon.