PDA

View Full Version : Too aggresive with TPTK?

hemstock
12-06-2005, 11:25 AM
...or extremely standard?

SB is an unknown and
BB is ~60/2/1.2

Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB.

Im thinking about folding to a 3bet on the turn. The way it went, river bet was pretty much mandatory.

aargh57
12-06-2005, 11:28 AM
I think it's pretty standard but I'm wondering why you think the river bet's mandatory. I think a check here would not be that bad. Will you get called by less than 2 pair more than 50% of the time here? Maybe you will, I'm just asking.

MrWookie47
12-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Aw, you can give us better reads than that...

It's probably fine. I don't think you can fold to a turn 3bet. If they were tighter, maybe, but BB could easily have two pair, and you have outs in what would be a giant pot.

hemstock
12-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Unfortunately SB just sat down and I've only BB get really aggressive in one hand that he won without a showdown.

wackjob
12-06-2005, 12:55 PM
standard for me. don't fold whatever you do.

POKhER
12-06-2005, 01:18 PM
After he bets the turn i usually go "uh ho" and call down.

Check the river basically... Everything else is cool.

The raise, reraised... then you 3betting hm. I think id 3bet, maybe call with poor reads.

imported_leader
12-06-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
standard for me. don't fold whatever you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

jba
12-06-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The raise, reraised... then you 3betting hm. I think id 3bet, maybe call with poor reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey pokher

the problem with calling down BB is overly aggressive, hero is aggressive, and the board is J high with a lot of possible draws; bb could easily put us on a free-card raise with a draw or AK and is trying to prevent a free card.

also, even if we're behind to 2pr some of the time we have outs and the presence of another player gives us some overlay.

ArturiusX
12-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Dont ever look for a reason to fold TPTK in SH to things like 3-bets.

POKhER
12-06-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey pokher

the problem with calling down BB is overly aggressive, hero is aggressive, and the board is J high with a lot of possible draws; bb could easily put us on a free-card raise with a draw or AK and is trying to prevent a free card.

also, even if we're behind to 2pr some of the time we have outs and the presence of another player gives us some overlay.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh but we 3bet the flop, we'd have to bet stupid to do that for a free card surely? 1.5BB to see flop/turn = 1.5BB anyhow.

Im kind of naturally passive rock its shown through overtime, a tendacy i need to change.

I just think the donk bet is kind of freaky.. So i Call it. I guess betting the river is ok... But first instinct i said to check it though.

jba
12-06-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1.5BB to see flop/turn = 1.5BB anyhow.

[/ QUOTE ]

no. 1.5 vs 2. no different than typical 1 vs 1.5 (and usually more effective)

POKhER
12-06-2005, 07:21 PM
True true true, 11pm is clearly the time when my brain stops working... or upon waking hmmm.

Kumubou
12-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Standard. Somehow I doubt the BB is raising you on the flop with a hand that was improved by the deuce, and he could have seen your flop 3-bet as a free card play.

For people questioning the river bet, this is Party 1/2 -- the players are idiots, and will call here with any pair, and Ace high through six high.

-K

DCWildcat
12-06-2005, 09:07 PM
Standard. Changes if BB isn't so aggressive.

POKhER
12-06-2005, 09:36 PM
A question to you all,
Say your Mr BB, You hold QJo (KJo is a bit of a easier call down so lets say QJo).

How would you play this different?

Are you:

Donking the turn as he did? Folding to a raise? Calling down after a raise?

Are you calling down from the 3bet flop?

Or are you Folding the turn after calling the flop 3bet?

What range do you put on hero here?

Thanks.