PDA

View Full Version : Misspelled the receiver's name on a Western Union transfer...am i SOL?

calmasahinducow
12-06-2005, 02:54 PM
He's got the right MTCN and everything else is right but I screwed up a vowel in his last name. Are they gonna let him pick it up or am I gonna have to do this again and pay another 30 bucks?

Spicymoose
12-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Um. Ask them?

calmasahinducow
12-06-2005, 03:07 PM
It's in eastern Russia and they're asleep. It's also important they get this money ASAP.

lighterjobs
12-06-2005, 03:09 PM
they probably won't even notice it, and if they do, i don't think it will be that big of a deal.

wayabvpar
12-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Was it to a deposed Nigerian official?

I used to work in a place that delivered Western Unions- names are misspelled constantly. I really doubt there will be an issue.

12-07-2005, 12:52 PM
I've done this before it's not too big a deal.

ohnonotthat
12-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Something like this is wholly dependent on the merchant on the receiving end but take solace in the fact that they (the merchant) make nothing on transfers that don't go thru - and a hefty fee on those that do.

Add this to the expected problems when dealing with 2 distinct languages and I cannot imagine there being a problem.

Let us know how it went; we'd all like to hear good news AND it's more than a little likely that someone here knows someone who knows someone if the recipient happens to encounter the world's most anal clerk.

Chin up - Pinnacle has it -9900 that this sails thru uneventfully.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif