PDA

View Full Version : Name of this SNES game?

12-06-2005, 02:04 PM
I remember playing a game when I was little that I can't remeber the name of it. Some of the details are foggy but I remember one level you are running around a city setting dodging spot lights by jumping into ditches and ducking behind buildings. In another level you are lining up people with a rifle but you are across the street and all you can see are their silhouettes in a hotel building across the street. The whole game has a very espionage or swat team feel to it but I cannot remember the name. I did not have enough details to google it so any help will be appreciated.

IndieMatty
12-06-2005, 02:11 PM
This is easy. Super Mario Kart.

astroglide
12-06-2005, 02:11 PM
i never played golgo 13, but it sounds like that. but it was a nes game.

PTjvs
12-06-2005, 02:18 PM
I'm pretty sure I remember the silhouette scene from Golgo 13. That's honestly all I remember about the entire game though.

12-06-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Golgo 13....but now that I think about it, it very well could be a NES game.

12-06-2005, 02:23 PM
Is there a scene like that in Metal Gear?

This is kinda embarassing, I bet I have it on my emulator. was the entire game in 3rd person, first person or a mix?

IndieMatty
12-06-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Golgo 13....but now that I think about it, it very well could be a NES game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Serious time. If it's a NES game, perhaps Code Name Viper? (shot in the dark)

12-06-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This is kinda embarassing, I bet I have it on my emulator. was the entire game in 3rd person, first person or a mix?

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked Metal Gear because that was my first instinct but It was not right.

Edge34
12-06-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Serious time. If it's a NES game, perhaps Code Name Viper? (shot in the dark)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure this isn't Viper. I have this game and as much as it rules, the scenes described don't fit.

12-06-2005, 02:31 PM
If it's the same game I'm thinking of, it was a NES game where you had to rappel down the side of a building, crash into a window, and do some SWAT stuff like save hostages. Also remember the sniper guy.

Rescue: The Embassy Mission (almost positive.)

Also for classic NES games: Jordan vs. Bird

ScottieK

12-06-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is all different types. There are levels where you are just avoiding detection, there are 3rd person levels, and the level I mentioned earlier you are sitting in a window shooting across the street to another window. I believe it is terrorists have captured a hotel or something to that effect. I am now also pretty sure this is a NES game.

Also, the shooting level is the one I remember the most. I recall you are shooting a hotel or other building that has bright yellow windows and grey silhouettes representing people. Also your gun is sitting on some sort of tripod looking thing (I am sure there is a more technical term than tripod). That is about all I can remeber.

12-06-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

This is it, thanks a lot. I will check out Jordan vs Bird as well.

12-06-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

This is it, thanks a lot. I will check out Jordan vs Bird as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

*Taking a bow*
You're welcome. I remember playing this game, and though it wasn't as hard or as fun as Metal Gear, it was still difficult and a good play. Enjoy!

ScottieK

12-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Yeah I could never beat this game when I was little, I remember that much. I am on a mission to beat all the old games I couldn't when I was little. TNMT is coming up, that one I will probably still struggle with.

12-06-2005, 02:54 PM
TMNT is hard, I tried beating it one time with Game Genie and I couldn't. There is one level with fire pits that you can fall into and there is no game genie code to prevent it.

krimson
12-06-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is it. This game was pretty cool, for it's time anyways.

TheMainEvent
12-06-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I could never beat this game when I was little, I remember that much. I am on a mission to beat all the old games I couldn't when I was little. TNMT is coming up, that one I will probably still struggle with.

[/ QUOTE ]

$20 for anyone who can beat NES Silver Surfer without cheating and prove it