PDA

View Full Version : Playing during daytime hours

12-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Right now I'm at 200nl 6m. I have this idea in my head that the games are not good during the day (1pm to 5-6pm or so) and usually avoid playing then. I've had a couple of mixed results then (not many hands at all, could easily be an exception) and usually I am lazy and make excuses to stop. Does anyone regularly play during this time, is it worth it?

Ghazban
12-06-2005, 02:13 PM
I usually play between 2 PM and 10 PM east coast time. The games are good; they're always good on Party at that level.

rwanger
12-06-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually play between 2 PM and 10 PM east coast time. The games are good; they're always good on Party at that level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you use pokertracker? If you look at the per hour breakdown, is your winrate comparable during business hours? (I would also think that since you're on the east coast, like me, that it's even worse because the west coast is still at work till the last hour of your "day").

12-06-2005, 02:20 PM
I have poorer results when I play in the morning or early afternoon. I find more people are focused and play with a higher amt of quality. I also win more smaller pots as the grinders don't get involved in large pots unless they have the nuts.

The games after 8pm EST I do much better as people are watching WPT on TV, getting tired or are drunk. I win smaller, but much bigger pots at night.

Leptyne
12-06-2005, 02:27 PM
The earlier you play the more Europeans you'll run into. Makes no difference to me. I don't pay attention to time zone. Just because it's 2:00am in Madrid doesn't automatically mean you're playing some drunk. Could be the duck.