Astricus checked

** Dealing the river: 5 of Spades
MrB2 bet - $12.00
Astricus called - $12.00

Standard? Reraise preflop?

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Best regards

nietzreznor
12-06-2005, 02:48 PM
Why no raise preflop? I'm not advocating reraising him, but I would raise UTG here the vast mjority of the time, unless I had a read otherwise.

Postflop looks okay, I bet turn and check behind river sometimes, but this looks pretty standard.

Leptyne
12-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Nothing standard about limping UTG with JJ.

I'm bringing it in for $10. Pot this ragged flop. I could have AA, KK, or AJ. What kind of hand do you think the SB calls your flop bet with? With no reads I figure to get raised here by any pair better than my JJ. If SB calls the flop bet then I know he's got a piece of this ragged flop. JT, QT, KT, str8 draw? On a blank turn I fire a pot sized bet again. I want this guy to fold, pay to hit what he's looking for, or raise if he's got something, in which case I'll probably fold. Blank river I'm probably putting in a blocking bet of 20% of the pot. I expect a fold if villain has missed. If the river made his str8 then he paid to get there. I'd probably call down a reasonable raise here and fold to a push. I always assume I'm playing a pussy that won't come back at me without the nuts until I've seen him bluff someone else in this spot.

As played your turn check invites a bluff at the river, so you have to call.

12-06-2005, 04:28 PM
I was planning to reraise from the start, but that 5x BB caught me ofguard.
Then the minraise and the call of my 13$ reraise really caught me ofguard again.

Eventually i had a hard time putting this guy on a hand and i just went for a cheap showdown.

Normally i would take the route your saying Leptyne thou.
But i just got confused by his play =)

Anyways results.

MrB2 shows: 10 of Clubs, 10 of Diamonds
Astricus mucks:
MrB2 wins $73.00 from the main pot

Anyone putting him on a flopped set here?

Big_Jim
12-06-2005, 04:34 PM
Pre-Flop.... meh. In 6-max, I pretty much never limp JJ first in. Given you did... I can see an argument for just calling, since the guy DID raise from the blinds... but I still think you should go for the limp re-raise.

Why did a 5X BB raise scare you? It's ridiculously standard.

Post flop is fine.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone putting him on a flopped set here?

[/ QUOTE ]
There was not nearly enough action post-flop to put him on a set.

You definately lost the minimum, here.

swarm
12-06-2005, 04:44 PM
I NEVER limp JJ UTG in 6 max... I would raise a limper to 10 or more with all types of hands, sometimes as weak as A10s or 33.

Why no bet on the turn, what a great flop for JJ and villan is showing no strenght what so ever.

Pot the turn.

You certainly one the least amount you could on this hand.

Leptyne
12-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Actually works out quite well for you. I think you definitely lost the minimum. I mark the SB as having the weak-tite disease and try to exploit this in the future.

Crazy. If you bring it in and bet the flop does he fold his top set to your obvious str8?

Big_Jim
12-06-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pot the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
What worse hands call when you pot the turn? AT? You think that's a standard raising hand from the blinds?

I'm not looking to play a big pot here, unless I know the guy will call me down with sh!t.

[ QUOTE ]
You certainly one the least amount you could on this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh.