PDA

View Full Version : A Bad Beat on the Turn...

J.A.Sucker
07-11-2003, 07:41 PM
Here's the scene: Mid-High Stakes Hold 'em Players, playing Mid-High Stakes Golf. J.A. Sucker and T. Angelo are completing the 9th hole, and order 2 beers, 2 coffees, and 2 hotdogs. The beer is luke-warm, but tasty. The coffee is luke-warm, but not tasty. After sampling the fine beverages from the United States and Colombia, it's a little taste of Germany, with the fine wurst that is laid out in front of us.

Taking a bite is difficult at first, until you puncture through the polymeric exterior worthy of the Durex name, revealing a spongey, yet firmly textured interior that's reminiscent of old tofu. Now, plunging into this warm nougat, you are struck by the odor and flavor simultaneously as the two forces create a harmony that would inspire the Boston Pops. Is that liverworst? Squirrel? Or was it an amalgam of possum and head-cheese, infused with the essence of a Berkeley compost heap? Like a fine brandy, scotch, or Cuban cigar, this taste experience is capped by a proper finish; the unmistakable bristle of the hair from a Rhodesian Ridgeback, a fine beast that once roamed the lands from whence this feast came.

The gagging is followed by a choking, which Tommy did when he could not overcome J.A.Sucker’s golf prowess, missing a clutch putt on the 18th hole which could have tied the match and saved an ever-precious betting unit /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif . You would think a 2-shot cushion would be ample on a 360 yard par-4, but alas, this time, this Sucker got the money. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

It was a hell of a match, and few people outside of these two warriors will ever know the act of sporting greatness that transpired yesterday. Come to think of it, perhaps neither of those two warriors will even recall it, due to our obliviousness…

Of course, these are my opinions, but I’m Just Another Sucker.

Ed Miller
07-11-2003, 09:42 PM
And you people wonder why I'm a vegetarian...

Tommy Angelo
07-12-2003, 10:51 AM
"Tommy could not overcome J.A.Sucker’s golf prowess"

This is true. You are an excellent golfer, and storyteller, but your menu skills need work.

Great time dood. Looking forward to next.

Tommy

Clarkmeister
07-12-2003, 01:20 PM
Cause you're a freak?

We already knew that. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

J.A.Sucker
07-12-2003, 02:39 PM
My culinary selection was guided by some guy in a Blue Man hat. Next time I'll go for Upton Sinclair canned food Special O' the Day, acting on my own accord! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif