PDA

View Full Version : too passive?

12-06-2005, 07:23 AM
BB in this instance is very loose and very bad post-flop too.

Hero is on the button with A-Q. 3 limpers, hero raises, BB calls and limpers call (10SB’s)

Flop: 5,5,6 rainbow. All check, hero checks?
Turn: Q. BB bets, all fold, hero calls
River 10. BB bets, hero calls

Reasons for not raising turn or river:

· He could easily have a 5 that he wanted to check-raise the flop with (cos he likes check-raising as a rule) and I don’t want to be 3 bet here
· If he’s bluffing I don’t want to scare him off (turn)

12-06-2005, 07:32 AM
raise turn, he much more likely has a Q, a pp, a weak 6 or even a straight draw. some players will even bet here with A high.

regardless, your ahead of the majority of his range, and if he peels the turn raise you get the same 2BB from calling down, but when you raise you get a chance at a 3rd on the river.

12-06-2005, 07:38 AM
Answer - WAY 2 Passive

bet the flop to keep control & see if you get a c/r (a Much better sign of one of the only two 5s left)

Raise the turn - once again to see if he likes his hand or has something like 6-2!?!

If after this line BB still bets the riv, then call. AS it stands, you win here very often.

FWIW, don't give a ML opponent credit for the nuts as a rule of thumb. Make them earn it by their play.

12-06-2005, 07:46 AM
thanks for the replies, if we get c/r'd on the flop, how much further do we continue?

crovax4444
12-06-2005, 07:47 AM
Agree with Beachman42

Raise flop, raise turn, then call down with further resistance

Where's AK when you need him?

Crovax

12-06-2005, 08:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the replies, if we get c/r'd on the flop, how much further do we continue?

[/ QUOTE ]

While more info (# of limpers, read on villian, etc) would help, if all limpers fold to the raise, I fold too. Pot would be too small to try to draw to a 6 outer to 2nd best. This is exactly why you bet the flop - cheaper to let go in smaller pots.

12-06-2005, 08:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is exactly why you bet the flop - cheaper to let go in smaller pots.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right, it was a stupid question really.
I like your line, thanks for the advice.

K-mac
12-06-2005, 08:33 AM
Grunch:
I think that I would bet the flop to keep the lead.
On the turn I think I raise also. Once you raise the turn it changes the dynamics of the rest of the hand. In the case that he comes along for the river and bets again I call it and see what he has. (this river line may be passive)

12-06-2005, 09:46 AM
you cannot autobet this flop against 4 people when offered a free card

@bsolute_luck
12-06-2005, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure you can. it is also for value. you don't want someone else getting a free look at their gutshot or 6-outer when you most likely have the best hand and/or 6-outs against a small pocket pair that might give you a free turn card too.

it is very unlikely this hit anyone, so you should bet.

12-06-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure you can. it is also for value. you don't want someone else getting a free look at their gutshot or 6-outer when you most likely have the best hand and/or 6-outs against a small pocket pair that might give you a free turn card too.

it is very unlikely this hit anyone, so you should bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have the best hand, which is very likely, for every two random cards that you fold, you will increase your equity by ~15%.

Bet the flop. Raise the turn.