View Full Version : Anyone play this differently....didnt feel right

dopp16
12-06-2005, 10:19 AM
Hero is MP with 9d8d

UTG calls, folded to hero who calls, Co raises, BB calls, UTG calls, hero calls

Flop: Kh 10d 5d

BB checks, UTG bets, hero raises, CO calls, BB folds, UTG calls

Turn: Kd

UTG checks, Hero bets, CO raises, UTG three bets, Hero folds?

CO was a solid player and UTG wa very Laggy, Felt like I'd have to pay at least 4 more Big Bets to showdown a loser

12-06-2005, 11:02 AM
This looks like a fold, chances that you beat both CO and UTG seem very small. And even if you do they can still improve.

Btw I wouldn't have raised the flop.

BigEndian
12-06-2005, 11:51 AM
First off, pre-flop you are begging someone to raise you by limping in like that online. I would open raise or just muck it. If this was a live game and you felt it was passive enough behind you, I could buy it.

For the rest of the hand, the action isn't defined near well enough to make a fold. You could very well have battling kings out there and maybe worse depending what the UTG player is like.

- Jim

Lost Wages
12-06-2005, 05:35 PM
I really don't like your flop raise at all. What are you trying to accomplish?

No way am I folding the turn. The Laggy UTG could have any king and CO probably has AdKx/KxQd.

Lost Wages

I.Rowboat
12-06-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like your flop raise at all. What are you trying to accomplish?

No way am I folding the turn. The Laggy UTG could have any king and CO probably has AdKx/KxQd.

Lost Wages

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to expand on this idea: This is a multi-way pot, and you are out of position, and you have no pair, no overs, and a middlin' flush draw; what good will come of your flop raise? If you really want to gamble your flush draw, reraise if it comes around again on the flop as you will have trapped a bunch of players for multiple bets, but don't be surprised if you're shown a bigger flush if/when it hits.

This seems to me to be aggression simply for the sake of aggression, and I think that's better saved for headsup or threeway confrontations.