PDA

View Full Version : You Handle These Passives

12-06-2005, 01:04 PM
BB is 38/13/1.0
CO is 54/18/1.1
Button is 35/11/0.8

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (8 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

How thin is a bet here?

wackjob
12-06-2005, 01:10 PM
we beat passive fish by value betting.

12-06-2005, 01:43 PM
If the're passive, I bet and fold to a raise. Checking just allows one of them to value bet you as you need to call one bet with top pair.

If they're passive, they'll call both when beat and when ahead, but only raise when you're definately beat, in which case you can fold.

It's a situation, where for that round of betting, anything you do is probably -EV, but betting is less -EV than checking though on this river. You've got to see showdown though because your pot equity &gt; -EV of the river play.

12-06-2005, 03:45 PM
There's a world full of 8s and 9s just waiting to pay you off.

Spicymoose
12-06-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How thin is a bet here?

[/ QUOTE ]

About as thin as paper. No wait, a stack of 1000 sheets of paper.

sthief09
12-06-2005, 10:45 PM
id check and probably not overcall. good chance at least one person has a straight or flush, let alone two pair

Spicymoose
12-06-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
id check and probably not overcall. good chance at least one person has a straight or flush, let alone two pair

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't buy that argument. They may be passive, but a good portion of the time they would raise the turn with these hands. They potentially could have these hands, but also they will have plenty of single pair hands will call, and we beat.

sthief09
12-06-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't buy that argument. They may be passive, but a good portion of the time they would raise the turn with these hands. They potentially could have these hands, but also they will have plenty of single pair hands will call, and we beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are 3 of them. first there is no guarantee they pay you off with any pair. secondly, loose passive players slowplay more than anyone else. third, they are loose passive which means they might not raise two pair, a straight, or a set on the turn. against 3 of them i think you are rarely taking it down and when you do you will usually only get called in one spot. on the other hand, if you check you might buy a free showdown with the 2nd best hand and you might be able to fold

12-07-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
loose passive players slowplay more than anyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]
I couldn't agree more.