PDA

View Full Version : Is folding Top 2 here weak or smart?

NickPoker
12-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Doyles Room Full Ring $1-$2

My opponents probably see me as a bit too loose at this point, my aggression has been moderate, definately not extreme. I have laid a couple hands down to reraises on the last couple orbits. I have not seen the main villain get out of line, I have seen him showdown 1 hand when he reraised, and he had the goods (a set).

Preflop (10 players)

Hero ($315) UTG+1 K /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif limps in
MP ($125)(main villain) limps
Both blinds call
Pot $8

Flop K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif6 : /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero bets $6, MP calls, BB calls
Pot $25

Turn 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets $15
MP raises to $75 (he only has about $35 left)
BB folds

Do you continue with the hand? (a call and push are almost the same thing)

Any comments on the other streets? Part of the reason I was a little unsure was that I was playing a little loser than I usually do. If I was playing tighter I would have been pretty sure I was beat by this player. Obvious concerns here are a set or Q10.

12-06-2005, 02:08 PM
I think there's 2 reasons why he goes all in:

1.) He has the flush draw
2.) He has a set (or maybe a s8) and just called the flop to build the pot. He then saw the potential flush draw and got scared, so he pushed.

I call. If he has you beat with the set, then sht happens. If he's on the flush draw or a bottom 2 pair, then you played it right.

12-06-2005, 02:51 PM
I think he either made a great bet when a scare card hit (which against most people at this level would be completly ridiculous), or he just made his hand. Either way I let him have this one. Also, his bet $30 short of all in scares me. I think this was a smart laydown, whether it turned out you had the best hand or not.

12-06-2005, 02:52 PM
I think a set is possible here, but a straight is more likely.

Leptyne
12-06-2005, 03:00 PM
When you have not seen a player get out of line this is a clear fold.

12-07-2005, 03:29 AM
Fold. He almost certainly doesn't have the flush draw. Unless he's a total donkey, you're looking at QT or 66 (especially given the unraised pot preflop.