PDA

View Full Version : aggression

tiltboy
07-11-2003, 03:12 PM
Last night I joined a $3/6 online HE game and in my first time on button get K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif . Four callers to me so I call. SB completes bet and BB, who appears to be the table maniac (raised 32o a couple hands back after 2 limpers), raises and all call so 7 of us see the flop (14 sb in pot).
Flop is A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif .
Not awful. SB check, maniac bets, call, call, raise, fold ..., and I three bet. Upshot is 5 see the turn for 3 SB each. Here it gets dicey as turn is:
A /forums/images/icons/club.gif .
Maniac is now first to act and bets. one caller and rest fold so its up to me. Given maniac's previous play I thought I might still be in the lead with the Aces and Eights but the other player just calling puzzled me. Another flush draw? I considered raising but just called. Mistake?

River is 4 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif . Maniac again bets out, MP again calls and I raise. I figure to be way ahead or way behind and I want to make some cash if I'm ahead. I'm not sure what I would've done if MP had raised, but probably called in hopes he did in fact have a flush too.

Is this last raise too aggressive? Thanks for any and all constructive comments on my play.

Stork
07-11-2003, 03:51 PM
I woulda played it the same way /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Inthacup
07-11-2003, 04:07 PM
Is this last raise too aggressive?

No, it's a good raise. The turn is well played also. Maniac may very well have an A, but I wouldn't raise the turn for several reasons, mainly because you're probably behind and I'm not a fan of jamming the pot when I'm behind.

Mike Gallo
07-11-2003, 04:27 PM
Tiltboy,

Good river raise. You have the second nut flush. ( 2 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif is the steel wheel straight flush).

Both players could have an ace and both will pay you off. Since you have an 8. I doubt any of your opponents held pocket 8's.

The player in the middle might cause me some concern. It makes me feel uneasy when players just call in the middle.

I think you played the hand fine. I do not know if I would have raised the turn.

Michael