PDA

View Full Version : Calling all 18-25-year-olds.

J Chap
12-06-2005, 05:20 AM
The times, they are a-changin.

Edit: woops...didn't mean to screw up start time.

[Censfuckored]

MicroBob
12-06-2005, 05:24 AM
I'm going to vote no.

I don't think that you are going to teach your kids to play online-poker.

POKhER
12-06-2005, 06:07 AM
Im 18, i dont want kids till atleast 25 onwards lol!

Chances are no, i wont. Hopefully ill be super rich by then /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Brom
12-06-2005, 06:35 AM
If I have a kid, hopefully I'm nowhere near there.

henrikrh
12-06-2005, 10:15 AM

Don't teach your kids. Especially not before they are atleast 21. If you saw Joe Awada talking about his kids getting into online poker you will know my stance, excactly the same as hid, get the kids a real education, gambling destroys some people, you never know.

lighterjobs
12-06-2005, 03:43 PM
i'm 19 and if i had no idea what online poker was and my dad said he wanted to teach me, i would probably want to learn.

bb88
12-06-2005, 04:16 PM
If they want to play I'll teach them, but certainly won't introduce them to online play until they're older.

I voted no, but I probably will end up teaching my kids (hopefully not for ten more years or so... I'm 19 right now) at some point, but I won't set out to do so. I think there's a distinct difference there.

TStoneMBD
12-06-2005, 04:27 PM
im 20 and dont want to have kids for at least another 5-15 years. so itll be like 20-30 years until my kids are actually old enough to learn how to play poker and by then poker probably wont be nearly as possible. it might very well be though, only time will tell.

im going to try and instill mental discipline in my children. a good base foundation of correct logic and reasoning with a good grasp of reality and an understanding of EV. i think EV applies to many important things in life and im going to do my best to teach my kids about it.

some people just dont have it in them to learn/understand these concepts or they just dont want to. if my kids dont understand these concepts then thats ok but im not going to teach them poker. if they do and they want to learn it i will do my best.

of course my outlook on life will have drastically changed by then and i might very well be involved in an entirely different financial field that i would want my kids learning about instead of poker.

lehighguy
12-06-2005, 04:57 PM
Should I teach my mom to play poker? She keeps asking me.

12-06-2005, 06:38 PM
I dont think ill teach my kids how to play unless they for some reason get really into it then maybe id check it out just to make sure they arent on my buddy list.

I would probably teach my mom how to play unless she has shown signs of her love to gamble liek buying scratch tickest everyday like some paretns i know

Solami17
12-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Interesting.

I am 18 and started playing online by myself when my dad tought me how to play when I was 12. He is a live game player and has no idea how to even turn on the computer.

As for me, I say no because I dont want my children to be addicted at such a young age. If they wanted to play, I would teach em to play the way I learned, lots of reading and studying and grinding that is

henrikrh
12-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Force them to read 5 books by sklansky before they even see a flop, if it's still exciting to them then fine.

ZenMusician
12-06-2005, 10:29 PM
By the time your kids are old enough they will be
playing on their cell phone/blackberry/watch/fax/navel-ring.

Your kids will try sex before poker...warn them about bad beats!

-ZEN

Raven
12-07-2005, 01:29 AM
I'm teaching my dad, he want to check it since he will retire in 3-4 years. I just made im bought gettin started in holdem lol. Its fun.

obsidian
12-07-2005, 01:58 AM
No way I would teach my kids to play at an early age. Maybe later though when they are 20+.

cnfuzzd
12-07-2005, 03:34 AM
im going to charge my kids to pay, making them do chores in return for lessons. Then, i will stake them, taking some hugely unfair percentage for the staker, me. Then, since i will have created all their accounts (under my affiliation) i will break into said account, stealing their money. This will be to teach them to protect their info. Then i will restake them with a worse deal.

peace

john nickle

Zetack
12-07-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
im going to charge my kids to pay, making them do chores in return for lessons. Then, i will stake them, taking some hugely unfair percentage for the staker, me. Then, since i will have created all their accounts (under my affiliation) i will break into said account, stealing their money. This will be to teach them to protect their info. Then i will restake them with a worse deal.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

You're in a club with Michael Jackson's parents aren't you?

12-07-2005, 12:02 PM
If they want to learn, I have no problem teaching them, but I'm not going to sit them down one day and just introduce poker...

But if they're going to play anyway, I might as well teach them how to do it right, and teach them how to properly control their money etc.

droolie
12-07-2005, 12:33 PM
I plan on chaining my kids to the desk and have a sweat shop going. They will earn their meals in the form of BB's.

college_boy
12-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Online poker will be dead by then.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
12-07-2005, 05:07 PM
online poker is NOT going away. It may not be as good as it is now but its not going anywhere.