PDA

View Full Version : My First Video

sthief09
12-06-2005, 06:06 AM
link (http://www.pokeravi.com/videos/-Josh1.avi)

from last week. it was 5am so i doubt i played well. its cut short because i started having internet problems AS ALWAYS. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

15/30 4-tabling. sped up the framerate a lot so it shouldnt be too boring. plus im a lag and make random bluffs and stuff which can be entertaining

thanks tstone

cartman
12-06-2005, 06:12 AM
Hi Josh,

When I click the link I get a message that says something along the lines of:

"Quicktime is missing software required to perform this function. Unfortunately it is not available on the server"

I apologize for my ignorance and any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated. I would very much like to watch your video.

Thanks,
Cartman

sthief09
12-06-2005, 06:18 AM
do you have divx? if nto go to www.doom9.org (http://www.doom9.org) and get the gordian knot package

i just watched it. man is it boring. i see at least a couple of hands i dont like. shouldnt have paid off the river in my AT hand.

also btw in my Q7o hand i bet the river to induce a bluff raise. i actually think betting there has little value as a value bet since a lot of his hands are crap, but i do expect him to raise those since he was an idiot

12-06-2005, 08:00 AM
I also wondered about that A10 hand since you raised preflop and didnt fire on the flop. :/

The last hand you had QQ and found a Q on the river and just checked. I see that he must have hit something to call the flop and the river but how did you come to the conclusion that he would bet it? And what if the hand was a slowplayed set? Then you miss 3-betting. :/

Your river bet vs sovietpower. Was that a value bet or a bet to push him off AK-AJ?

sthief09
12-06-2005, 08:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I also wondered about that A10 hand since you raised preflop and didnt fire on the flop. :/

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, i had an oesd so i wasnt terribly worried. i figured hed take a stab at it at some point. i wanted to get to sd and didnt feel like getting raised. he is rarely folding to a bet.

[ QUOTE ]

The last hand you had QQ and found a Q on the river and just checked. I see that he must have hit something to call the flop and the river but how did you come to the conclusion that he would bet it? And what if the hand was a slowplayed set? Then you miss 3-betting. :/

[/ QUOTE ]

that was a case of not adjusting the the card. i was planning to checkraise the river, figuring him for a pair of some sort (dont remember all the action). i shouldve bet at the other overcard. when i check on a J8-high board, i am telling him i have A high and he will value bet. when i check on a QJ8-high board it could mean TT or 99. dont remember what he had but if the river was a deuce im sure i wouldve pulled it off

[ QUOTE ]
Your river bet vs sovietpower. Was that a value bet or a bet to push him off AK-AJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

thin value bet but i was pretty sure i had the best hand. he value bets any pocket pair on the river. he is aggro enough to raise worse A's preflop. there isnt much value in betting but again, im almost sure i have the best hand and im sure hes paying off with worse

12-06-2005, 08:11 AM
What HUD are you using here?

Thanks

-Hedgetop

sthief09
12-06-2005, 08:14 AM
www.pokeracesoftware.com (http://www.pokeracesoftware.com)

oreogod
12-06-2005, 08:57 AM
can u tell me what stats the 3-4 columns are?

oreogod
12-06-2005, 09:04 AM
im not a preflop nit or anything, but your pf raise w/ J8s in the co after one limper, is that standard for u or did u have a read?

Also:
You have Ad5d in BB and call BTNs open raise....flop 6c6h9h, goes check, check. U bet Th turn. Are u pretty much mucking to a raise?

12-06-2005, 09:33 AM
1.00: AA - You play this hand pretty aggressive and I like it vs a 65/20/1.8 player.

2.20: J8s - You bet a JT3 flop, guy who has 6sb left raises and you call. Turn brings third "green card" ( I assume its a club), he bets and you raise him because he's almost allin right?

4.00: AQo - board 2345, you check de turn going for a c/r?
I'd just bet this turn.

5.40: K8o - It was funny to see that you bet that river and 1 sec later you type: "shouldve check folded". I'm guilty of betting that kind of rivers as well.

7.10: 97o - You open-complete in the SB with 97o? I fold or raise.

8.00: K2s - You open-complete in the SB with K2s? I would raise.
Then you c/c a A83 flop giving you a backdoor flush. Why?

8.20: 98o - You raise OTB pf. Flop A98, you got 2pair, then a 24/11/2.6 c/r you on a T turn. You 3bet. I would call down, you got bottom 2pair on a AT98 board.

9.19: 88 - You donk the turn after he capped a 447 flop. I usually c/c the turn, but I think I like the turn donk. He could have been capping his FD on the flop and you don't want to give him a freecard.

10.00: ATo - I bet the 987r flop here 100% of the time, giving you an OESD+overcards.

10.40: AQo - Q on the river. You say: "I hate having to call this", I say: I love having to raise this".

12.09: Q7o - MP raises, SB calls, you call with Q7o in the BB? I fold. The rest of the hand you allready explained. Allthough I would just c/c the river if you wanna see a showdown.

12.43: 64o - 31/18/1.9 raises from CO, you call in BB with 64o. I fold. You're just a bit looser in the blinds I guess.

13.45: QQ - I know two women together got great sexappael, but I'd just bet this river. I think he would've raised a J somewhere and most opponents are bad valuebetters.

istewart
12-06-2005, 01:58 PM
The K2s open-complete hand. Obviously he has nothing a good % of the time on that flop (and clearly not an ace given the preflop action) but do you think it goes check-check, check-check on the turn/river frequently in that spot?

The 88 hand. Is bet/calling the turn there standard after he caps the flop?

oops, i accidentally responded to your post by editing your post. -josh

TheMetetron
12-06-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
im not a preflop nit or anything, but your pf raise w/ J8s in the co after one limper, is that standard for u or did u have a read?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is for me.

sthief09
12-06-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1.00: AA - You play this hand pretty aggressive and I like it vs a 65/20/1.8 player.

[/ QUOTE ]

fastplay against this type of idiot is great. i have to say though, i was very surprised to win it

[ QUOTE ]
2.20: J8s - You bet a JT3 flop, guy who has 6sb left raises and you call. Turn brings third "green card" ( I assume its a club), he bets and you raise him because he's almost allin right?

[/ QUOTE ]

his flop raise left him with about 2 BB. i wanted to make sure all the money went in the pot. normally id 3-bet the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
4.00: AQo - board 2345, you check de turn going for a c/r?
I'd just bet this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont remember this one exactly but i remember not being sure what to do. it wasnt a c/r. it was more of a "youre probably drawing dead so please bet for me, or least call a river bet thinking i have nothing" bet.

[ QUOTE ]
5.40: K8o - It was funny to see that you bet that river and 1 sec later you type: "shouldve check folded". I'm guilty of betting that kind of rivers as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can be too impulsive at times. that is the easiest check-fold in world.

[ QUOTE ]
7.10: 97o - You open-complete in the SB with 97o? I fold or raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont like the idea of raising or folding in this spot. there are plenty of hands where i want to see a flop but i dont feel like building a big pot out of position, and to be forced to stab at any flop. id rather keep it small and outplay him. in a 2/3 structure i can limp just about anything if he isnt raising me too much. in a 1/2 structure he would have to be passive for me to play this.

[ QUOTE ]
8.00: K2s - You open-complete in the SB with K2s? I would raise.
Then you c/c a A83 flop giving you a backdoor flush. Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

again, i dont want to build a big pot oop with this hand. i c/c the flop because i have no reason to think he is doing anything but taking a shot at it.

[ QUOTE ]
8.20: 98o - You raise OTB pf. Flop A98, you got 2pair, then a 24/11/2.6 c/r you on a T turn. You 3bet. I would call down, you got bottom 2pair on a AT98 board.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was thin but that player was very aggro. there are plenty of pair-draw combinations that will not only call my 3-bet but pay off the river as well.

[ QUOTE ]
9.19: 88 - You donk the turn after he capped a 447 flop. I usually c/c the turn, but I think I like the turn donk. He could have been capping his FD on the flop and you don't want to give him a freecard.

[/ QUOTE ]

he was 21/6/2.5. he cold called my EP raise. i had him on 99-55 or diamonds. yes, i thought he might check through with a flush draw though that isnt the primary reason. i had a feeling he was trying for a cheap showdown, hence my river donk even when i filled up. i mightve overplayed this one a bit.

[ QUOTE ]
10.00: ATo - I bet the 987r flop here 100% of the time, giving you an OESD+overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

having a lot of outs doesnt necessarily mean i should bet. i felt like the flop was likely to have paired him. if not, i felt like he might take a shot at it. if he has a worse hand i would like him to bet. if he has a better one i dont love being raised. when he checked through the flop my gut said that he was strong since i expected him to bet. i was wrong and i guess he put me on JT when i bet. i should have bet the turn i think.

[ QUOTE ]
10.40: AQo - Q on the river. You say: "I hate having to call this", I say: I love having to raise this".

[/ QUOTE ]

that was a bad read but that guy was passive. when he checks the turn after c/r the flop i think a healthy chunk of his range is weirdplayed sets. when i saw 66 it made a lot of sense to me.

[ QUOTE ]
12.09: Q7o - MP raises, SB calls, you call with Q7o in the BB? I fold. The rest of the hand you allready explained. Allthough I would just c/c the river if you wanna see a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

its thin but the raiser was a superaggressive idiot. as for the river, i still think i get omre value from this type of player by trying to get him to raise me when i bet at an obvious scare card. a lot of the super aggressive players will almost always raise when someoen changes the tempo.

[ QUOTE ]
12.43: 64o - 31/18/1.9 raises from CO, you call in BB with 64o. I fold. You're just a bit looser in the blinds I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

calling is fine

[ QUOTE ]
13.45: QQ - I know two women together got great sexappael, but I'd just bet this river. I think he would've raised a J somewhere and most opponents are bad valuebetters.

[/ QUOTE ]

people tend to be good value betters in this situation. i am guilty of not adjusting for the river card, but if the board was J high, my check indicates AK almost always and he will value bet any pair. i am confident in that. another situation where people will fearlessly value bet is when you raise preflop, bet the flop, and check the turn. they can bet any pair into you. they can even value bet good aces.

timprov
12-06-2005, 03:45 PM
I wish my brain were capable of following this. Is there a quarter-speed version for the old fogeys?

sthief09
12-06-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The K2s open-complete hand. Obviously he has nothing a good % of the time on that flop (and clearly not an ace given the preflop action) but do you think it goes check-check, check-check on the turn/river frequently in that spot?

[/ QUOTE ]

if he checks through the turn i think im ok to call the river given that he is so aggressive.

[ QUOTE ]

The 88 hand. Is bet/calling the turn there standard after he caps the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

my gut told me i was ahead. still, when i watch it, i probably overplayed it

sthief09
12-06-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wish my brain were capable of following this. Is there a quarter-speed version for the old fogeys?

[/ QUOTE ]

google a program called "avi framerate changer" then open the file in it and you can slow down the framrate

imported_ncray
12-06-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are using windows media player and it's in full screen mode, you can right click on the video and change the play speed. Alternatively, the command is ctrl-shift-s for "slow".

climber
12-06-2005, 06:26 PM
I second the request for explanation of your poker ace layout.

Is the large number in the center of the table jsut below the board table vp$ip?

I assume the three rows are flop turn and river with actions by street. what actions?

12-06-2005, 07:45 PM
i got that as well, but can i ask how you get the cards the way you have em and all the rest of it in pure black. Is that your customized paint-edit of the partyfiles, or is it a feature i can't find that PokerAce provides? thanks in advance,

henrikrh
12-06-2005, 08:31 PM
In another thread he just told me it was MSPaint.

Linky (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4122546&page=0&vc=1#Post 4122546)

Still curious about the number in the middle though.

sthief09
12-06-2005, 08:49 PM
vpip

the numbers on the right are aggression frequency, attempt to steal, fold bb to steal. on the bottom are aggression frequencies by street

1800GAMBLER
12-07-2005, 01:42 AM
your play seems v. v. v. v. v. v. good on most of these hands. very impressive vid.

DrGutshot
12-07-2005, 02:05 AM
Just watching now...about 1:45 in top right table you have AA, bet-3bet call a cap on the flop, check - miss the turn, then check the river and i say to myself 'beautiful check raise' then you just called and i cried on the inside.

-DrG

climber
12-07-2005, 02:10 AM
youve inspired me to waste/invest 2+ hours on my PA layout and reading about agg frequencies. thanks

Lmn55d
12-07-2005, 02:15 AM
Didn't Josh checkraise the turn, call a 3bet and check the river in that hand?

DrGutshot
12-07-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't Josh checkraise the turn, call a 3bet and check the river in that hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad - my computer is skipping around a bit and it skipped perfectly over the turn action. That play sounds more appropriate.

-DrG

Lmn55d
12-07-2005, 02:40 AM
is aggression frequency that new number that Poker Tracker has now? Do you use this instead of aggression factor ? If so, what are the advantages? I'm gonna give some comments on the video tomorrow.

Victor
12-07-2005, 03:38 AM
i dont like the 3bet with 89 bottom 2pair.

i woulda checkraised the turn when i hit the set of 8. on a good day against a reasonable player i can find a turn fold.

climber
12-07-2005, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is aggression frequency that new number that Poker Tracker has now? Do you use this instead of aggression factor ? If so, what are the advantages? I'm gonna give some comments on the video tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes its the new number. no its not a poker tracker number.
its an addittional stat PA offers and calculates. search the PA forums and the software forum for "aggression frequency". the advantage is it isn't dependant on vp$ip. so more accurate. only prob is it is a number from 0 to 100 so you need to figure out what that means--presumably through trial and error cause not a lot has been said at least for SH play.

sthief09
12-07-2005, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont like the 3bet with 89 bottom 2pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i did overplay it but i think its at least close. i feel a big part of his range is pair+draw hands that will pay the 3-bet off as well as a river raise

[ QUOTE ]

i woulda checkraised the turn when i hit the set of 8. on a good day against a reasonable player i can find a turn fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

i rivered it and felt that he could check behind

Drontier
12-07-2005, 05:23 AM
Very nice video. Unfortunately I didn't get to see you play blind defense from the sb and suited hands from the bb. Hope you make more videos. I could stand to learn a lot.

sthief09
12-07-2005, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Very nice video. Unfortunately I didn't get to see you play blind defense from the sb and suited hands from the bb. Hope you make more videos. I could stand to learn a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

good thing because i dont play so well in those spots

i have about 45 minutes of me 8 tabling 30/60 amazingly without disconnecting (though only 4 are recorded). first i want to find out if its possible to block out my screenname in the avi. i have done some douchy stuff, like showing bluffs, a little tilt inducing [censored] talking (mostly writing stuff like "nh ty" after i pick off a bluff or something or the ole /images/graemlins/smile.gif):)):) laughing smileys) after i suck out), and probably played a lot of hands really badly. if not i will probably just post them

waffle
12-07-2005, 09:34 AM
hey josh,

you can edit out your name in video post-production using virtualdub. just make like you're recompressing it (full processing mode), and add a 'fill' filter.. it will let you define a box. for each black rectangle you want in the vid, you need to add another fill filter.

sthief09
12-07-2005, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hey josh,

you can edit out your name in video post-production using virtualdub. just make like you're recompressing it (full processing mode), and add a 'fill' filter.. it will let you define a box. for each black rectangle you want in the vid, you need to add another fill filter.

[/ QUOTE ]

can i choose certain frames for it to go between is the black box there for good?

waffle
12-07-2005, 09:52 AM
i only know how to set the black box for the duration of the video. :|

oreogod
12-07-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes its the new number. no its not a poker tracker number.
its an addittional stat PA offers and calculates. search the PA forums and the software forum for "aggression frequency". the advantage is it isn't dependant on vp$ip. so more accurate. only prob is it is a number from 0 to 100 so you need to figure out what that means--presumably through trial and error cause not a lot has been said at least for SH play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a thread from the Pokerace forum, where I come in trying to figure out what the frequency numbers mean.

Link (http://pokeracesoftware.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=537)

Lmn55d
12-07-2005, 02:00 PM
1:02 you river a flush with AQs on 84TJ8 and checkraise the river. Do you think this has a higher EV than betting out. I haven't played too much 15/30, but in the 10/20 guys will puss out with a T, 4, lower pocket pair, etc. You have UTG as backup in case BB checks, but you would have to confront BB with 2 if you checkraised him.

4:12 When you check turn with AQ on 2534 board against a 46/25. I like the check and assume you were check/calling. You are donking river, right?

5:39 You have K8 on 6K9A9 board and value bet. You write that you should have checkfolded. Villain is 62/8 and limped preflop. His AF is .5. I'm not so sure that check/fold is the best play. Do you think someone with those stats is entirely incapable of bluffing a flush draw or gutshot straight draw? There are also a lot of pocket pair (55,44) and 6x hands that might just pay off. This one seems close. Is there any chance he checks behind a weak ace?

5:50 52s in sb against B on 42QA5 board against a 26/11. He checks behind the turn, meaning he is scared of the ace or is on air. Now the 5 gives any 3 a straight. That shouldn't scare him too much, but I think a lot of guys check behind with 4x, 2x or might bet/fold a weak queen. I don't think its bad but would like your thoughts.

10:57 you have AQ and are checkraised by PFR on 578 flop, you river a Q and write "terrible call." That's not even close to a terrible call.

12:35 You call in bb with Q7o against LAG flop is A75 you check/call flop and turn (good good). River you bet/call. I know you said in another post you wanted to induce a bluff raise. However I think you get a lot more value from inducing a bluff bet.

13:51 you have QQ and attempt to checkrase an EP limper on an 8J56Q board. There's only one queen left in the deck, 9T just straighted and his stats are passive. I think you're better off value betting. Low pocket pairs (44 etc) will often call but not bet.

kurosh
12-07-2005, 03:13 PM
About 1 minute in, you defend 76s in the BB from an MP raise. Board is KJ6r, turn 8, river 2. You cc the flop and turn. Are you folding to a river bet?

I don't think I like this. KJx hits too many PFR hands and it's not from a steal position.

johnnycakes
12-07-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
first i want to find out if its possible to block out my screenname in the avi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you start hiding your screenname now?

/images/graemlins/ooo.gif