PDA

View Full Version : AQ facing some heat

maranello11
12-06-2005, 11:49 AM
This is a live 2/5 NL game. I am in the small blind with AQ three limpers to me I make it 20. Just started so didnt want to blow people out of the water. One caller(he has not really done anything out of control but have played with him before and he is a good thinking player.

Flop: A 6 5 rainbow. I bet 40 he calls.

Turn 6 with club draw. I bet 75, he makes it 175, whats your plan?

We both have over $500 to start hand and I cover him

Ghazban
12-06-2005, 11:56 AM
He says he can beat an ace=> fold if you believe him. I believe him.

maranello11
12-06-2005, 12:07 PM
Do you think he just called with a weird 6 and didnt believe I had an ace and now does. Just a wierd hand, couldnt get anything from him either.

Ghazban
12-06-2005, 12:13 PM
He could have a ton of hands with the size of your preflop raise (to 4BB total after 3 limpers) and the expectation of a multiway pot. He could have flopped a set and is trying to build the pot. He could have 76s waiting to see if he could take it away on the turn if you checked a big pair other than aces. He could have nothing at all and be running a delayed bluff.. He could be doing a tricky turn semibluff raise with an OESD that just picked up a flush draw to go with it or something. In any case, it boils down to whether or not you believe him. You're clearly indicating you have at least an ace and he's clearly indicating that he can beat an ace.

12-06-2005, 12:15 PM
You led twice and got raised, against a player you think is a good thinking player... let ths one go