PDA

View Full Version : Poker Stars Stud

12-06-2005, 12:31 PM
How does Poker Stars stud compare to Party Poker games? Do they offer 5/10 stud? Are there enough games going on so that there is a selection? How is the quality of play - worse or better players than Party Poker?

If you have played on both sites, how would you rate one over the other?

How does their dpeosit in and cashout compare to Party Poker's IGM pay? Do they have an equivalent system or must you go through a third party site like Net Teller? And if you have to go through a site like Net Teller, are there any fees involved, on either deposit or cashout?

Outside of Poker Stars, is there any other stud site(besides party poker) at the 5/10 level that you would recommend?

Thank you for any assistance.

Alchemist
12-06-2005, 02:11 PM
I can only comment on a few items:

I use Neteller to handle the money transactions. Cashouts are very fast--instantaneous if your cashout is equal to or less than your deposit. No fees in either direction.

They have stakes from 4c/8c to $30/60 for high and hi/lo. It's the middle of the day on a weekday and they have 4 people playing the $5/10 stud high game atm.

Andy B
12-06-2005, 09:57 PM
You can cash out?

I've played some on both, a lot more on Stars than on Party. I like Stars' software, and I hate Party's. The action is a little better on Party, I suppose, but the games on Stars can be very good. There will sometimes multiple $5/10 games, often not.

My preferred spot these days is Paradise. They don't have $5/10, but they do have $4/8 and $6/12. There isn't always a game, but they're usually very good when they go.

mscags
12-06-2005, 10:04 PM
the 6-12 on euro is usually pretty juicy

12-07-2005, 02:11 PM
I cash out a lot, thank you. LOL.

BeerMoney
12-07-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I cash out a lot, thank you. LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

We know.

blumpkin22
12-07-2005, 03:02 PM
I have extensive notes on every player that has ever played online 7 card stud at the 5/10 limit. I will not share this information. But if you have information that will help me out, please send me a PM or post that information here.

PoorLawyer
12-07-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have extensive notes on every player that has ever played online 7 card stud at the 5/10 limit. I will not share this information. But if you have information that will help me out, please send me a PM or post that information here.

[/ QUOTE ]

touche

MrBlueNose
12-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Stars Stud is good. The only level there I never play is 3/6, because it seems to be rock garden galore. I've seen .5/1 have frequently bigger pots some nights

jon_1van
12-07-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stars Stud is good. The only level there I never play is 3/6, because it seems to be rock garden galore. I've seen .5/1 have frequently bigger pots some nights

[/ QUOTE ]

3/6 should be a rock garden with it HUGE .25 ante.

Raven
12-09-2005, 03:01 AM
I used to play a lot of stud on stars last year (I'm playing nl holdem now ...), and some on party, mostly 2/4, some 3/6. The fun thing on stars is that the player base is consistent and small. A lot of players that I was playing against last year are also playing now. If you like shorthanded games stars is good, because in 5/10 and higher if you want to multitable you will have to play shorthanded. the players are usually too loose and aggressive for the ante system.

Elmhurst anyone ?

12-09-2005, 12:24 PM
I started at PokerStars but went over to Party to take advantage of a bonus offer.

Maybe it's because I started at Stars but I find the expensive antes at Party to be an unnecessary challenge. I've read many comments in this forum about how the play at Party is looser (and I think I noticed this) but I'm not convinced this makes up for the antes.

Also, and IMO, playability at Stars is superior:
- Faster update of all screens/information.
- Fewer lag issues.
- More informative stats.
- Better interfaces.
- Better bonus point gifts

I use NetTeller. It works very well. As noted, transfers are near instantaneous. Note though that there are often messages that state transfers could take 24hrs.