PDA

View Full Version : Is a PT required for multitabling

12-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Over the past month or so, I have been multitabling at $0.50/$1 without the benefit of a pokertracker and have come to the conclusion that it is very difficult to be effective multitabling without one.

Quite simply, it is extremely difficult to read 18 players at 2 tables without a tool to give you a good snapshot of their play.

Thoughts?

SheridanCat
12-06-2005, 04:25 PM
Well, I think two tables are doable without PT, but that's just my opinion. Your experience may very well be different. When you get to 3+ tables, I think you need PT and a HUD to keep track of what's going on.

Personally, I rarely play more than two at a time.

Regards,

T

4_2_it
12-06-2005, 04:37 PM
You may be able to keep track of villains over an individual session or two, but wouldn't it be nice to have the stats of the guy you played 300 hands with a week or a month ago? Buy PT and PA HUD. You can Datamine 10 tables at a time on Party (allowed by Party) while you aren't playing.

emonrad87
12-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Sometimes my PAHUD crashes when I am 8 tabling 6-max, but I still manage to get some reads. It just takes practice. Having no overlap helps out a lot too.

12-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Well, I have a few reasons why I haven't done so - in part it was a choice because I was finding that I was relying on it too much and I felt like I needed to develop a more instinctive approach - but the other side is that I currently have a Mac but may soon be switching back to a PC so I wanted to wait and see before I bought the Mac tracker.

4_2_it
12-07-2005, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes my PAHUD crashes when I am 8 tabling 6-max, but I still manage to get some reads. It just takes practice. Having no overlap helps out a lot too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had 10 6-max tables up without crashing. Have you emailed Josh??? ----Sorry about the hi-jack Hank.