PDA

View Full Version : Interesting statistical finding between my Party and Stars SNG results

handsome
12-06-2005, 05:07 AM
"Is there more variance in the Party 50+5's than in the Stars 55+5 turbo's?" by handsome

Party 50+5's:
ROI: 24.7%
ITM: 37.1%
Average place: 4.80
Variance: 7.62
Standard deviation: 2.76
N: 100

Stars 55+5's:
ROI: 34.8%
ITM: 44.6%
Average place: 4.26
Variance: 6.57
Standard dev: 2.56
N: 100

I'm not talking about my "true" ROI, which would require a several thousand SNG sample size.. I just wanted to determine if one site's SNG's has more variance than the other's. I ran a t-test and found a fairly significant P-value of 0.07. In many cases, this means that my results indeed show that there is a higher variance attached to the Party 50+5's than the Stars 55+5 turbo's. That is all.

Anyhow, I should really move back to Stars.

applejuicekid
12-06-2005, 05:10 AM
Congratulations on you very nice ROI. It it is obvious Stars has lower variance due to the SNGs only being 9 handed.

rbear
12-06-2005, 05:10 AM
my variance at party is still pretty high because I keep sucking /images/graemlins/grin.gif Haven't opened pstars account.

Mr_J
12-06-2005, 05:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations on you very nice ROI. It it is obvious Stars has lower variance due to the SNGs only being 9 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, how about a comparison of turnover? Eg how long sngs at each site takes etc.

applejuicekid
12-06-2005, 05:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, how about a comparison of turnover? Eg how long sngs at each site takes etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars sngs are definitely shorter on average. I don't know by how much but I'd say about 10 minutes.

HesseJam
12-06-2005, 05:57 AM
PS turbos are faster but it is difficult to track because I think that if you import the Party mail, PT will show you the total tourney time whereas you PS import will show you only the time until you bust.

The main reason why I think that they are faster is that the blinds increase every 5 mins and it doesn't really matter how fast they are played before you reach meaningful blinds. But Stars players play faster, IMO. On Party, I played several tourneys where the action was really slow and it took ages to get to the third level.

FIW, I played 600 Stars turbos. I never had a tourney going longer than 55 mins (OK, where I was heads up). On Party I had several that went over an hour where I was heads up.

johnnybeef
12-06-2005, 06:09 AM
Besides being 9 handed, stars starts you out with more chips.

Apathy
12-06-2005, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't really relevant since the structure is so different (and much faster on stars).

skipperbob
12-06-2005, 09:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to sneak anything by that "Beef" person when he's on his game /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

stupidsucker
12-06-2005, 12:08 PM
PS turbos are faster but it is difficult to track because I think that if you import the Party mail, PT will show you the total tourney time whereas you PS import will show you only the time until you bust.

very good to know.. boy does that change my $/hr.

edit:now that I think of it.... I dont think you are correct. I am fairly certain party HH emails log the correct time of play if you bust for use with $/hr.

HesseJam
12-06-2005, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I'm really not sure about it and don't have my PT stats available here. But if I was correct and you are multitabling it should not change your $/h so much anyway. It should then just increase your multi-tabling ratio.

bluefeet
12-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Clearly you are delusional! Stars is a horrid, horrid place for 2p2'ers to play. There are obviously major holes in your research.

Party is better, move along folks, nothing to see here...

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pooh74
12-06-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Clearly you are delusional! Stars is a horrid, horrid place for 2p2'ers to play. There are obviously major holes in your research.

Party is better, move along folks, nothing to see here...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I mean, if you can take 20 BI daily swings then stars is the place for you, otherwise, its like having 8 Raymers at every table you sit at.

I only play there because like it said on the commercial, its good for my game.