PDA

View Full Version : No contiunation bet

jph0424
12-06-2005, 01:33 PM
I fire flop after a preflop raise almost 100% of the time. I am looking for spots where checking behind may be a better option. How is this? Blinds are both LAPs 60/15/.5 ish

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
[color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, 2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (3 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)</font>

River: (3 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 3 BB

Koss
12-06-2005, 01:35 PM
I really think a turn bet is necessary here as the last money I'd put into the pot unimproved.

Spicymoose
12-06-2005, 01:37 PM
I don't like this spot to not bet the flop. You easily could have the best hand, and giving them a free card is bad. You win the pot straight up on the flop less often, as they are more inclined to stick around, but it still happens sometimes. Don't give them another free card on the turn. They still havn't shown interest, and still could be drawing. You just picked up a gutshot yourself, so fire away.

Awesome check on the river though /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

jph0424
12-06-2005, 01:40 PM
I decided to be the most passive donkey possible here. I should have definitely bet the river if not the turn also.

jph0424
12-06-2005, 01:45 PM
I checked behind on this flop because I thought I had zero fold equity against these guys and there was a good chance I was behind. I just felt out of my element here because I am used to pounding pounding pounding.

Spicymoose
12-06-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I checked behind on this flop because I thought I had zero fold equity against these guys and there was a good chance I was behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB checks and can literally have anything (except good cards). He can't connect always. If this were HU with SB somehow (BB folded rather than knocked), would you still not bet? Although your fold equity is lower than usual, you still have some. Also, although you may be behind, you learn nothing by checking. You are ahead enough that you might even be getting equity on this bet.

Wynton
12-06-2005, 01:50 PM
I don't see the advantage of checking the flop here, unless you're prepared to c/f the turn ui. If you're saying that they will both see the turn regardless, then I don't think you should be raising 55 utg at this table.

In fact,once you check the flop, it seems very difficult to bet the turn (let alone the river), against these players.

jph0424
12-06-2005, 01:57 PM
I agree wynton, it was 5 handed and i was on autopilot preflop. I raise 55 UTG as a standard operating proceedure at a 5 handed table. With these guys as the blinds I should have mucked it.

I also definitely bet flop against just one of these guys and I was prepared to fold the turn if either of them bet.

12-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Flop is good. I'd throw one in on the turn when it gets checked to me a second time and make that my last money in.