PDA

View Full Version : River payoff

thesharpie
12-06-2005, 05:42 AM
No reads. What's the lowest type of made hand you'd bet this flop with?

Cryptologic €2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(4 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.00 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (1.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (1.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB.

KDawgCometh
12-06-2005, 05:53 AM
I'm betting like, almost any turn after the flop gets checked around. THe turn card is semi safe and I think you can bet/fold that

gehrig
12-06-2005, 06:17 AM
dont be so passive

bet flop
bet turn
call river

[ QUOTE ]
What's the lowest type of made hand you'd bet this flop with?

[/ QUOTE ]

27o

imported_leader
12-06-2005, 05:18 PM
I think the turns a pretty obvious bet unless these too are super loose. I'm better there with nothing all the time. You actually have a hand here.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn’t bet a 2 with no draw much. Anything better then I bet.

jba
12-06-2005, 05:27 PM

a decent A-hi

27offsooot
12-06-2005, 05:34 PM
I bet the flop here after sb checks with a lot. Any pair and ace high I'm betting. Bet the turn too. And the river i guess is fine although if he's passive enough to OL on the button, i find the raise really wierd, nonetheless, i pay off.

J. Stew
12-06-2005, 05:51 PM
why aren't we three betting tha river, A2 is betting the turn with a pair and gutshot . . . if not the flop, we're only beat by slow set/two pair w/2 on that board?

milesdyson
12-06-2005, 05:52 PM
any 4 has a straight. i [censored] hate this [censored].

27offsooot
12-06-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why aren't we three betting tha river, A2 is betting the turn with a pair and gutshot . . . if not the flop, we're only beat by slow set/two pair w/2 on that board?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, because there are 4 to a straight and we can assume that opponent is LP by his button OL (alhtough he could be retarded and be OL AA or something). He would've bet the turn with AA. I think a lot of people would check the turn with the str8 and then raise river bets b/c it's a small pot and they don't want people to fold. He could have a lower 2, but i think a str8 is more likely.

12-06-2005, 10:02 PM
grunch:

Bet flop, bet-fold turn. Pot is small and any other pair will beat you on the turn. I would probably never have made it to that river, but since you did, you might consider check-calling. Since the pot is small, even passives might take a stab, thinking no one will fight for it. Then you don't get raised if they actually have the straight.

No one has shown any interest whatsoever yet, so you don't have much reason to think they even have a pair, making a value bet thin to nil.

12-06-2005, 10:24 PM
Grunchy Grunchy.

I'd bet that flop with 5x, especially if x was a 3 or 4.
His river raise really screams a 4 to me, though it could be something like 2Qs (If he was REALLY liberal in calling from the button). I would call, but would not be happy about it w/o a read.

12-06-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The ace doesnt give him a gutshot. If a 4 comes, the 2-6 straight will be on the board. Just a nit point I guess.

12-06-2005, 10:44 PM
I /images/graemlins/heart.gif grunch
I /images/graemlins/heart.gif €

bet with second pair, king kicker?
I auto-bet this hand last to act.
are you suggesting that someone slow-played a flopped straight or set this bad? I think we should 3-bet, and MHIG.

edit: or turned straight. still does the average donk check last to act on 4th street? (i did see it last night actually)

Guruman
12-06-2005, 10:55 PM
--blind response--

with only two opponents, I bet this flop.